Groups

Just coughed up 130 quid for 3 books lol

Stupid uni textbooks

53 Comments

torrents is your friend, i am also ur friend, kiss me fatboyyyyyyyyyyy

i have never bought a book for uni at all.....

LOL bad times micoo, i have to pay £50 for 2 books so i guess its a bit cheaper than yours lol

:shock: Wow that is a cost I bet you could do without

they weren't in the library

during my four years at uni I only ever bought one book, photocopied a couple though!!

Original Poster

muffin247;6655147

lol i dont like ebooks would rather have the actual books even at the ridiculous price

muffin247;6655147

i lol'd :thumbsup:

you could have easily bought an xbox 360 for that much

Original Poster

hassony;6655162

they weren't in the libraryduring my four years at uni I only ever bought … they weren't in the libraryduring my four years at uni I only ever bought one book, photocopied a couple though!!

na, id been using the library ones but all the copies were booked out for months :x

gonna try n mooch most of it back off my parents :lol:

Original Poster

danny09;6655156

LOL bad times micoo, i have to pay £50 for 2 books so i guess its a bit … LOL bad times micoo, i have to pay £50 for 2 books so i guess its a bit cheaper than yours lol

:x

these are only for this semester too :lol:

you can always sell them once you finished with them anyway, so it won't be a total loss

What are you studying, we find a lot of course books on Amazon resell market.

Sell them on when your done it will help pay off your uni debts

micoo;6655193

:xthese are only for this semester too :lol:

only that semester :!: the 2 books i need are for my entire course :lol:!!!

never bought a book at uni, jus got out from libraries.

Got a 1st....

Original Poster

KazzyD;6655205

What are you studying, we find a lot of course books on Amazon resell … What are you studying, we find a lot of course books on Amazon resell market.

Accounting and Finance, looked on amazon and amazon marketplace, there was no particularly cheap options :cry:

Original Poster

danny09;6655218

only that semester :!: the 2 books i need are for my entire course … only that semester :!: the 2 books i need are for my entire course :lol:!!!

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i have to fork out over 100 quid ever semester for 4 years (might do a masters too) and thats only for essential course texts!!!!

I bought 1 book for uni, a recommended text in the first few weeks, but didn't bother buying any more.

micoo;6655222

Accounting and Finance, looked on amazon and amazon marketplace, there … Accounting and Finance, looked on amazon and amazon marketplace, there was no particularly cheap options :cry:

Oh well, at least you might be able to sell them on when you've finished and get some of your money back :thumbsup:

Original Poster

KazzyD;6655251

Oh well, at least you might be able to sell them on when you've finished … Oh well, at least you might be able to sell them on when you've finished and get some of your money back :thumbsup:

hopefully :lol:

KazzyD;6655205

What are you studying, we find a lot of course books on Amazon resell … What are you studying, we find a lot of course books on Amazon resell market.

+1 good advice tbf :thumbsup:

micoo;6655242

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!i have to fork out over 100 … ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!i have to fork out over 100 quid ever semester for 4 years (might do a masters too) and thats only for essential course texts!!!!

LOL!!!!! harsh £50 will cover me for my 2 years at college, then another 2 years doing my HND and then my 1 year at uni to get my ba hons haha

thevman2k3;6655219

never bought a book at uni, jus got out from libraries. Got a 1st....

ooh look at me i got a 1ST - you make me sick!! tbh

Original Poster

danny09;6655268

LOL!!!!! harsh £50 will cover me for my 2 years at college, then … LOL!!!!! harsh £50 will cover me for my 2 years at college, then another 2 years doing my HND and then my 1 year at uni to get my ba hons haha

5 years, of this and that will be over 1000 on books!!!!!! i will have a masters though :thumbsup:

Imt he same i had to pay £150 for my texts books and thats just for the first half of this year!!

Original Poster

shosie;6655286

Imt he same i had to pay £150 for my texts books and thats just for the … Imt he same i had to pay £150 for my texts books and thats just for the first half of this year!!

HI FIVE!!!!!! :lol:

what u study??

micoo;6655285

5 years, of this and that will be over 1000 on books!!!!!! i will have a … 5 years, of this and that will be over 1000 on books!!!!!! i will have a masters though :thumbsup:

thats if you do a masters lol im definitely doing my ba hons so thats good enough for me for the time being, may go back and do a masters in a few years though £1000 on books is a [SIZE="7"]BIT[/SIZE] steep lol

Charlie Scene;6655280

ooh look at me i got a 1ST - you make me sick!! tbh

lol, its called plagerism :roll:

micoo;6655293

HI FIVE!!!!!! :lol:what u study??

Biomedical science. Theres 4 texts books for second year, i bought 3 of m there all huge, got the last out the library dropped it and tore the fornt cover a bit and then accidetley ripped another page, i tihkn im as well setting it on fire and putting it on a self would last longer than another week with me tbh,. Im sitting in the libbrary just now lets hoope no one saww. What do you study?

Original Poster

danny09;6655306

thats if you do a masters lol im definitely doing my ba hons so thats … thats if you do a masters lol im definitely doing my ba hons so thats good enough for me for the time being, may go back and do a masters in a few years though £1000 on books is a [SIZE="7"]BIT[/SIZE] steep lol

i plan to do a masters, maybe try n get into oxford or cambridge for it, will need a 1st though, but i only need to average 70% for all exams in 3rd n 4th year to get tht so should be fine lol

Original Poster

shosie;6655318

Biomedical science. Theres 4 texts books for second year, i bought 3 of m … Biomedical science. Theres 4 texts books for second year, i bought 3 of m there all huge, got the last out the library dropped it and tore the fornt cover a bit and then accidetley ripped another page, i tihkn im as well setting it on fire and putting it on a self would last longer than another week with me tbh,. Im sitting in the libbrary just now lets hoope no one saww. What do you study?

accounting and finance :lol: i need 6 books for 2nd year, needed 7 last year :cry:

micoo;6655326

i plan to do a masters, maybe try n get into oxford or cambridge for it, … i plan to do a masters, maybe try n get into oxford or cambridge for it, will need a 1st though, but i only need to average 70% for all exams in 3rd n 4th year to get tht so should be fine lol

fair enough lol, if you do, go to Oxford, become a southerner like me ;-) lol party hard down south lol (i know Oxford isn't too far south but its not that north either lol)

shosie;6655318

Biomedical science. Theres 4 texts books for second year, i bought 3 of m … Biomedical science. Theres 4 texts books for second year, i bought 3 of m there all huge, got the last out the library dropped it and tore the fornt cover a bit and then accidetley ripped another page, i tihkn im as well setting it on fire and putting it on a self would last longer than another week with me tbh,. Im sitting in the libbrary just now lets hoope no one saww. What do you study?

give me a shout when you finish your course, I'll get you a job at Thermofisher scientific

micoo;6655335

accounting and finance :lol: i need 6 books for 2nd year, needed 7 last … accounting and finance :lol: i need 6 books for 2nd year, needed 7 last year :cry:

Ill need another three for sem B. No wonder students are skint all year. One of my mates in 3rd year needed to pay £30 for a report for a 30 min exam

hassony;6655338

give me a shout when you finish your course, I'll get you a job at … give me a shout when you finish your course, I'll get you a job at Thermofisher scientific

Got three years yet, so if your still there then i most certainly will.

micoo;6655326

i plan to do a masters, maybe try n get into oxford or cambridge for it, … i plan to do a masters, maybe try n get into oxford or cambridge for it, will need a 1st though, but i only need to average 70% for all exams in 3rd n 4th year to get tht so should be fine lol

you're gonna mooch all that off your parents too aintcha :-D

micoo;6655168

Stupid uni textbooks

You paid £130 for 3 books and you said this?

I know I dont know you but I dont think its the books that are stupid :-D

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6655553

you're gonna mooch all that off your parents too aintcha :-D

most definately :lol: although if i did a masters in scotlnd i wouldnt have to pay for tuition fees

micoo;6655738

most definately :lol: although if i did a masters in scotlnd i wouldnt … most definately :lol: although if i did a masters in scotlnd i wouldnt have to pay for tuition fees

i am a master at being a bum, if u need tips let me know:)

micoo;6655168

lol i dont like ebooks would rather have the actual books even at the … lol i dont like ebooks would rather have the actual books even at the ridiculous price

agreed...plus its hard to find them i usually find!
    hassony;6655200

you can always sell them once you finished with them anyway, so it won't … you can always sell them once you finished with them anyway, so it won't be a total loss

Well that depends...im doing law and if a new edition has been released since you bought it and trying to sell it then its near enough a lost cause!

My books average £30-45 each...so i feel your pain micoo.
    But then this year i have to buy 6 textbooks and ideally at least 4 statute books...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tradesmen battery power tools.22
      2. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?23
      3. Flights only Dominican Republic33
      4. Buy back on Euros to £££34

See more discussions