Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Just changed iPhone 8 Screen, doing weird stuff

Posted 23rd Nov
Hello, I just did a screen replacement on my own iphone 8 plus and I have recored a few videos of what it is doing... When the phone is completly closed the screen is black. However, when I open the phone as I was going to change the screen again, it actually work!! When I try to close it , I can see the images fade slowly... what is happening? can someone help me please?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Did it do this before you replaced the screen?
JumpMan198023/11/2019 20:49

Did it do this before you replaced the screen?

I do not think I did, i bought it second hand from a work colleague , the screen was dameged already. Can you please pm me?
youtu.be/bQv…Rg0

Guys, you can see the video of what is doing in that link. It is very strange...
You have a loose connection inside, possibly one of the ribbon connectors not in correctly.

When you close the screen you are pushing on the connector.

Re seat the connectors and try again.
Is this you iPhone 8 you were wanting to sell in your other thread?
hotukdeals.com/dis…371
Haircut_10023/11/2019 21:56

Is this you iPhone 8 you were wanting to sell in your other …Is this you iPhone 8 you were wanting to sell in your other thread?https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/upgrade-to-iphone-11-pro-max-3339371

NOo. I bought this one for my mum
markvirgo23/11/2019 21:51

You have a loose connection inside, possibly one of the ribbon connectors …You have a loose connection inside, possibly one of the ribbon connectors not in correctly. When you close the screen you are pushing on the connector. Re seat the connectors and try again.

markvirgo23/11/2019 21:51

You have a loose connection inside, possibly one of the ribbon connectors …You have a loose connection inside, possibly one of the ribbon connectors not in correctly. When you close the screen you are pushing on the connector. Re seat the connectors and try again.

39091483-vQirx.jpg
I_Mu23/11/2019 22:18

[Image]

39091495-HvRKz.jpg
So without that is working fine and trying to put it back I have put the long srcew in tje wrong place and cannot get it out!! Thanks for ur help
Yes as suggested might need to try reconnecting. However might also be something to do with the metal bit on the ribbon. Think it might be shorting or something. You may have to return the screen for a replacement. For every 10 or so I repair I've had to return one. They're hit and miss, some develop faults after a month or so.
I_Mu23/11/2019 22:19

[Image] So without that is working fine and trying to put it back I have …[Image] So without that is working fine and trying to put it back I have put the long srcew in tje wrong place and cannot get it out!! Thanks for ur help

Yes, that can cause problems, I've actually killed an iPhone doing that.
.MUFC.23/11/2019 22:28

Yes, that can cause problems, I've actually killed an iPhone doing that.

39091688-QAs9u.jpg
Managed to get it out. Can you please tell where does the longest screw goes? Thank you
All fixed now!! Thanks everyone
I_Mu23/11/2019 22:37

[Image] Managed to get it out. Can you please tell where does the longest …[Image] Managed to get it out. Can you please tell where does the longest screw goes? Thank you

I can't remember, I just remembered to keep them in order after that lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants