Groups

Just found a 1983 launch 1 pound coin!

Yep, just found a pound coin in the garden, cleaned and polished it up and its a 1983 one!

Now just as shiney as the day it was made... 28 years ago!!!!

21 Comments

Original Poster

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/917/imagecxs.jpg
    Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 7th Apr 2011

wow - got to be worth £1.00

Banned

DAMNOME

wow - got to be worth £1.00

At most.

what it worth now ? in 1983 probably would have bought me a gallon of petrol oO

Banned

I'm sure I have these on a daily basis?

Are old Bank of England notes worthless?
    No; all Bank of England notes retain their face value for all time. If your local bank, building society or Post Office is not willing to accept these notes then they can be exchanged with the Bank of England in London. For more information on how to exchange Bank of England banknotes that have been withdrawn from circulation see the exchanging banknotes page

jumbo one pound coin!!!

28 years omg

i have 83 84 85, 90 92 95 06

Wow that's older than me

I'll give you 99p for it.

28 yrs oO..............Should do your garden more often !
    Edited by: "shopstilldrops" 7th Apr 2011

Lolz at the replies!

Banned

DangerGod

I'm sure I have these on a daily basis?

+1

lol at op all excited over nothing

Hi, I am an African general and have £35,000,000 of 1985 pound coins, if you send me your bank details I will send the monies to you.

Cool thread.

Maybe start an exclusive club?

Banned

never clean or polish coins you find , doing so devalues them and could cause damage, they are worth more with the original patina

goldmax

never clean or polish coins you find , doing so devalues them and could … never clean or polish coins you find , doing so devalues them and could cause damage, they are worth more with the original patina

So he's devalued his pound coin? Bummer!

Banned

thesaint

So he's devalued his pound coin? Bummer!

pound coin or gold guinea..........never polish them

goldmax

pound coin or gold guinea..........never polish them

Since you didn't answer my question, I take that his pound coin is worth £1. Thanks.

kareandy

what it worth now ? in 1983 probably would have bought me a gallon of … what it worth now ? in 1983 probably would have bought me a gallon of petrol oO

nearly...i passed my test in 1980 and it was £1.30 a gallon if i remember correctly.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Tower Hill - Explosion reported..44
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767500
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886407
    4. Bearded chat1224

See more discussions