Just how bad is the Intel HD Graphics Chip?

Found 25th Feb 2011
Hey all, I am looking for a 13" notebook and the manufacturers have seemed to stop putting the good GPU's in the smaller machines. Anyways I am used to a good graphics chip, like the 330GT etc and have since moved to a Mac, but want another PC, how bad is the Intel HD, or should I be saying how good is it?

I know it is no GT330 Nvidia chip but it cant be too far off can it?

4 Comments

Pretty poor is the answer hence the reason as you will be aware apple use both in there machines.

But it still depends of what you are going to run on that machine in all fairness.

Depends on as above - what you will be using it for and also which Intel chip it is.

The integrated chips in the new 13" macbook pro's actually seems to be a decent performer from the videos on youtube.

Although don't expect gaming on par with dedicated cards.

thrustmaster

Depends on as above - what you will be using it for and also which Intel … Depends on as above - what you will be using it for and also which Intel chip it is.The integrated chips in the new 13" macbook pro's actually seems to be a decent performer from the videos on youtube. Although don't expect gaming on par with dedicated cards.

The Macbook pro have integrated and stand alone (the whole discreet graphics thing) and to be fair the whole youtube thing is more down to system and the codecs

a 13" laptop is never going to run the best games so the trade off for going integrated is more battery and cooler running - plus the new ones have enough grunt to do 1080 video, so youtube problems are something else.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone willing to share a uniday code for "the protein works"11
    2. Whats a great pair of Gaming pc speakers.11
    3. Anyone else disappointed by Amazon's Black Friday Deals?33
    4. Arranging a courier11

See more discussions