Groups

Just got 42" toshiba 1080i telly with 5yr warranty for £490- but now questioning it - is this a good deal??

Just got 42" toshiba 1080i telly with 5yr warranty for £490 - but now questioning whether it worth the money - is this a good deal?????? Its the 42av55db which is elsewhere for less than £500, but the 5 yr warranty swung it at the time...HELP!!!

15 Comments

excellent deal, one of the very best on the market, bar none.
    you have a major telly there.

good deal ... where from?

snowtiger;3652439

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

snowtiger;3652439

mbgringo;3652473

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

probably empire direct, I bought one aswell, £590 with 10% discount. 1080p 42'', the biz

fatabelly;3652509

Not a good deal at all really … Not a good deal at all really IMO.....sorryhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/288061/toshiba-42xv555-42-hd-1080p-tv-556-/

not that one, its from empire direct but expired now:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks to everyone thats replied :thumbsup: - bit of a dunce when it comes to this kind of stuff! :roll: i got the telly from Empire Direct with their free 5 yr warranty

Original Poster

didnt mind the 1080p too much - just wanted a big telly for xmas, from a decent brand that can handle the ps3 and keep the missus of my back (atleast for a bit anyway!:-D)...plus with my luck with electrics im banking on that warranty bigtime!! :whistling:

Don't think you can complain about the price with a 5 year warranty. That alone would normally cost £150 to £200.
    Sounds like you got a good deal.

Just wait for all the 1080p fan boys to come along though......

Original Poster

I'm just happy this deal is o.k.! I think it still round on the empire direct site for £520 + £20p&p for anyone still thinking of getting it with the 5yr warranty but not sure if the new 10% code working on it (i think it preoder at the mo so may have to wait for it to come back in stock??? but not sure!!!!) anywhoo, thanks to all of you have replied - much appreciated! Thanks!!!!!

Banned

fatabelly;3652509

Not a good deal at all really … Not a good deal at all really IMO.....sorryhttp://www.hotukdeals.com/item/288061/toshiba-42xv555-42-hd-1080p-tv-556-/

You buy from DIXONS ! And say a TV with a 5 year Gtee isn't a good deal? lol
    Dixons Gtee doesn't even last till you get home!

Pluun;3653365

You buy from DIXONS ! And say a TV with a 5 year Gtee isn't a good deal? … You buy from DIXONS ! And say a TV with a 5 year Gtee isn't a good deal? lolDixons Gtee doesn't even last till you get home!

There's also bad reports about Empire's guarantee.....worth the research :whistling:

Banned

fatabelly;3653806

There's also bad reports about Empire's guarantee.....worth the research … There's also bad reports about Empire's guarantee.....worth the research :whistling:

The post didn't mention Empire but I know what you mean.
    I don't even look at their stuff since they got my attention with one of their regular "misspriced items".:oops:

jasonrat;3652900

here i come]just got this delivered from m+s for £474 and a five year … here i come]just got this delivered from m+s for £474 and a five year guaranteeu saved about £250 on the telly so consider it a deal

How did you get that TV for £474 ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2458
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?24104
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 8912
      4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2849

See more discussions