Groups

Just come back from hospital......

Lacerated one of my fingers quite badly yesterday morning,had to be admitted to hospital for operation,readjoining nerves and tendons.Kept in overnight for observation.Am now home with giant cast up to my elbow,just to protect my little finger.:oops:
    One handed typing for a while then:whistling:

33 Comments

I chopped the end of my thumb off yesterday Bazr. Took me an hour and a half and half a kitchen roll to stop the bleeding

Now the top of my thumb is completely flat and agony to touch anything

I was just chopping potatoes for a Spanish omelette and before I knew it there was a big chunk of my thumb on the chopping board. I still feel quesy thinking about it.

How did you lacerate your finger?

Sorry to hear that bazr...obviously pe match nerves worrying that the gunners would stick 7 on you!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery....so what were you doing that caused the accident?

Greg

I chopped the end of my thumb off yesterday Bazr. Took me an hour and a … I chopped the end of my thumb off yesterday Bazr. Took me an hour and a half and half a kitchen roll to stop the bleeding :(Now the top of my thumb is completely flat and agony to touch anything :(I was just chopping potatoes for a Spanish omelette and before I knew it there was a big chunk of my thumb on the chopping board. I still feel quesy thinking about it.How did you lacerate your finger?

OMG...I didn't know thumbs were part of the recipe for Spanish Omlette?..wishing you a speedy recovery as well Greg.

do you want to see a pic?
    My girlfriend is a nurse and even she almost passed out when she saw it

OMG...I didn't know thumbs were part of the recipe for Spanish … OMG...I didn't know thumbs were part of the recipe for Spanish Omlette?..wishing you a speedy recovery as well Greg.

lol. My mum asked if I added it to the omelette afterwoulds...

Very painful!!!!!! I hope you're taking painkillers.:-(

I was once cutting a piece of card wirh a very sharp knife and chopped off the end and side of my finger. I was in such a hurry to get my work finished, I picked up the severed digit with the card offcut and placed them in the bin before I realised what I had done. My left index finger is still flat at one side but no permanet damage.

Take care.:)

Wow bazr and Greg hope you both get well soon! I'm going to stay away from knives for a bit in case it's catching...

I'll not post any hot deals for knife sets today then!!!

emmajk42

I'll not post any hot deals for knife sets today then!!!

Gosh emma, you're all heart! :giggle:

Get well soon greg and bazr!

Ouch Reminds me of a time a woodworking chisel went right through one of my fingers to the bone lol
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Hope you're both healed up fast guys [/SIZE]

Original Poster

Thanks for the sympathy guys.By the sounds of it Greg your's might have been worse than mine.So have you now lost the use of the thumb end.I was washing a large glass vase,it slipped from my grasp,i tried to stop it from smashing and as i caught it,it smashed and dug deeply into my finger and severed the artery,tendons and nerve.

I would be careful in future Bazr! Could cost you an arm & a leg next time! :thumbsup: :whistling: :giggle:

on a serious note, hope all is well. ;-)

ouch get soon soon guys last year I put my hand through saftey glass and slit my wrist took 14 stitches.

bazr

Thanks for the sympathy guys.By the sounds of it Greg your's might have … Thanks for the sympathy guys.By the sounds of it Greg your's might have been worse than mine.So have you now lost the use of the thumb end.I was washing a large glass vase,it slipped from my grasp,i tried to stop it from smashing and as i caught it,it smashed and dug deeply into my finger and severed the artery,tendons and nerve.

Another great excuse I can use to get out of doing anything that could be remotely classed as housework :whistling:

Hope it gets better soon.

I cut the end of my finger off with a pair of scissors once. Hurt quite a bit, bleed loads. Stil got a scar / lump and can't reallt feel anything on the tip of my finger.

Original Poster

J.Dance

ouch get soon soon guys last year I put my hand through saftey glass and … ouch get soon soon guys last year I put my hand through saftey glass and slit my wrist took 14 stitches.

Some safety glass.:roll:

bazr

Some safety glass.:roll:

:-D Yes very good I now have no feeling in that arm

Ouch you have my sympathies:cry: A couple of years ago, my husband was sent home - 48 hours into a 2 week skiing trip. I tried to make him an easy to eat meal, by chopping everything really finely on a mandoline slicer, but ended up slicing the end off my finger. A friend took me to hospital, where the medic made me soak the 'wound' in iodine......What a pathetic pair we looked - one of us with left arm in a sling and the other with a huge comedy bandage on right arm!
    Get Well Soon :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Guess who has just snapped the repaired tendon in his finger.......yeah me.Rang the hospital and have to go back in the morning to see the surgeon and most likely have to have another op to repair.Just when everything was looking good with it.
    Gutted!!!:-(

Awwwwww bad luck bazr :-( hope it heals soon

as they say....break a leg! :giggle:

Sorry to hear the bad news....you should stop picking ur nose! http://www.smileyworld.com/dictionary/images/smileys/MoodHands/nose_picking.gif

bazr

Guess who has just snapped the repaired tendon in his finger.......yeah … Guess who has just snapped the repaired tendon in his finger.......yeah me.Rang the hospital and have to go back in the morning to see the surgeon and most likely have to have another op to repair.Just when everything was looking good with it. Gutted!!!:-(

How did you manage to do that :w00t:

Bad luck Bazr, hope it's not too painfull. :-(

My Mum chopped the top off her wedding ring finger by trapping it in the metal part of a pram hood that collapses.......Ouch.....

Ever since the nail grows over the top of her finger and down the back! :w00t:

Sounds horrid, but doesn't actually look that bad!

Oh no bazr, get well soon!

Was that the result of last night's penalty shoot out bazr??...sorry to hear about the relapse but pleased yus is through to give MU a hiding...well I hope so.

Original Poster

jelli89

How did you manage to do that :w00t:

Picking my nose.......nah,took the removable splint off to get washed and put my hand down flat....bingo,one snapped tendon.:-(

bazr

Picking my nose.......nah,took the removable splint off to get washed and … Picking my nose.......nah,took the removable splint off to get washed and put my hand down flat....bingo,one snapped tendon.:-(

Good luck for tomorrow and I hope you are feeling better soon.

This time when they repair it, give it time to heal!

Original Poster

currychops

Was that the result of last night's penalty shoot out bazr??...sorry to … Was that the result of last night's penalty shoot out bazr??...sorry to hear about the relapse but pleased yus is through to give MU a hiding...well I hope so.

Yeah,we can only hope.Would rather play them,than Reading though,we seem to do better against the bigger sides(no disrespect to Reading)

Original Poster

Back home and rerepaired.Must take more care this time,or the surgeon and the hospital staff will be none to happy with me.:roll:

Hope it heals soon Bazr....got any pics then :whistling:

Yeah keep your hand in a sling and not on your....oops ..I meant on your OH...hope it repairs successfully this time bazr.

Hope you're all healed soon. Take care :roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions