Groups

Just bought a new car and so happy!

Ive just got back from Oldham where i am going back to tomorrow to pick up my VW Golf GTI i really cant wait now!

Trying to contain my excitement, just thought i would post a thread about it. Ive got a VW Golf MK4 at the moment but wanted to get something better, so what better than an 06 Golf GTi TCI 1.4 that has only done 2,000 miles.

Over the moon and just want tomorrow to come quick enough :-D

40 Comments

niiiiiiiiiiice car!!
    altho i think i prefer the scirocco!!!

Good luck tm!

awww honey congratulations, so glad you are happy

The 1.4 is not a GTI?

ClarityofMind;5477747

awww honey congratulations, so glad you are happy

Hi COM!! How are you?:)

06 Golf GTi TCI 1.4

Is it a 1.4 with a bodykit or the 1.4 TSI golf Steve?

Most likely the GT version and not Gtaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

As these are 1.4 TCi's!!

Banned

Naeem786;5477790

Most likely the GT version and not GtaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiAs these are … Most likely the GT version and not GtaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiAs these are 1.4 TCi's!!

TSI surely?

casparwhite;5477967

TSI surely?

OOpppsss yep meant TSi!! :oops:

or FSI...

pghstochaj;5478029

or FSI...

06 plate? ^^^^^ This.

i likes skodas some saftey freaks got rid of the lada now that was a car to behold!!!

foxymissroxy;5478187

i likes skodas some saftey freaks got rid of the lada now that was a car … i likes skodas some saftey freaks got rid of the lada now that was a car to behold!!!

http://www.ukemergency.co.uk/police/dsc05934.jpg

The VRs Skodas are good cars - got the same engine as my Audi!

My new motor!!

http://i41.tinypic.com/2yyavk3.jpg

Naeem786;5478274

My new motor!!

Ford? Focus?

Although the display in the centre console makes me think otherwise . . . .

mbgringo;5478283

Ford? Focus?

lol....You being serious?

mbgringo;5478218

The VRs Skodas are good cars - got the same engine as my Audi!

theres always one!!!! lol i tested one quite liked it just not too much leg room for a trillion tots!! i ended with a trusty VW too!! lol :thumbsup:

Naeem786;5478291

lol....You being serious?

Not really :lol:

Naeem786;5478274

My new motor!!

you need to learn real gears!!! :-D

Original Poster

Sorry guys. Put the wrong number in its a 1.4 TSi. Will post a pic of it now.

[IMG]pictures.autotrader.co.uk/img…dia?id=924473488[/IMG]

Its the baby brother of the 2 Litre GTi. Was looking at the GTi cars but the insurance was ridiculous on them.

i like its angry look!!! i get the pee poor base model when mine goes for a service very uninspiring!!

edit the one i get is!! i imagine that one to be a lil more fun!!

mbgringo;5478312

Not really :lol:

This may help you................

http://i44.tinypic.com/24vnml1.jpg

Sheep87;5477771

Hi COM!! How are you?:)

Hi sweetie, sorry I didn't see your post earlier. I'm fine, how are you doin? Hope you got a great weekend comin your way

Banned

nice ride, which engine u got?

love them new headlights

got pic of the back end?

Naeem786;5478360

This may help you................

Its ok, the controls near the gearstick and the head unit give it away, just wanted to check the Ford Focus reaction :lol:

How you afford that? You must be minted!

sorry Naeem hun but that screams git!!

Original Poster

Intruding my thread with a classy Merc... how dare you? Haha just kidding nice car.

foxymissroxy;5478427

Naeem's anything but

(until he cuts me up on the M62, then its oooonnn!)

stevey_p7;5478335

Sorry guys. Put the wrong number in its a 1.4 TSi. Will post a pic of it … Sorry guys. Put the wrong number in its a 1.4 TSi. Will post a pic of it now. [IMG]http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=924473488[/IMG]Its the baby brother of the 2 Litre GTi. Was looking at the GTi cars but the insurance was ridiculous on them.

Somebody has been playing about with the grill on that!

casparwhite;5478393

nice ride, which engine u got?love them new headlights got pic of the … nice ride, which engine u got?love them new headlights got pic of the back end?

Yep...headlights are nice!! Its C220 AMG, black ceramic roof!! :thumbsup:

Really nice ride, may get to keep it!! :-D

Banned

got stuck on page 1 lol

foxymissroxy;5478427

lol...Does it, better than a Lada!! :whistling:

mbgringo;5478438

Naeem's anything but :)(until he cuts me up on the M62, then its oooonnn!)

lol

Original Poster

pghstochaj;5478471

Somebody has been playing about with the grill on that!

No all of them are like that. Ive looked at many pics of different tsi's. They are the baby brother of the GTi plus it has the same grill as the gti anyway. I can post a pic of the cars boot which says TSi.

Heres another pic of a TSi from somewhere online.

carmagazine.co.uk/upl…jpg

Naeem786;5478530

lol...Does it, better than a Lada!! :whistling:lol

its not what you got its what you do in it that counts ;-)

stevey_p7;5478534

No all of them are like that. Ive looked at many pics of different tsi's. … No all of them are like that. Ive looked at many pics of different tsi's. They are the baby brother of the GTi plus it has the same grill as the gti anyway. I can post a pic of the cars boot which says TSi.Heres another pic of a TSi from somewhere online.http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/upload/8566/images/98VWGolfGTIlongtermtest.jpg

I assure you that the sport TSI (or GT TSI) does not state GTI on the front VW do not go about making their lower models have badges on stating that it is their flagship. That photo in your link is a GTI (look at the URL address).

This is the GT:

http://liveimages.editorial.carsales.com.au/carsales/general/editorial/ge5074680095317521539.jpg
    http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/glass/lo/J1T09Alo.jpg

Fairly irrelevant, but you might have wanted to know (i.e. for insurance purposes). Look at ebay rather than taking my word for it.

Original Poster

pghstochaj:

Yeah i see where your coming from mate. Have looked at pics online and the majority only have the GT badge on the grill. I'm not too fussed ttbh its felt so smooth to drive and lived everything about it.

Dont know if someone has stuck and I on the end of it but with the person who has it now i seem doubtful.

Although the car i have bought has a different grill to the pics you have posted above.

stevey_p7;5478641

pghstochaj:Yeah i see where your coming from mate. Have looked at pics … pghstochaj:Yeah i see where your coming from mate. Have looked at pics online and the majority only have the GT badge on the grill. I'm not too fussed ttbh its felt so smooth to drive and lived everything about it. Dont know if someone has stuck and I on the end of it but with the person who has it now i seem doubtful. Although the car i have bought has a different grill to the pics you have posted above.

They have replaced the whole grill rather than just added the "I", the GTI has the mesh type arrangement, the other models just have slats.

foxymissroxy;5478555

its not what you got its what you do in it that counts ;-)

lol...By the way its triptronic!!! :thumbsup:

Naeem786;5478699

lol...By the way its triptronic!!! :thumbsup:

insert expected gearknob joke here!!

Original Poster

pghstochaj;5478690

They have replaced the whole grill rather than just added the "I", the … They have replaced the whole grill rather than just added the "I", the GTI has the mesh type arrangement, the other models just have slats.

Well it looks better anyway, i dont know its definitely a TSi under the bonnet which my insurance benefits from.

Thanks for the heads up anyway, will give it an inspection tomorrow ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?12
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767129
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1831
      4. In-store receipt cashback - Shopitize, TopCashBack's 'Groceries', Quidco's …2599

See more discussions