Groups

Just bought some Cremola Foam/Kremola Fizz

MMM was nice expensive though it tastes like refreshers!

Who remembers it?

41 Comments

Banned

Inb4 diet.

Diet still going well?

And financial woes...

Original Poster

Well I now own a second hand exercise bike but I cant get it to work lol, the wheel doesnt turn so its either rusty or just needs oil or some other fault.

Havent weighed myself recently but some tight fitting clothes now fit me and Im not as groogy.

Have you tried pedalling? PS WTF is groogy?

In b4 classic thread backfire

Original Poster

jah128

Have you tried pedalling? PS WTF is groogy?

Im dyslexic lol so sometimes type things wrong, it should be groggy but I guess you really knew that.

Yes I tried pedalling forward but its not moving right, if I pedal backwards its easy but the wheel doesnt move.

I literally use all my force and still strugle to move the wheel at all when pedalling forward, I have used exercise bikes at uni gym and town gym before so know how to pedal and so its not down to force.

ryouga

Im dyslexic lol so sometimes type things wrong, it should be groggy but I … Im dyslexic lol so sometimes type things wrong, it should be groggy but I guess you really knew that.Yes I tried pedalling forward but its not moving right, if I pedal backwards its easy but the wheel doesnt move.I literally use all my force and still strugle to move the wheel at all when pedalling forward, I have used exercise bikes at uni gym and town gym before so know how to pedal and so its not down to force.

I know it may be a stupid question but didn't you at least try pedalling before you bought it?

Original Poster

boothy

I know it may be a stupid question but didn't you at least try pedalling … I know it may be a stupid question but didn't you at least try pedalling before you bought it?

Got it at a boot sale as guy was packing up so had no time really and the guy offered to deliver it for free.

Cost me £10 for the bike and a walking machine thing(where you hold handles and it lifts your up a bit)

Start jogging, it will become a hobby instead of excercise, and once you are fit enough start running and then move it up to sprinting, trust me, you either dedicate your life to losing weight until it's all gone or don't bother at all.

This thread has potential

Where about did u get it ? not seen it in a shop for years

Original Poster

louloublue

Where about did u get it ? not seen it in a shop for years

A shop in Ayr does it, according to a website only a dozen shops in Scotland(or maybe the UK) stock it.

Didnt seem to foam up anywhere near as much as I remember it to though. but stains your fingers lol.

Has a list of ingredients on it though.

Is it a Scottish thing,i've never heard of it........

Banned

Yeah it's a Scotch sweet. I think they give it to their kids before they take up the heroin.

fizzshop.co.uk/

Original Poster

DJ1

Yeah it's a Scotch sweet. I think they give it to their kids before they … Yeah it's a Scotch sweet. I think they give it to their kids before they take up the heroin. http://www.fizzshop.co.uk/

Its not a sweet its a drink and Scotch doesnt mean Scottish btw Scotch is a drink.
    Edited by: "ryouga" 7th Sep 2010

ryouga

Its not a sweet its a drink and Scotch doesnt mean Scottish btw Scotch is … Its not a sweet its a drink and Scotch doesnt mean Scottish btw Scotch is a drink.

Yeah.....Scottish Whisky

Like a Scotch Pie is a Scottish Pie

And a Scotch Egg is an egg, wrapped in sausagmeat and breadcrumbs.

Original Poster

midlandscomics

Yeah.....Scottish WhiskyLike a Scotch Pie is a Scottish PieAnd a Scotch … Yeah.....Scottish WhiskyLike a Scotch Pie is a Scottish PieAnd a Scotch Egg is an egg, wrapped in sausagmeat and breadcrumbs.

Scotch eggs arent Scottish and no one knows if Scotch pies are Scottish especially since they are sold worldwide.

Scotch is a drink not a term for Scottish items.

The term Scotch can be used for a type of food item but not any food item that comes from scotland.

Edited by: "ryouga" 7th Sep 2010

midlandscomics

Yeah.....Scottish WhiskyLike a Scotch Pie is a Scottish PieAnd a Scotch … Yeah.....Scottish WhiskyLike a Scotch Pie is a Scottish PieAnd a Scotch Egg is an egg, wrapped in sausagmeat and breadcrumbs.

Scotch pie is mutton, not a pie from scotland lol

Scotch has been used in the past as a word for the scottish but in modern society it can be considered offensive, Scot is the term used to describe Scottish people now

ryouga

Scotch eggs arent Scottish and no one knows if Scotch pies are Scottish … Scotch eggs arent Scottish and no one knows if Scotch pies are Scottish especially since they are sold worldwide.Scotch is a drink not a term for Scottish items.The term Scotch can be used for a type of food item but not any food item that comes from scotland.

I never said Scotch Eggs were Scottish But Scotch is whisky produced at a distillery........ in Scotland.

Original Poster

midlandscomics

I never said Scotch Eggs were Scottish But Scotch is whisky produced … I never said Scotch Eggs were Scottish But Scotch is whisky produced at a distillery........ in Scotland.

Yeah I noticed you put that there and assumed it was there to try and trick me I was just saying they werent Scottish despite being called Scotch to back up that Scotch doesnt mean Scottish.

Scotch is seemingly used for certain styles of food and drink items from Scotland but not limited to Scotland.

My local bakers call Scotch Pies "meat pies" and a different type of pie similar to Scotch pie is a Killie Pie, named of course after Kilmarnock.

ryouga

Scotch is a drink not a term for Scottish items.

Bullcrap. Buy a dictionary.

Is it offensive to Scots? Yes, a little.
    Can it mean something/one from Scotland? Yes, of course so.

Original Poster

jah128

Bullcrap. Buy a dictionary. Is it offensive to Scots? Yes, a little. … Bullcrap. Buy a dictionary. Is it offensive to Scots? Yes, a little. Can it mean something/one from Scotland? Yes, of course so.

Do you have any proof of that?

I find it strange as the majority of Scottish people I know say its not a term for something/one from Scotland so its only seems to hugely be the English that think so.

So what makes them so special? I would think The Scottish people knew what was Scottish just a little more than the English would!

jah128

Bullcrap. Buy a dictionary. Is it offensive to Scots? Yes, a little. … Bullcrap. Buy a dictionary. Is it offensive to Scots? Yes, a little. Can it mean something/one from Scotland? Yes, of course so.

^^This

Scotch is an adjective that basically means "of Scotland" but is mainly used for food and drink now, but to use it to describe a person is a bit like calling all americans "yanks" etc and can be considered offensive
    Edited by: "micoo" 8th Sep 2010

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

ooh sorry that avatar was supposed to be deleted1

ryouga

Do you have any proof of that?I find it strange as the majority of … Do you have any proof of that?I find it strange as the majority of Scottish people I know say its not a term for something/one from Scotland so its only seems to hugely be the English that think so.So what makes them so special? I would think The Scottish people knew what was Scottish just a little more than the English would!

That's why they're called a Scotch Pie down here, and just a pie in Scotland..... you're already in the place they originate from, so don't need to make the reference when advertising them.

Shame they taste like crap down here and aren't a patch on the ones I normally bring back with me, same as (scotch) Irn Bru ......

Well I guess the majority of people you know from Scotland are ignorant then.

This is OED's definition, not really sure what more you need.
    ryouga

I find it strange as the majority of Scottish people I know say its not a … I find it strange as the majority of Scottish people I know say its not a term for something/one from Scotland so its only seems to hugely be the English that think so.So what makes them so special? I would think The Scottish people knew what was Scottish just a little more than the English would!

A. adj. 1. a. Of persons: Of, belonging to, or native to, … A. adj. 1. a. Of persons: Of, belonging to, or native to, Scotland.1606 WARNER Alb. Eng. XIV. lxxxiv. (1612) 350 Ferquard did with the fatall Chaire, earst spoke-of, send his Sonne. That thereupon of Scotch-Kings Here the Title first begunne, And all Scotch-Crownings earst as his, on it were Else-where done. 1654 H. L'ESTRANGE Chas. I (1655) 166 The Scot'sh Revolters in the state I left them, were not like to meliorate nor to goe lesse in animosity. c1655 MILTON Sonn., On new Forcers Consc. 12 By shallow Edwards and Scotch what d'ye call. 1701 Cowel's Interpr., Acre, an old sort of Duel fought by single Combatants, English and Scotch, between the Frontiers of their Kingdom, with Sword and Lance. a1704 T. BROWN Laconics Wks. 1711 IV. 15 An English Bull-dog, and a Scotch Presbyterian, are of a different Species from all the Bull-dogs and Presbyterians in the World. 1775 Brit. Chronol. II. an. 1717, 19 June, Several of the Scotch clergy, being convicted a second time, of not praying for king George by name, were silenced for three years. 1838 W. BELL Dict. Law Scot. Pref. 7 To which no Scotch lawyer of the present century can refer, without [etc.]. 1860 THACKERAY Round. Papers, On some carp at Sans Souci, That tipsy Scotch gentleman who used to come to the chambers sometimes. 1861 PEARSON Early & Mid. Ages Eng. xxvi. 313 His marriage with Maud, the aunt of the Scotch king. 1894 SIR J. D. ASTLEY Fifty Yrs. Life II. 201 He had no Scotch blood in him that I know of! 1943 Sun (Baltimore) 25 June 12/7 My father came from Invernesshire and certainly never restricted the use of Scotch to the whiskey. It is only in recent years that certain Anglo-American friends have made me feel guilty of committing a particularly bourgeois faux pas by using the word. We always looked on Scottish as rather affected, overly poetic. 1976 Times 11 May 15/3 Professor Trevor Roper..tries to irritate and provoke by using the word ‘Scotch’ knowing well that many decent Scots..have come to regard this as a demeaning adjective.

Like your cut and paste quote says... that's the verb scotch. Completely different to the adjective Scotch.
    Edited by: "midlandscomics" 8th Sep 2010

Original Poster

midlandscomics

That's why they're called a Scotch Pie down here, and just a pie in … That's why they're called a Scotch Pie down here, and just a pie in Scotland..... you're already in the place they originate from, so don't need to make the reference when advertising them.Shame they taste like crap down here and aren't a patch on the ones I normally bring back with me, same as (scotch) Irn Bru ......

Not really, we do have scotch pies up here too, not just in supermarkets even big Scottish pie making firms sell Scotch pies(and curry pies and similar such products lol)

What I was going on about when I said its not used to refer to items was in the sense that you wouldnt call Scottish milk "scotch milk" or "scotch bread" just because it came from scotland unless it was noticably different, its just milk and bread.

midlandscomics

Like your cut and paste quote says... that's the verb scotch. … Like your cut and paste quote says... that's the verb scotch. Completely different to the adjective Scotch.

Which post is that addressed to? Confused!

jah128

Which post is that addressed to? Confused!

The one Ryouga posted (which he's now deleted) when trying to explain how scotch wasn't award relating to Scotland.

midlandscomics

The one Ryouga posted (which he's now deleted) when trying to explain how … The one Ryouga posted (which he's now deleted) when trying to explain how scotch wasn't award relating to Scotland.

Ah I see... Nice backtracking from Ryouga.... (NB Heres a clue - not that many verbs start with capital letters ;-))
    Edited by: "jah128" 8th Sep 2010

midlandscomics

That's why they're called a Scotch Pie down here, and just a pie in … That's why they're called a Scotch Pie down here, and just a pie in Scotland..... you're already in the place they originate from, so don't need to make the reference when advertising them.Shame they taste like crap down here and aren't a patch on the ones I normally bring back with me, same as (scotch) Irn Bru ......

Sorry but what are you reffering to as a scotch pie? they have mutton in them if i buy one in greggs or any bakery or a supermarket i ask for a scotch pie, if i asked for anything else i would get a funny look followed by "what type of pie"

Never heard of a scotch pie....

Lulu'sMammy

Never heard of a scotch pie....

You wouldn't have, somebody ate them all oO

Banned

DJ1

Yeah it's a Scotch sweet. I think they give it to their kids before they … Yeah it's a Scotch sweet. I think they give it to their kids before they take up the heroin. http://www.fizzshop.co.uk/

Wowsers

DLM

Wowsers

of all the posts in here I might have known it'd be you who picked up on the drug reference.

Banned

ants97

of all the posts in here I might have known it'd be you who picked up on … of all the posts in here I might have known it'd be you who picked up on the drug reference.

Today's your day to follow me round.

VB1 is having a day off.

I am so popular

DLM

Today's your day to follow me round.VB1 is having a day off.I am so … Today's your day to follow me round.VB1 is having a day off.I am so popular

yep so drugs do make the user paranoid.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Should Cyclists pay road tax and insurance?11
      2. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!1117
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5042509
      4. word association Game72944199

See more discussions