Groups

just heard sir norman wisdom has died sad news

sad news as he is 1 man who i am sure made everyone laugh R,I.P Sir Norman Wisdom

25 Comments

Banned

aww no way, how sad, he was the best, RIP

Oh my god nooooooooo, he was so awesome, even in later life. RIP Normy

just seen this, RIP, he made me laugh loads as a nipper.
    Edited by: "richp" 4th Oct 2010

Yes very sad. Was only talking about him the other day & his connection to the isle of man

Banned

Nooooooooooooo Mr Grimsdale!!!!!!!

RIP

Albania's favourite star!

Lee Evans would be nowhere without him

Sad news, loved his movies

Top bloke who will be mised by a lot of people, especially here on the Isle of Man

aaww really sad news

he was an awesome bloke! don't make them like that no more

Sad day for the comedy industry he was beyond his years

Banned

As eminem would say ''instead of mourning your death,ide rather celebrate your life''

95 was a good innings

Original Poster

DangerGod

As eminem would say ''instead of mourning your death,ide rather celebrate … As eminem would say ''instead of mourning your death,ide rather celebrate your life''95 was a good innings

that is a good way to put it

Banned

Awful, awful comedian. Just so far below his peers and contemporaries in terms of talent.

RIP.

Sad. Loved going to the cinema when a new Norman Wisdom film came out!

Anyone read the Tony Hawks book about him trying to have a number one with Norman?

Loved his fake 'trip' in front of the queen X)

Sad news, nice bloke.

FilthAndFurry

Awful, awful comedian. Just so far below his peers and contemporaries in … Awful, awful comedian. Just so far below his peers and contemporaries in terms of talent.

Like who for instance? His was a particular style of humour and I don't recall anything similar being around at the same time (fifties and early sixties). Chaplin, Harold Lloyd, Laurel & Hardy were an earlier era...

Its all down to personal preference - I think Ricky Gervaise is pretty rubbish but that doesn't mean he is rubbish....
    Edited by: "gari189" 5th Oct 2010

Banned

jellybaby22

pity he didnt take Lee Evans with him..... he is just a poor rip off of … pity he didnt take Lee Evans with him..... he is just a poor rip off of norman wisdom..shame

Hmmmm.... You've just made me realise I didnt actually like Norman Wisdom afterall!

gari189

I think Ricky Gervaise is pretty rubbish but that doesn't mean he is … I think Ricky Gervaise is pretty rubbish but that doesn't mean he is rubbish....

Its all about opinions. I don't disagree with your thoughts on Gervaise. he is pants. F&F might think NW was rubbish (or just out to see who would bite), but he's entitled to that opinion also.

Banned

gari189

Like who for instance? His was a particular style of humour and I don't … Like who for instance? His was a particular style of humour and I don't recall anything similar being around at the same time (fifties and early sixties). Chaplin, Harold Lloyd, Laurel & Hardy were an earlier era...

Well he was a pale imitation of those acts imo, but I can't think of a 'great' film that Wisdom made. Apart from tripping up I can't think of anything memorable about him.

Even at that time I would have placed Alec Guinness (Kind Hearts and Coronets/The Ladykillers) and Alastair Sim above him. There are others too who were just emerging.

Albania is in a state of shock

Banned

Alfonse

Albania is in a state of shock

LOL... too late... post 5 ! X)

Could never quite work that one out!

guv

LOL... too late... post 5 ! X)Could never quite work that one out!

damn it, have to wait for James Belushi to pop it then..............

Banned

mad-diesel

Whic 'others too' ? You're struggling a bit here (_;)

In the 1950s you had the likes of Peter Sellers and Spike Milligan who were doing some truly original stuff with The Goons. I'd also say that Jerry Lewis was so far beyond Wisdom in terms of talent and then into the 60s you have the Pythons and the TW3 crew.

Loved him as a kid - but wasn't so funny when I was an adult lol. RIP.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1952
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767178
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…44
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047084

See more discussions