Just opened a new Xbox Live account and got free 1 month Gold. If I buy a 12 month sub is it added on or should I wait to end of free month?

Found 25th Oct 2008
and does this ebay 12 month sub at £22.99 delivered by email look legit / cheapest available? Item no: 170272413372

SEE COMMENTS BELOW - PROB BEST NOT TO BUY FROM THIS EBAYER

28 Comments

Original Poster

and does this ebay 12 month sub at £22.99 look legit / cheapest available? Item no: 170272413372

it will be added as an extension

Original Poster

ctuk;3286436

it will be added as an extension

Great, thanks for that! I'll wait to get a confirmation from someone else before taking the plunge - not that I don't trust you! :thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;3286454

Great, thanks for that! I'll wait to get a confirmation from someone … Great, thanks for that! I'll wait to get a confirmation from someone else before taking the plunge - not that I don't trust you! :thumbsup:

Depends on the code I think.There's a difference between 1 month live and 1 month trial? Don't trust me!!

And the seller looks ok. Might be better to just go with jasper?

yes its fine to add a 12 month on top

ah, sorry, read your post wrong. What MarzBarz says!

I thought you were adding a month to a 12 month code, not the other way round

Original Poster

bazzaric;3286507

Depends on the code I think.There's a difference between 1 month live and … Depends on the code I think.There's a difference between 1 month live and 1 month trial? Don't trust me!!And the seller looks ok. Might be better to just go with jasper?

That's what I was wondering. Mine is a 1-month trial. Ok so jasper is £25 for 13 months or this ebay one for £23 for (presumably) 12 months? You think the ebay one might be 13 too even though it doesn't say?

On the jasper website it say's that it is £27.99

Original Poster

MarzBarz;3286515

yes its fine to add a 12 month on top

Thanks - that's two people I trust, so will go for it. Now it's just a choice of jasper or ebay. I'm tempted to try the ebay and see if it gives me a 13 month sub. How come jasper codes get 13 months..?

For the sake of £2 i'd go with jasper who has a proven record and guaranteed 13 month, i'd imagine if the ebay one did have a bonus month they would say so, after all its a added selling point, surely the ebay guy has to post it out too? after all thats why jasper had to stop using ebay?

edit: just seen the ebay guy emails it.

Original Poster

harlzter;3286569

For the sake of £2 i'd go with jasper who has a proven record and … For the sake of £2 i'd go with jasper who has a proven record and guaranteed 13 month, i'd imagine if the ebay one did have a bonus month they would say so, after all its a added selling point, surely the ebay guy has to post it out too? after all thats why jasper had to stop using ebay?edit: just seen the ebay guy emails it.

yeah, the ebay guy is instant (auto generated?) apparently. Might still try it to see. If it does give 13 months at least people will know. It's much of a muchness price-wise even if it doesn't...

Original Poster

ppd_2001;3286560

On the jasper website it say's that it is £27.99

Oohh, you're right! Looks like a price hike. Ok, decision made. Will let you know what happens. :thumbsup:
jasper1675.com/new…tml

Liddle ol' me;3286627

Oohh, you're right! Looks like a price hike. Ok, decision made. Will … Oohh, you're right! Looks like a price hike. Ok, decision made. Will let you know what happens. :thumbsup: http://www.jasper1675.com/newuk12gold.html

Good man, rep for being a guinea pig:thumbsup: Lets us know how it goes as im thinking of buying one next month.

Original Poster

harlzter;3286661

Good man, rep for being a guinea pig:thumbsup: Lets us know how it goes … Good man, rep for being a guinea pig:thumbsup: Lets us know how it goes as im thinking of buying one next month.

Thanks - just paid - no instant email :oops: Off for dinner and see if it arrives by the time I wolf down my pasta!!

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;3286780

Thanks - just paid - no instant email :oops: Off for dinner and see if … Thanks - just paid - no instant email :oops: Off for dinner and see if it arrives by the time I wolf down my pasta!!

Should have eaten that pasta more slowly. Luckily I have a large glass of red to help it digest.

In other words, no feckin email yet, just a debit of £22.99, which in these times of economic chaos is a HUGE hole in my finances. :shock:

Call me impatient but the advert does say 'instant email'. If this doesn't arrive by Monday I will contact my lawyer to instigate a lawsuit against Harlzter for bullying me into the purchase. I never would have done this if he hadn't piled the pressure on by adding rep... :cry:

Liddle ol' me;3286948

Should have eaten that pasta more slowly. Luckily I have a large glass of … Should have eaten that pasta more slowly. Luckily I have a large glass of red to help it digest.In other words, no feckin email yet, just a debit of £22.99, which in these times of economic chaos is a HUGE hole in my finances. :shock:Call me impatient but the advert does say 'instant email'. If this doesn't arrive by Monday I will contact my lawyer to instigate a lawsuit against Harlzter for bullying me into the purchase. I never would have done this if he hadn't piled the pressure on by adding rep... :cry:

:whistling: I've just looked at his feedback, doesnt look too inspiring:x

Original Poster

harlzter;3287167

:whistling: I've just looked at his feedback, doesnt look too inspiring:x

Yeah, now you tell me! :roll:

I know, I've seen it too - but there are also plenty of 'thanks for code' comments.

Serving that writ Monday at noon Dude - prepare to be taken for every penny you are worth, and then some.

Banned

Liddle ol' me;3286948

Should have eaten that pasta more slowly. Luckily I have a large glass of … Should have eaten that pasta more slowly. Luckily I have a large glass of red to help it digest.In other words, no feckin email yet, just a debit of £22.99, which in these times of economic chaos is a HUGE hole in my finances. :shock:Call me impatient but the advert does say 'instant email'. If this doesn't arrive by Monday I will contact my lawyer to instigate a lawsuit against Harlzter for bullying me into the purchase. I never would have done this if he hadn't piled the pressure on by adding rep... :cry:

Rep for Halzter...:thumbsup:

Fingers crossed.:w00t:

Liddle ol' me;3287200

Yeah, now you tell me! :roll:I know, I've seen it too - but there are … Yeah, now you tell me! :roll:I know, I've seen it too - but there are also plenty of 'thanks for code' comments. Serving that writ Monday at noon Dude - prepare to be taken for every penny you are worth, and then some.

Well you can start with my current account that has 52p in it:p Then theres the demijohn we throw our loose change into but our lass cashed it in last week and emptied it, but there may be three or four quid in it, or you could seize my transport (a weekly bus ticket with three days left on it) and a wheelbarrow with a flat tyre:p In fact just take our lass, she is worth her weight in......well methane I suppose.

Original Poster

harlzter;3287275

Well you can start with my current account that has 52p in it:p Then … Well you can start with my current account that has 52p in it:p Then theres the demijohn we throw our loose change into but our lass cashed it in last week and emptied it, but there may be three or four quid in it, or you could seize my transport (a weekly bus ticket with three days left on it) and a wheelbarrow with a flat tyre:p In fact just take our lass, she is worth her weight in......well methane I suppose.

erm ... thanks for all your help harl. Code received and no further action being taken. In fact, he sent me 24 months by mistake, so... erm ... I owe you one :thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;3287329

erm ... thanks for all your help harl. Code received and no further … erm ... thanks for all your help harl. Code received and no further action being taken. In fact, he sent me 24 months by mistake, so... erm ... I owe you one :thumbsup:

Nice one, glad its worked out well, the same seller is charging £2 more on their own website:thumbsup:

Original Poster

harlzter;3287414

Nice one, glad its worked out well, the same seller is charging £2 more … Nice one, glad its worked out well, the same seller is charging £2 more on their own website:thumbsup:

I was actually joking to avoid having to pick up a farting lass. :w00t: No word yet from the seller :-(

Liddle ol' me;3287470

I was actually joking to avoid having to pick up a farting lass. :w00t: … I was actually joking to avoid having to pick up a farting lass. :w00t: No word yet from the seller :-(

Oh go on i'll even pay delivery:thumbsup: and throw in a couple of rugrats:whistling:

Original Poster

harlzter;3287489

Oh go on i'll even pay delivery:thumbsup: and throw in a couple of … Oh go on i'll even pay delivery:thumbsup: and throw in a couple of rugrats:whistling:

Might have to take you up on that. No word from seller yet - I've just emailed him ... :-(

tell him he was lieing about being instant and the trades act say you cnat lie so u want full refund lol.

Im just doig my business coursework

Original Poster

strike;3290797

tell him he was lieing about being instant and the trades act say you … tell him he was lieing about being instant and the trades act say you cnat lie so u want full refund lol.Im just doig my business coursework

I've written a polite email letting him know I'd the code asap and only bought from him because it's advertised as instant. But since it's the weekend, I'll give him until normal working hours to respond. No point getting all legalistic just yet!

Original Poster

Update: just got a full refund to my pp account. Here is a copy of his emails to me, from most recent to first:

17:04 i just refund you as i ad no contact from my supplier

11:12 i did have stock in untill i realise i was give the wrong batch i was promise that i willhave some today and as for pulling me lisitng if u want to pay the 60quid i wud lose then i pull it

sorry for the delay

10:45 i was given a the wrong codes from my supliers and now waiting fr another batch

So there you have it. The answer to this little experiment is don't rush to buy from him if you expect codes quickly, but he at least isn't a scammer.

Harl - I won't be needing your farting lass after all
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Video shows nurses laughing as dying WWII vet calls for help914
    2. The Dark Knight Trilogy remastered in 4K UHD. Released December 18.57
    3. A christmas wish1011
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread434814923

See more discussions