Groups

Just got this scam email from eBay looks really genuine I know it's not because I'm not on eBay

eBay
    Please note that this is a system generated email. Please do not reply to this email. If you have questions, please click the following link . pages.ebay.co.uk/hel…tml

eBay Bid Change Notice - Item

Dear eBay Community Member,
    A previously entered bid on your item (162308202060) has been retracted or cancelled.You can view

12 Comments

This has been going on for long time

Ebay never use the generic 'Dear ebay custome' it's always 1st name, there is am address you can report it to if you search ebay .

Even the one's with your name on are not trustworthy anymore!
    I received one from "eBay" last week. Had my name address and telephone number on it!! It was asking for my bank details!!!! I forwarded it to eBay to check and they replied back and confirmed it was fake!!

I'm a three mobile customer!!!!

Banned

kingpsyon

Even the one's with your name on are not trustworthy anymore!I received … Even the one's with your name on are not trustworthy anymore!I received one from "eBay" last week. Had my name address and telephone number on it!! It was asking for my bank details!!!! I forwarded it to eBay to check and they replied back and confirmed it was fake!!I'm a three mobile customer!!!!

I'm An EE MobILE custOMER!!!!!

well 162308202060 is an actual item and it ended yesterday

Dear eBay Community Member, A previously entered bid on your item

seems to be what's usually in those emails from eBay going by a google search..are you sure you don't have an ebay account? do you have any other emails from ebay?

Unfortunately this is quiet the norm now.
    I've lost count of how many times sites I've bought something off have been hacked.
    Your details are then sold on the dark Web.
    So far I've had people trying to hack my indiegala, xbox/hotmail, amazon and psn.
    Luckily most have ip checks and some form of security now.
    Even need to be careful about where you get rid of old laptops and PC'S because I've heard they go to poorer countries to be broke down or repaired. Then people can use software that bring back things that you deleted years ago, even after formatting.
    Advice there is to keep you old hdds or destroy them yourself.
    Microsoft scam another, and even after educating both my parents my dad fell for this but they was clever and rather than pose as Microsoft they said talk talk who was hacked.
    He got scared when the damaged had already been done and rung me up.
    His laptop was then locked out and I had to fix it with a format.
    My friend who is very tech savvy and got hit with a paypal scam.
    Luckily he released within minutes of getting his details away.

Like I say educate people so this doesn't happen to people, it's devastating at anytime of year but people seem more vulnerable around now due to increased spending.
    Edited by: "geebeegooner" 12th Dec 2016

there is also evidence online that you do have or have had an ebay account, so either you have asked this to just find out if it's a scam (telling porkie pies) or perhaps someone has re activated your account somehow

there are more recent posts related to you using ebay but these are a few old ones, you should probably try logging in and resetting passwords etc

hotukdeals.com/mis…213

hotukdeals.com/mis…180

garbage456Forum MemberJoin Date: Apr 2007Location: sutton, surreyPosts: … garbage456Forum MemberJoin Date: Apr 2007Location: sutton, surreyPosts: 7,501eBay search engine, what is this about, its a complete mess.i got 3 problems with the new search engine(1) i do a search it says there are 4 matches, i click on it and it says there are none, so i click on search description as well, still says search has found 4, click on it, still zero !!!!(2) i typed in xbox hard drive, it found 300 odd matches of which none of them have the name hard drive in them.(3) before to buy it now or search descriptions or search completed listing you just had to tick the box, now its a complete NIGHTMARE, and if you decide to click on search descriptions as well the text you typed in vanishes.What a complete mess.

are you sure you didn't enter your details here?

hotukdeals.com/mis…179
    Edited by: "dataload" 12th Dec 2016

Original Poster

dataload

well 162308202060 is an actual item and it ended yesterdayseems to be … well 162308202060 is an actual item and it ended yesterdayseems to be what's usually in those emails from eBay going by a google search..are you sure you don't have an ebay account? do you have any other emails from ebay?

Am i sure i dont have an ebay account. Seriously?

garbage456

Am i sure i dont have an ebay account. Seriously?

well you clearly have had one.. you have posted on here in the past asking and answering eBay related questions, so it's possible your account is still active or has been reactivated

nothing in the email you posted would make me think it's not from eBay, eBay do use the generic "Dear eBay community member" etc when informing you of a bid cancellation

no reason why a scam email would direct you to visit an ebay.co.uk url

Original Poster

dataload

well you clearly have had one.. you have posted on here in the past … well you clearly have had one.. you have posted on here in the past asking and answering eBay related questions, so it's possible your account is still active or has been reactivatednothing in the email you posted would make me think it's not from eBay, eBay do use the generic "Dear eBay community member" etc when informing you of a bid cancellationno reason why a scam email would direct you to visit an ebay.co.uk url

As for I had one remark. Actually my partner had one with a completely different email address.

[email protected]domain.com is the email address "ebay" sent it from. IT IS A SCAM.

I am trying to warn the vulnerable few that i got an email scam that looked really genuine luckily for over 15 years i have been used to these scams and am trying to show how easy it is to fall for and all i am getting is people searching my history and telling me that maybe its not a scam.

Edited by: "garbage456" 12th Dec 2016

garbage456

[email protected] is the email address it came from.So IT IS A SCAM.

I was going by what you posted, which is normal eBay communication and no mention of sender address

#pointlessthread

garbage456

As for I had one remark. Actually my partner had one with a completely … As for I had one remark. Actually my partner had one with a completely different email [email protected] is the email address "ebay" sent it from. IT IS A SCAM.I am trying to warn the vulnerable few that i got an email scam that looked really genuine luckily for over 15 years i have been used to these scams and am trying to show how easy it is to fall for and all i am getting is people searching my history and telling me that maybe its not a scam.

I was trying to help, no need for the "all I am getting" especially since the other input you received, was either inaccurate or irrelevant

based on the information you pasted and the fact that you / someone using your hukd account did / does have an ebay account, I suggested that it could be someone using your account without your knowledge

again nothing in your post would indicate a scam email, other than your thread title.. perhaps edit, show the address it came from and explain how to check this for people who end up here in the future
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844464
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers911
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826353
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553781

See more discussions