Just got Kodi now what?

Found 13th Aug 2017
Hello I have just got Kodi and a fire stick.

I wanted to ask what do people recommend for Live TV channels.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
26 Comments
How much is the Kodi box, and where did you buy it? Looking for a recommendation I, should give this a try too
There's no such thing as a kodi box, kodi is free software, it's not a physical item and this is a deals site, not a how to steal live tv site.
Google it mate, plenty of guides available
Depending on your isp you may need a vpn as most of the illegal streaming is blocked
dcx_badass32 m ago

There's no such thing as a kodi box, kodi is free software, it's not a …There's no such thing as a kodi box, kodi is free software, it's not a physical item and this is a deals site, not a how to steal live tv site.

And yet you use this deals site to post general discussions also....
There are tons of videos on Youtube on setting up your Kodi. I'm currently using the 'best build to ever exist for 17.3'.

It installs everything for you, once you do the setup bit.

It's visually impressive with multiple backgrounds, but a lot of it doesn't actually work for me. So I'm going to start from a fresh copy of 17.3 and install certain providers like Exodus which seems to be the most reliable.
Bigfootpete42 m ago

There are tons of videos on Youtube on setting up your Kodi. I'm currently …There are tons of videos on Youtube on setting up your Kodi. I'm currently using the 'best build to ever exist for 17.3'.It installs everything for you, once you do the setup bit.It's visually impressive with multiple backgrounds, but a lot of it doesn't actually work for me. So I'm going to start from a fresh copy of 17.3 and install certain providers like Exodus which seems to be the most reliable.

Loads of providers are going dark for uk users now without a vpn so rebuilding it could be a waste of time you'd be better hiding all traffic behind a vpn
Dannyrobbo2 h, 56 m ago

Loads of providers are going dark for uk users now without a vpn so …Loads of providers are going dark for uk users now without a vpn so rebuilding it could be a waste of time you'd be better hiding all traffic behind a vpn

Is that just a matter of downloading an app from the play store and ensuring that is running before I open Kodi?

I use Shadowsocks on my tablet, although that tends to stop things working unless I turn it off and then kick off a download before turning it back on.
go direct to kodi, do not use a 3rd party app
Bigfootpete3 h, 34 m ago

Is that just a matter of downloading an app from the play store and …Is that just a matter of downloading an app from the play store and ensuring that is running before I open Kodi?I use Shadowsocks on my tablet, although that tends to stop things working unless I turn it off and then kick off a download before turning it back on.

Its not so simple of the Fire tv stick to run a vpn, but pretty much on regular android it would be. I pay a fiver a month for mine. Here's some info about getting vpn running on a fire stick Vpn link
Dannyrobbo1 h, 53 m ago

Its not so simple of the Fire tv stick to run a vpn, but pretty much on …Its not so simple of the Fire tv stick to run a vpn, but pretty much on regular android it would be. I pay a fiver a month for mine. Here's some info about getting vpn running on a fire stick Vpn link

Which VPN do you use
Dannyrobbo17 h, 49 m ago

Loads of providers are going dark for uk users now without a vpn so …Loads of providers are going dark for uk users now without a vpn so rebuilding it could be a waste of time you'd be better hiding all traffic behind a vpn

I'm with sky and never had any problems with any of the main providers

I find pulse build to be the best and use exodus to download my media as prefer that to streaming
Dannyrobbo11 h, 21 m ago

Its not so simple of the Fire tv stick to run a vpn, but pretty much on …Its not so simple of the Fire tv stick to run a vpn, but pretty much on regular android it would be. I pay a fiver a month for mine. Here's some info about getting vpn running on a fire stick Vpn link

This is why I would always recommend an android box over a firestick. Everything is such a hassle on the firestick and bewilders me why people ever recommend them for kodi use.
Edited by: "chocci" 15th Aug 2017
chocci4 h, 47 m ago

I'm with sky and never had any problems with any of the main providers I …I'm with sky and never had any problems with any of the main providers I find pulse build to be the best and use exodus to download my media as prefer that to streaming

in the coming months you will start to lose them. Especially for the premier league as they have new powers to stop streaming sites and with Lodi getting more attention I've no doubt they will start to fall.

as to the fire stick being recommended for normal use there's not really much better for price and build quality. You can get them on offer from time to time for about 25 quid with a remote. But yeah I totally agree for anything other than the basic stuff it's tough to work with.
Dannyrobbo9 m ago

in the coming months you will start to lose them. Especially for the …in the coming months you will start to lose them. Especially for the premier league as they have new powers to stop streaming sites and with Lodi getting more attention I've no doubt they will start to fall.as to the fire stick being recommended for normal use there's not really much better for price and build quality. You can get them on offer from time to time for about 25 quid with a remote. But yeah I totally agree for anything other than the basic stuff it's tough to work with.

Dannyrobbo9 m ago

in the coming months you will start to lose them. Especially for the …in the coming months you will start to lose them. Especially for the premier league as they have new powers to stop streaming sites and with Lodi getting more attention I've no doubt they will start to fall.as to the fire stick being recommended for normal use there's not really much better for price and build quality. You can get them on offer from time to time for about 25 quid with a remote. But yeah I totally agree for anything other than the basic stuff it's tough to work with.

Always found the football streams pretty crap anyway (paid IPTV is awesome though). Hopefully, exodus / specto etc will be ok.
chocci37 m ago

Always found the football streams pretty crap anyway (paid IPTV is awesome …Always found the football streams pretty crap anyway (paid IPTV is awesome though). Hopefully, exodus / specto etc will be ok.

Can I ask which IPTV do you use? And how much is it per month?

Thanks
chocci49 m ago

Always found the football streams pretty crap anyway (paid IPTV is awesome …Always found the football streams pretty crap anyway (paid IPTV is awesome though). Hopefully, exodus / specto etc will be ok.

I do the same thing for the 3pm games free is always dodgy. If they go blank get a vpn and it'll be fine. Let's hope they don't go after the iptv stuff next after taking down the sky card sharing.
MarioMan33 m ago

Can I ask which IPTV do you use? And how much is it per month? Thanks

sportsmania £50 per year
Dannyrobbo4 h, 37 m ago

You can get tons of amlogic s905x based boxes with 2gb ram for £25-30. Put libreelec on it and you'll blow away anything this side of £100+ with ease. Can even connect a USB dvd (or apparently blu-ray with a little work) and use it as a fully fledged media centre for retail content.
dcx_badass2 h, 29 m ago

You can get tons of amlogic s905x based boxes with 2gb ram for £25-30. Put …You can get tons of amlogic s905x based boxes with 2gb ram for £25-30. Put libreelec on it and you'll blow away anything this side of £100+ with ease. Can even connect a USB dvd (or apparently blu-ray with a little work) and use it as a fully fledged media centre for retail content.

You can get it for about £40 quid not sure where you can buy it for the quoted £25/30 is be interested if you have a link for that price. It's a capable machine but still not as available as a fire stick which is why they are so popular
Dannyrobbo53 m ago

You can get it for about £40 quid not sure where you can buy it for the …You can get it for about £40 quid not sure where you can buy it for the quoted £25/30 is be interested if you have a link for that price. It's a capable machine but still not as available as a fire stick which is why they are so popular

You're on a deals site, go look, there was one posted in the last few days. I'm not sure what you mean by not as available, maybe you can't walk into Tesco and get one but amazon etc are fill of them. It's considerably more powerful, more capable and overall a significantly better experience.
dcx_badass2 h, 8 m ago

You're on a deals site, go look, there was one posted in the last few …You're on a deals site, go look, there was one posted in the last few days. I'm not sure what you mean by not as available, maybe you can't walk into Tesco and get one but amazon etc are fill of them. It's considerably more powerful, more capable and overall a significantly better experience.

Yeah 30 quid on the slow boat from china £50 ish from amazon. You are missing the point though the fire stick is popular for this purpose because you can pick it up cheaply from Tesco/Argos or online at amazon. Not wait 2 weeks for something with no warranty to arrive from China
Firestick works just fine with Kodi and a VPN. Very simple to use, plenty of info online regarding this. If you're not 'tech savvy' then you will soon pick it up.

I have a very tiny router that is connected to my BT home hub and this gives me my VPN that I can connect whatever I want to, including Firestick, chromecast etc. Pretty straightforward and costs a few quid a month for the VPN service.
Rusty824 m ago

Firestick works just fine with Kodi and a VPN. Very simple to use, plenty …Firestick works just fine with Kodi and a VPN. Very simple to use, plenty of info online regarding this. If you're not 'tech savvy' then you will soon pick it up. I have a very tiny router that is connected to my BT home hub and this gives me my VPN that I can connect whatever I want to, including Firestick, chromecast etc. Pretty straightforward and costs a few quid a month for the VPN service.

Which VPN do you use? How much is it per month?

Thanks
I currently use IP Vanish. Which is the first one I have tried. I may try others, like, NordVPN which I think gets decent reviews. But at the moment I am able to stream without many problems so not planning to try any others just yet, I have been running it for 3 months now and only had to switch servers once. Speeds aren't great compared to broadband speeds, but that is the same with any VPN, and some will be worse/better than others.

I pay about 4 or 5 quid a month I think it works out. My broadband speed is 50mbps download speed and over VPN I get about 10mbps if not slightly more, depending on which server I use. Which works fine for streaming which is all I use it for. All other traffic goes through my BT hub.

Hope that helps.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants