Just out of interest how do you get Banned from Xbox Live?

10 replies
Found 4th Feb 2009
Been wanting to know how Microsoft Ban your console, Would have thought it would have been the account they ban and that you'll be free to make another like on the Playstation Network

10 Comments

by using a chipped xbox and then playing on live with it :thumbsup:

too many complaints from other users, cheating, offensive or obscene gamer tag, offensive or obscene language in your bio etc

no, no accounts or gamertags ever get banned, it is simply the serial number of the console (and that cannot be changed)

You get banned by using poor copies on a modified 360 that allows you to play backups, it's not the modded firmware that causes the issue, its the poorly copied games that do not contain the correct security files from the actual games, (most downloads are just hashed together)

The only way of telling if you have a perfect copy is to copy an original yourself with a Kreon drive (or an xbox 360 dvd drive in windows mode)

Smeagol too many complaints from other users, cheating, offensive or obscene gamer tag, offensive or obscene language in your bio etc

DudeyGeeza;4284720

no, no accounts or gamertags ever get banned, it is simply the serial … no, no accounts or gamertags ever get banned, it is simply the serial number of the console (and that cannot be changed)You get banned by using poor copies on a modified 360 that allows you to play backups, it's not the modded firmware that causes the issue, its the poorly copied games that do not contain the correct security files from the actual games, (most downloads are just hashed together)The only way of telling if you have a perfect copy is to copy an original yourself with a Kreon drive (or an xbox 360 dvd drive in windows mode)

Sounds about right.

Diagnostics give the game away - literally lol.

they come..............

DudeyGeeza;4284720

no, no accounts or gamertags ever get banned, it is simply the serial … no, no accounts or gamertags ever get banned, it is simply the serial number of the console (and that cannot be changed)

Accounts can be banned, but its rare. Its more common for the entire console to be banned or the account to get suspended.

Original Poster

Thanks for replies very detailed some rep for you people :thumbsup: I havent been banned actually never been on Live with a 360 I dont like having to pay to go online so I stick with my PS3

Banned

hahaaa
ever thought microsoft made the 360 unreliable to stop people modding it....me thinks so =]

If I were to get a chipped 360, and played my backed up games normally. Would I be safe as long as I use the original while playing Live? Will it detect that I've used back ups in the past in single player?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50428
    2. Win the Diono Quantum travel system, worth £500 @ Netmums11
    3. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201755
    4. Win free gin for a year88

See more discussions