Just bought a PS3 again - Need help with a few things guys

Banned
The new bundle out on the 28th with Little Big Planet

First one bought was £550, this was £306 with 4 games, a HDMI cable and 21 on blu ray

Console working out about £190 delivered (cheaper than my 300 quid blu ray player which will go straight on ebay me thinks)

Can I have some starter help please guys

I own all 3 consoles now so this is a neutral post hopefully

- If something goes wrong how long is the warranty and is it courriered or do amazon give you a new one

- does it upscale blu ray? the first ones didn't

- how do you get online and what do you need for it

- can you talk online like the 360? and do you need to buy a mic then

-anyone had any problems or is it noisey etc

Thanks guys, any help would be greatly appreciated

14 Comments

your warranty will be with sony and for 12 months

to get online you can use wireless internet or ethernet connection... when you first turn on your ps3 jus follow the intruction..

to talk on line you can use a blutooth head set....or you could buy the ps3 eye that has both a camera and mic that plus usb....looking at getting one myself.

up scales dvd not sure about blue ray

Original Poster Banned

rob585;3502691

up scales dvd not sure about blue ray

I meant DVD sorry:oops:

Also guys how do I charge my remotes I bought, I bought a white on there

Banned

Are your questions for the non-English members seeing as you believe the English are educationally backward?

Anyway:-

If something goes wrong how long is the warranty and is it courriered or do amazon give you a new one
1 year warranty and contact amazon if a fault develops. Outside of 1 year, contact Sony as rumours suggest they replace even out of warranty for a while afterthe initial year

- does it upscale blu ray? the first ones didn't
blu-ray is FULL HD resolution so it would not get upscaled from what I recall. it might get downscaled.

- how do you get online and what do you need for it
already has wifi so just connect using cat5e cable to a router or scan automatically for a wireless router

- can you talk online like the 360? and do you need to buy a mic then
yes, but you need a bluetooth headset and then scan for the device under system settings

-anyone had any problems or is it noisey etc
never had any problem and is practically silent and mine is the 60gb model. The 40/80gb models should be even quieter as less power used.

Decent sites:-

manuals.playstation.net/doc…tml

boardsus.playstation.com/pla…608

community.eu.playstation.com/pla…eu/

uk.playstation.com/ps3/

Banned

My PS3 revs like crazy after a good hour of gameplay when the fans kick in. Should i be worried then and arrange a replacement?

king1gazza;3502840

My PS3 revs like crazy after a good hour of gameplay when the fans kick … My PS3 revs like crazy after a good hour of gameplay when the fans kick in. Should i be worried then and arrange a replacement?

While it's still in warranty (if it is), it may be worth a phone call to get it checked over... I have 2 and both are practically silent, even after prolonged use.

You do have it in a well-ventilated area, don't you?

Johnrulez;3502724

Also guys how do I charge my remotes I bought, I bought a white on there

The PS3 should come with a USB charger cable for your controllers

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for the help guys will leave rep for you all

Original Poster Banned

And just to double check it does upscale DVD? as the first ones didn't

Thanks

Johnrulez;3503515

And just to double check it does upscale DVD? as the first ones … And just to double check it does upscale DVD? as the first ones didn'tThanks

It DOES upscale DVD, yeah - all of them do now... it was introduced by a firmware update :thumbsup:

The original PS3 upscales DVDs to 1080p! I use it every day almost, maybe it had to be updated first though.....

Either that or I've had a mental aberration for the last year lol.

Original Poster Banned

Done guys, well mine is realeased on the 28th and I am quite excited, will report back in a month and say which i play the most

Thanks again
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1018
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    3. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722

See more discussions