Just finished the last of us part 2. (non spoilers)

Posted 22nd Jun 2020
Hey all.

Finished this game last night, I managed to avoid all spoilers and leaks and man what a rollercoaster of a ride. loved it!

it was only now when I looked up the game I've noticed its being review bombed by 'users'. I have no idea why they are hating on the game, the graphics are stunning, the gameplay is brutal, and the story is decent. its certainly not a 0 or 1/10 game, even if you hate the story you can't deny the stunning graphics and gameplay.

Brutal, enjoyable game. Highly reccomend you buy and play it - ignore the review bombing.
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
The review bombing is great, will lead to a rapid price drop..
jimhuf22/06/2020 07:56

The review bombing is great, will lead to a rapid price drop..

I bought it for around £44 and would say its worth every penny, especially if you've managed to avoid the leaks and spoilers.
CaptainZero22/06/2020 07:56

I bought it for around £44 and would say its worth every penny, especially …I bought it for around £44 and would say its worth every penny, especially if you've managed to avoid the leaks and spoilers.

Im currently just working my way through the first one, so no rush, i expect ill grab it when it hits £15.
I know many Lou fans hate it as the story isn’t that good. won’t spoil anything
Justsuperman22/06/2020 08:10

I know many Lou fans hate it as the story isn’t that good. won’t spoil any …I know many Lou fans hate it as the story isn’t that good. won’t spoil anything

I'm a fan of Lou, and I enjoyed it.

But even if you hated the story, a 0 or 1/10 rating when the gameplay is superb and the graphics are stunning is unfair. Also 0 bugs/glitches.
CaptainZero22/06/2020 08:13

I'm a fan of Lou, and I enjoyed it.But even if you hated the story, a 0 or …I'm a fan of Lou, and I enjoyed it.But even if you hated the story, a 0 or 1/10 rating when the gameplay is superb and the graphics are stunning is unfair. Also 0 bugs/glitches.

My mate hates it I seen the leaks about the story for me and ngl it goes everything against the 1st game. But everyone is allowed to enjoy or dislike
Justsuperman22/06/2020 08:22

My mate hates it I seen the leaks about the story for me and ngl it goes …My mate hates it I seen the leaks about the story for me and ngl it goes everything against the 1st game. But everyone is allowed to enjoy or dislike

Well... it doesn't but like you say each to their own
jimhuf22/06/2020 08:06

Im currently just working my way through the first one, so no rush, i …Im currently just working my way through the first one, so no rush, i expect ill grab it when it hits £15.

That may be a while.
Games like TLOU and Red Dead tend to hold their value ( high sell price) for a while because of companies

I'm also playing my way through the first TLOU again on Survivor. Brings back soo many good memories.
The graphics are stunning but tbh most ppl care about the gameplay and narrative. The Lou had one of the best stories with great dialogue and subplots. It actually made me emotional. But then to see the spoilers for the second Lou and the direction the went in was horrifying. The gameplay looks the same as the first game and it's been like 7 years +. Overall whilst it doesn't deserve a 3 it certainly doesn't deserve a 9. It's probably somewhere inbetween which for a game as hyped as the Lou isn't really good enough unfortunately.
A_H202022/06/2020 09:01

The graphics are stunning but tbh most ppl care about the gameplay and …The graphics are stunning but tbh most ppl care about the gameplay and narrative. The Lou had one of the best stories with great dialogue and subplots. It actually made me emotional. But then to see the spoilers for the second Lou and the direction the went in was horrifying. The gameplay looks the same as the first game and it's been like 7 years +. Overall whilst it doesn't deserve a 3 it certainly doesn't deserve a 9. It's probably somewhere inbetween which for a game as hyped as the Lou isn't really good enough unfortunately.

The gameplay is amazing. The stealth kills are brutal, using shotguns blows peoples legs off as they scream in pain, enemies shout real names when they find their friends dead in horror etc.

Its genuinely amazing and one of the most brutal games I've ever played. And there's dogs...
CaptainZero22/06/2020 09:03

The gameplay is amazing. The stealth kills are brutal, using shotguns …The gameplay is amazing. The stealth kills are brutal, using shotguns blows peoples legs off as they scream in pain, enemies shout real names when they find their friends dead in horror etc.Its genuinely amazing and one of the most brutal games I've ever played. And there's dogs...

that was tbh expected by a company called naughty dogs 😁
Those are extra details which are great but the core gameplay hasn't really changed which I understand don't change something that isn't broken. But like I said if you had 7 years+ to develop this under the WONDERFUL NEIL DRUCKEMANN then there shouldve been more gameplay elements implemented.

Anyways I'm happy that you enjoyed it but I believe this wouldve been better off being a spin off or something.
A_H202022/06/2020 09:09

that was tbh expected by a company called naughty dogs 😁Those are … that was tbh expected by a company called naughty dogs 😁Those are extra details which are great but the core gameplay hasn't really changed which I understand don't change something that isn't broken. But like I said if you had 7 years+ to develop this under the WONDERFUL NEIL DRUCKEMANN then there shouldve been more gameplay elements implemented. Anyways I'm happy that you enjoyed it but I believe this wouldve been better off being a spin off or something.

Personally I can't wait to buy a remastered Ps5 version if it comes! Native 4K and 60fps... one can dream.
i am seeing more of the negativity towards the storyline...
rimz79022/06/2020 09:21

i am seeing more of the negativity towards the storyline...

It's likely not everyone's cup of tea but some of the reasons people are saying why they don't like the story is absurd.

There's tonnes of huge hate towards using LGBTQ characters for a start, which is just wrong.
i stopped playing part 1 after 15min.
couldnt get into it.
CaptainZero22/06/2020 09:23

It's likely not everyone's cup of tea but some of the reasons people are …It's likely not everyone's cup of tea but some of the reasons people are saying why they don't like the story is absurd.There's tonnes of huge hate towards using LGBTQ characters for a start, which is just wrong.

the first one had lgbt+ characters in which was a good thing, but the second one "Uses" lgbt+ characters, really violently, and anything that normalises violence towards lgbt+ people is abhorrently bad.
Aside from that a lot of people have been disappointed that the characters have just been taken in new directions to such an extent that it felt unnatural that the characters in the original game would behave so differently in the sequel.
Post a comment
@
    Text