Just for a laugh, a few pics of my PC.

14 replies
Found 15th Jul 2009
Right, the story behind this is I said a few years ago in passing that I might make a wooden PC. Cue loads of mocking etc.... A few months ago the subject resurfaced and I was talking about it with my brother in law. He said there was no way I would actually do it, so I did it. He thinks my 'creation' is well funny but what the hell, it stays nice and cool and doesn't randomly reboot all the time like it did in a metal case. A work in progress, obviously :-p

1. Misc
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PC
14 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.shengis.net/hukdpics/jpc1.jpg

http://www.shengis.net/hukdpics/jpc2.jpg

I got wood.

all out of wood? a wooden monitor too?

Original Poster

bellabonkers;5761992

all out of wood? a wooden monitor too?

I don't generally use a monitor with it as I control it remotely. I did try to fit one behind the perspex but couldn't make a workable layout to fit everything else in.

It looks very good Shengis
you need to just plumb in a few taps now :thumbsup:
check out this one englishrussia.com/?p=…547

Damn, how many hard drives you got? No wonder you need 4 PSUs!!

sancho1983;5762135

Damn, how many hard drives you got? No wonder you need 4 PSUs!!

500mb each

Get a Drobo!

Also - is that a chipped Xbox I can see ? :P

I have looked at it for a bit now and i am thinking you converted it from a drinks cabinet or a stereo cabinet. It looks like some fancy veneer wood too. Am i right?

you a steampunk? :w00t:
no offence but it looks.... just wrong.

Original Poster

[email protected];5762205

500mb each :)Get a Drobo!

1TB ;-) Damn things running 4 4 port Sata cards.

[email protected];5762208

Also - is that a chipped Xbox I can see ? :P

Softmodded. I broke the case off the IR reciever as I found the angle too restrictive.

kaits;5762217

I have looked at it for a bit now and i am thinking you converted it from … I have looked at it for a bit now and i am thinking you converted it from a drinks cabinet or a stereo cabinet. It looks like some fancy veneer wood too. Am i right?

Close, it's an ex wall mounted jukebox (Regency). I was originally going to build something from scratch but decided to take the easy (aka cheap) route. That Russian one is mental btw :lol:

I was waiting for you to say that you went to turn it on ....

but it 'wooden' work!

Shengis;5762248

1TB ;-) Damn things running 4 4 port Sata cards.

you been downloadng the internetz?

Shengis;5762248

Close, it's an ex wall mounted jukebox (Regency). I was originally going … Close, it's an ex wall mounted jukebox (Regency). I was originally going to build something from scratch but decided to take the easy (aka cheap) route. That Russian one is mental btw :lol:

I wanted to show you a Captain Nemo themed modded box but i am having no luck in finding it at the moment. It was superbly crafted in wood and brass effect. So now you have an open source record player ...:-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4075
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769478
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2455
    4. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604812

See more discussions