Groups
    EXPIRED

just bought an iPhone 5 from ebay

They didn't reset/ left logged in on their apple I'd. They gave me there pass code so I can get on the phone , will I lick any icloud if I log out and enter my apple I'd or reset to factory settings? Thanks

11 Comments

I would reset to factory settings as that's what I would do before I sold a phone

Original Poster

I'm worried about I cloud locking, or is icoud only if reported stolen and locked by apple? I have no idea what I could is but I know it can make ur phone useless lol

I sold my iphone 4 and all I did was press factory reset before selling. Buyer didn't come back saying it wasn't working. Can't see how it can lock but best wait until someone more knowledgeable comes on board. Good luck

Original Poster

lol yeah thanks for your response anyways

Have you connected the phone to itunes yet ?
    If its icloud locked you wont be able to add music etc to it.

support.apple.com/kb/…702

Original Poster

no, im actually on their phone though, i can access everything on the phone. im not sure how u know if icloud is locked. can i just go and reset to factory settings?

harmonysalesuk

no, im actually on their phone though, i can access everything on the … no, im actually on their phone though, i can access everything on the phone. im not sure how u know if icloud is locked. can i just go and reset to factory settings?

If you reset it and its locked to an icloud account it wont let you into the phone.
    I would try to connect to itunes first see if it asks for the icloud password.
    Only the original owner can unlock it from icloud.

Original Poster

ok thanks

I'd check if they've registered to find my iphone first as if they have only they can remove it.
    Sorry for adding lol to the beginning and end of my sentence.

If the iPhone turns out to be unuseable, report it to ebay and request a refund as all phones must be factory reset before being sold - that is one of ebay's T&Cs. Good luck.

Original Poster

thanks everyone for your replys
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs2067
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047200
      3. Cheer me up please?1435
      4. word association Game74044586

See more discussions