Groups

Just got a nice letter through from H&M customs

Opened up a letter, one of those where your not quite sure where its from so you have that kind of oh god who is this moment but it was a cheque for £647.02 which i overpaid in tax last year, how lovely!!! :-) i find that really quick as we are only in june, has anyone else had anything through from them, last year i sent off my thing and only heard back from them after about 3 months!!

12 Comments

Yes I also got a lovely rebate back last month for just over £800:)

no, but now you guys are getting them i want one!

do you do self assement tax returns?

Nice to read someone having good news for a change! Enjoy spending it

fireexit;8899934

do you do self assement tax returns?

I have a business but I have an accountant who is very good - but we had a different accountant this year as usual one away on a 3 month honeymoon! First time we have had a big sum back - but very happy :-D

If you want a REAL refund, this from HMRS is ***** (hmrcisshite.blogspot.com/)

"Elizabeth Jenkins, 86, from Bournemouth, told a national Sunday newspaper she phoned HM Revenue and Customs after spotting they had taken £33 from her account incorrectly.

They promised a refund, but when, six months later, she had still not received it, she called again to chase up the matter.

Elizabeth was told that a cheque had been sent – and cashed – but records showed it had been sent to the wrong person at the wrong address.

Officials promised to send another cheque, but the widowed mum-of-two was left stunned when it eventually arrived on her doormat – because it was made out for £1,511,533.80.

Retired civil servant Elizabeth hasn't cashed it, but said she was still waiting for the right amount.

She said: 'I'm sure that if the roles were reversed and I had owed them money for over a year I'd probably be in jail now.

They would hound me and hound me until I paid it back. So I’m going to hound them.'

An HMRC spokesman said: 'We handle huge numbers of tax repayments and unfortunately things sometimes go wrong.

When they do we apologise and sort things out as quickly as possible.' "

steve1221;8899957

If you want a REAL refund, this from HMRS is ***** … If you want a REAL refund, this from HMRS is ***** (http://hmrcisshite.blogspot.com/)"Elizabeth Jenkins, 86, from Bournemouth, told a national Sunday newspaper she phoned HM Revenue and Customs after spotting they had taken £33 from her account incorrectly.They promised a refund, but when, six months later, she had still not received it, she called again to chase up the matter.Elizabeth was told that a cheque had been sent – and cashed – but records showed it had been sent to the wrong person at the wrong address.Officials promised to send another cheque, but the widowed mum-of-two was left stunned when it eventually arrived on her doormat – because it was made out for £1,511,533.80.Retired civil servant Elizabeth hasn't cashed it, but said she was still waiting for the right amount.She said: 'I'm sure that if the roles were reversed and I had owed them money for over a year I'd probably be in jail now.They would hound me and hound me until I paid it back. So I’m going to hound them.'An HMRC spokesman said: 'We handle huge numbers of tax repayments and unfortunately things sometimes go wrong.When they do we apologise and sort things out as quickly as possible.' "

WOW:w00t: Ooohhh imagine getting a cheque for that amount!!!!!!

bossyboots;8899994

WOW:w00t: Ooohhh imagine getting a cheque for that amount!!!!!!

Personally, I'd have banked it and let it gain interest until they asked for it back.

We got a £2400 payment last month for under paid child tax credits from last year. These cut backs are really hitting me hard :-)

TUSSFC;8900262

We got a £2400 payment last month for under paid child tax credits from … We got a £2400 payment last month for under paid child tax credits from last year. These cut backs are really hitting me hard :-)

wow - a lot of money to have been underpaid in the first place. I dont get anything like that now, but years ago it was a godsend and your rebate would equate to a monthly shortfall of around £180 a month. A lot of money to have been missing out on each month

Banned

bossyboots;8902827

wow - a lot of money to have been underpaid in the first place. I dont … wow - a lot of money to have been underpaid in the first place. I dont get anything like that now, but years ago it was a godsend and your rebate would equate to a monthly shortfall of around £180 a month. A lot of money to have been missing out on each month

Ive been getting £1000 -£1400 a year back from tax credits to cover their shortfall! Yes its a lot to be missing out on each month, but it sure is nice to have the lump sum to pay for an hol etc

TUSSFC;8900262

We got a £2400 payment last month for under paid child tax credits from … We got a £2400 payment last month for under paid child tax credits from last year. These cut backs are really hitting me hard :-)

eeep, i hope they don't ask for it back!! i'm realy wary of tax credits :?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions