Just bought a Ford Focus Powershift

Found 13th Apr
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 62 Ford Focus Powershift and I didn't really understand the powershift part, as it was listed as an automatic.

I had the mistake of researching the Powershift after purchase and have seen people have had a lot of issues with the Ford Focus & Fiestas especially 011 and 12 plates.

Pretty worried now but has anyone on here had any experiences with these?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
You did do a thorough test drive of the car in question didn't you??
Oh dear. Why commit to a big purchase without knowing the items pros and cons. Beggars belief.
33630975-oYZv6.jpg
Hallsie39 m ago

You did do a thorough test drive of the car in question didn't you??

Yeah definitely.. I mean I cannot really notice a different but there have been lots of faults with them
We've had a couple of dual clutch gearboxes and they've been fine. You'll find horror stories about any named technology, I wouldn't worry about it.
EndlessWaves2 m ago

We've had a couple of dual clutch gearboxes and they've been fine. You'll …We've had a couple of dual clutch gearboxes and they've been fine. You'll find horror stories about any named technology, I wouldn't worry about it.

Cheers for this
Had a quick look and yes they do have many issues. If you have purchased it from a dealer than see if you can return it for a non auto model.
If you are stuck with it, might be worth while getting a private warranty. Most warranties are hopeless but warranty wise, warranty direct are good.
Might be worthwhile getting a private warranty to give you the peace of mind.
Would check with consumer rights to see what are your rights as it seems you were not well informed
adamderak5 m ago

Had a quick look and yes they do have many issues. If you have purchased …Had a quick look and yes they do have many issues. If you have purchased it from a dealer than see if you can return it for a non auto model.If you are stuck with it, might be worth while getting a private warranty. Most warranties are hopeless but warranty wise, warranty direct are good.Might be worthwhile getting a private warranty to give you the peace of mind.Would check with consumer rights to see what are your rights as it seems you were not well informed

Thanks, I will have a look into this
do you have the petrol or diesel as the petrol cars were fitted with the problem gearboxes
ding46 m ago

do you have the petrol or diesel as the petrol cars were fitted with the …do you have the petrol or diesel as the petrol cars were fitted with the problem gearboxes

Petrol
jjo94 h, 20 m ago

Thanks, I will have a look into this

Don't bother with warranty companies. They're all scammers. Unless the gearbox or engine are literally dragging along the pavement they won't pay out.
Did you get the 1.0 or 1.6 petrol?
MIDURIX5 h, 1 m ago

Did you get the 1.0 or 1.6 petrol?

It is the 1.6 that I got
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants