just made spagheti bolongese with quorn mince

Found 18th Jan 2010
it tasted like real mince by the way
what i want to know is can i now freeze it?

1. Misc
  2. Quorn
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Quorn
10 Comments

Yep. I do it all the time.

I make pasta sauces all the time with Quorn and freeze them with no problems. They are usually used within one month though.

Original Poster

brilliant thanks can i also freeze the spahgeti?

Wouldn't freeze the spaghetti, but we freeze quorn spag bol all the time, in fact my partner had frozen spag bol for tea last night!

Just out of interest. Why do you cook food and then freeze it?

CFC_Mark;7585606

Just out of interest. Why do you cook food and then freeze it?

so you can make a load in a batch ( cheaper to buy in bulk) and then just defrost and cook quickly when needed so you dont have to spend loads of time cooking and preparing again and again..... saves time if both people in a house are working ect and so don't have time to cook meals every night :thumbsup:

oh..... and Freeze it!! :-D

I have frozen spaghetti and other pasta before. Not a problem, just cover them up if you then warm them up in the microwave and possibly add a tablespoon of water to prevent drying out.

Sloth/Mod

it tasted like real mince by the way

If you like the taste of real mince just eat real mince. The animals won't mind...........It's already killed, chopped and packaged on the shop shelf. :-D

Syzable;7586128

If you like the taste of real mince just eat real mince. The animals … If you like the taste of real mince just eat real mince. The animals won't mind...........It's already killed, chopped and packaged on the shop shelf. :-D

+1

I am vegetarian and prefer the tesco or sainsburys own frozen mince (burgers and hotdogs are good too) because there is more flavour
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226666
    2. Which wall design do you like best?45
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35119
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247678

See more discussions