Groups

Just finished watching No Country For Old Men...

...what the hell was that all about?!! Anyone care to explain?

16 Comments

Can I pretend to care but not explain?

Original Poster

That movie is weirder than you AF! Where've you been? Missed ya!

I hate No Country For Old Men. I saw that and There Will Be Blood within a week or so of each other when they came out year before last, and they killed my interest in cinema. Seriously, with my Cineworld card, I was sometimes seeing five or six films a week up until them two. I haven't seen that many films since. I don't think I've ever been so bored. It felt like torture. I think they psycologically damaged me.

What No Country's about, though? I think it's supposed to be an artistic metaphor for the inescapable encroachment of death.

ei8hty5ive

That movie is weirder than you AF! Where've you been? Missed ya!

I have been busy. Secret business.

I'm not weird!

Original Poster

I actually thought it was quite interesting until the end, then interest changed to confusion and angermentation (so angry that a new word had to be created!)

Original Poster

angelfairee

I have been busy. Secret business.I'm not weird!

Intriguing! Need any help at all? I'm a bit of a business whizz myself ya know!

ei8hty5ive

Intriguing! Need any help at all? I'm a bit of a business whizz myself ya … Intriguing! Need any help at all? I'm a bit of a business whizz myself ya know!

Top secret! Going to bed now, night!

The ending is not good, the movie just stops.

Original Poster

bigflump

I know! Like wtf! And what was tommy lee jones talking about at the end? The ending let the whole film down.

he was talking about a dream he kept having about his dad and smurfs or somet. good film.

Original Poster

splatsplatsplat

he was talking about a dream he kept having about his dad and smurfs or … he was talking about a dream he kept having about his dad and smurfs or somet. good film.

Might as well been about smurfs, would have made just as much sense! I thought it was a good film too...until the ending. There was just no closure!

Banned

yeah, the end is like they run out of budget or the actors walked off the set. Great film for the first 3/4s

The ending is brilliant in No Country For Old Men. Here an explanation from imdb.

Or they just kept the same ending from the book it was based on.

csiman

yeah, the end is like they run out of budget or the actors walked off the … yeah, the end is like they run out of budget or the actors walked off the set. Great film for the first 3/4s

bigflump

That what is so good about the ending is that it doesn'y play to genre expectations and allows the viewer to questions to what happens.

Banned

dananana

The ending is brilliant in No Country For Old Men. Here an explanation … The ending is brilliant in No Country For Old Men. Here an explanation from imdb. Or they just kept the same ending from the book it was based on.That what is so good about the ending is that it doesn'y play to genre expectations and allows the viewer to questions to what happens.

each to their own. Personally, I prefer my films to show me an ending, not for me to make one up myself

Banned

Absolutely outstanding movie from the Coen Brothers as per usual.

You've got it wrong friendy!

master_chief

Absolutely outstanding movie from the Coen Brothers as per usual.You've … Absolutely outstanding movie from the Coen Brothers as per usual.You've got it wrong friendy!

Well said, its surprising how many people need stories to have a nice neat ending, life isn't like that and cinema should attempt to reflect that

The film is very loyal to the book and the ending is that in the book so.........
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …88150
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30115
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764501
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226

See more discussions