Groups

just got a new car would i have to get diffrent tyres if

i wanted to put alloys on it ?
    thanks

23 Comments

No as long as the alloys are the same size as your current wheels ie 14, 15 or 16 inch etc - there's some good deals out there which include tyres so worth shopping around.

Original Poster

Barrrgainhunter;7420136

No as long as the alloys are the same size as your current wheels ie 14, … No as long as the alloys are the same size as your current wheels ie 14, 15 or 16 inch etc - there's some good deals out there which include tyres so worth shopping around.

yeah thanks i saw some with the tyres for a good price but i feell it would be a waste with the other 4 tyres as 2 are new could i perhaps sell them

Original Poster

v2drinkers;7420140

Only if you get different size alloys from the steels you have.You do … Only if you get different size alloys from the steels you have.You do have to inform your insurance company though!

how much do you think the insurance would go up?

tonico;7420183

dont tell em , if something does happen keep your old wheels

Barrrgainhunter;7420136

No as long as the alloys are the same size as your current wheels ie 14, … No as long as the alloys are the same size as your current wheels ie 14, 15 or 16 inch etc - there's some good deals out there which include tyres so worth shopping around.

Wrong. They are can be 16" but require low profile tires which are expensive.

Original Poster

i think my wheels are 15 inch

tonico;7420227

i think my wheels are 15 inch

What car is it? You'd probably want bigger alloys.

MarzBarz;7420201

Bad advice, that could leave the OP without valid insurance and all of the serious consequences that entails.

Original Poster

MarzBarz;7420233

What car is it? You'd probably want bigger alloys.

a corsa life mate the new shape

tonico;7420276

If its a new car you might as well declare the alloys. I do not have a clue about about which alloys suit the new corsa.

Original Poster

MarzBarz;7420290

If its a new car you might as well declare the alloys. I do not have a … If its a new car you might as well declare the alloys. I do not have a clue about about which alloys suit the new corsa.

ok no probs mate thanks rep left

tonico;7420276

lol.

Original Poster

black gerbil1;7420328

lol.

mate get a life and get off this site your a pure bam

black gerbil1;7420328

lol.

It's a car, no?

Try and get some OEM alloys if you can - the majority of aftermarket alloys available for such cars scream pure chav.

Original Poster

AberBargoed;7420392

It's a car, no?Try and get some OEM alloys if you can - the majority of … It's a car, no?Try and get some OEM alloys if you can - the majority of aftermarket alloys available for such cars scream pure chav.

yeah i will have a look for them mate i dont want it to look chavy i just want it to look smart the wheels are the only things i am going to change

tonico;7420472

yeah i will have a look for them mate i dont want it to look chavy i just … yeah i will have a look for them mate i dont want it to look chavy i just want it to look smart the wheels are the only things i am going to change

Good idea, some of the ones available in Halfrauds are hideous. Well worth checking fleabay for a used pair, will be much cheaper and should be plentiful. Currently looking for a set for my BMW.

tonico;7420360

mate get a life and get off this site your a pure bam

a set of alloys for a corsa just scream 17year old virgin. Unless your going for stock alloys in which case its fine.

black gerbil1;7420603

a set of alloys for a corsa just scream 17year old virgin. Unless your … a set of alloys for a corsa just scream 17year old virgin. Unless your going for stock alloys in which case its fine.

Who are you? The 'trend' setter?

Go find yourself some decent clothes.

MarzBarz;7420201

MarzBarz;7420216

Wrong. They are can be 16" but require low profile tires which are … Wrong. They are can be 16" but require low profile tires which are expensive.

Consecutive fails:thumbsup:

Shengis;7420740

Consecutive fails:thumbsup:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9158/tomcruise.jpg

tonico;7420183

My insurance co, added £30 to the annual premium when I upgraded my alloys to 19" prodrives, kept the old ones, which I put winter tyres on and use from October to march ish.

dcx_badass;7420908

Brum brum.

That says it all about BG1.

MarzBarz;7420201

As others have said this is very bad advice - not informing the insurance company of any changes can make the policy invalid, obviously the insurance companies want to wriggle out of paying for a claim wherever possible. If the car is crashed it's highly unlikely it's going to be possible to swap the wheels back.

As for different tyres, alloy wheels tend to be larger than the original steel wheels (depending on model) which does unfortunately mean new tyres as well.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1756
      2. Charles Wilson Voucher11
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767292
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1629

See more discussions