Groups

Just purchased a wii

Right then you helpful bunch.... I have just bagged a wii and know very little to be honest on what i have bought. It is going to be a family xmas present, so need some advice on what games are out there for moms and dads, plus a little one who is 4. Is there anything i should purchase to go with it. It comes with sports resort.
    If anyone can help then thanks.... ;-)

27 Comments

Spare wiimote is essential if you want to play together.

hotukdeals.com/dea…285
    Edited by: "stewby" 17th Nov 2010

Original Poster

Thanks 'stewby' & 'dcx_badass'
    what do you mean by softmodding

Banned

F1 2010 is good for dad.
    grand slam tennis is the best tennis game
    Pes is a better football game than fifa on the wii

Get a cheap docking charger for the remotes
    Edited by: "slamdunkin" 17th Nov 2010

Original Poster

slamdunkin

F1 2010 is good for dad.grand slam tennis is the best tennis gamePes is a … F1 2010 is good for dad.grand slam tennis is the best tennis gamePes is a better football game than fifa on the wiiGet a cheap docking charger for the remotes

do you mean F1 2009 as i can't find F1 2010 for the wii, thanks about the docking station suggestion.

All the Mario games are a safe bet.

Wii Party
    Just Dance
    Mario Kart
    New Super Mario Bros
    Super Mario Galaxy
    U Sing / We Sing

Banned

scoff

do you mean F1 2009 as i can't find F1 2010 for the wii, thanks about the … do you mean F1 2009 as i can't find F1 2010 for the wii, thanks about the docking station suggestion.

Sorry yes I did....buy it with the wheel here

amazon.co.uk/dp/…737?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=****&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B002IIY0HQ

scrub that link it was £17.99 when I copied it....

I would get an extra remote.

I would probably get a Mario game as well, but to be honest, with what you get with your console, you won't need any extra games just yet.

Banned

Don't click this link cut and paste the whole thing into your browser for the £17.99 price

amazon.co.uk/dp/…737?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=****&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B002IIY0HQ

Original Poster

I've found it £17.99 @ Amazon, not in stock until 7th Dec though.

Here you go. F1 2009 @ Tesco for £15.70 Delivered. CLICKY

And in stock
    Edited by: "Syzable" 17th Nov 2010

What's the one where you can ski jump,that's quite good for the family,mine were very competitive when doing that ,trying to beat each other,was very funny to watch!

Banned

But you don't get the wheel which is much better than the other wheels

deb8z

What's the one where you can ski jump,that's quite good for the … What's the one where you can ski jump,that's quite good for the family,mine were very competitive when doing that ,trying to beat each other,was very funny to watch!

Wii Family Ski? Or do you mean the mini game in Wii Fit?

slamdunkin

But you don't get the wheel which is much better than the other wheels

Did they sell a solus version?

thesaint

I would get an extra remote.I would probably get a Mario game as well, … I would get an extra remote.I would probably get a Mario game as well, but to be honest, with what you get with your console, you won't need any extra games just yet.

...plus plenty of replacement "AA" battery cells (if not using a rechargeable system) such as this:

[ amazon.co.uk/Dua…FS0 ]

Also, as well as a second Wii Remote Controller, you may wish to buy one/more "Nunchuk" Controller(s) too:

[ amazon.co.uk/Nin…KQ0 ]

As for games, there are lots for (big &) small kids.

Is the youngest member of the household male or female?

BFN,

fp.

Banned

Lovefilm are doiing it with wheel for 17.93 with free delivery

shop.lovefilm.com/gam…rch

Banned

Tiger wood PGA is a great golfing game and I picked up the 2011 version last week for £19.99 on amazon....so keep watching for the temporary reductions....but the golf game that comes with the console is good fun, so just see whether it's anyone's thing before splashing out....there's always next christmas and birthdays.

Banned

Have you seen this thread for a cheap wii remote and game

hotukdeals.com/dea…285

Syzable

Wii Family Ski? Or do you mean the mini game in Wii Fit?

I dunno lol people were playing it at my brothers,maybe it was within wii fit as people were hula hooping too that was funny when men were doing it.

Banned

Sonic and saga all stars racing for 17.99 is a good deal....although i picked it up from the hut last month for £12.99 on a special promotion with a code

hotukdeals.com/dea…358

Original Poster

fanpages

As for games, there are lots for (big &) small kids.Is the youngest … As for games, there are lots for (big &) small kids.Is the youngest member of the household male or female?BFN,fp.

The youngest member is female and only 4 years old, so not sure what there is for her. I have found a peppa pig game.

Original Poster

slamdunkin

Have you seen this thread for a cheap wii remote and … Have you seen this thread for a cheap wii remote and gamehttp://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintendo-wii-play-with-remote-14-97/802285

Yes but there is none instock any where near me

Original Poster

slamdunkin

Lovefilm are doiing it with wheel for 17.93 with free delivery

out of stock ;-(

Banned

do you really need it within the next few days....these prices are worth waiting a couple of weeks for....the price may well go up again when back in stock.

fanpages

As for games, there are lots for (big &) small kids.Is the youngest … As for games, there are lots for (big &) small kids.Is the youngest member of the household male or female?

scoff

The youngest member is female and only 4 years old, so not sure what … The youngest member is female and only 4 years old, so not sure what there is for her. I have found a peppa pig game.

Any of the Mario or Sonic titles (or even the "Mario & Sonic" titles) should be OK.
    There are a couple of "Dora the Explorer" games, & supplemental "Go, Diego, Go!" games too, the recent "Club Penguin" title may be suitable, or perhaps the upcoming "Epic Mickey"?

The "Hannah Montana" franchise has two titles available. There are also a couple of "High School Musical" (sing & dance) titles, "MySims" gets a few choices, a handful of "SpongeBob SquarePants" games, & "Animal Crossing: City Folk" offerings.

PS. Check the "For Sale/For Trade" classifieds listings for rechargeable systems, for example:

[ hotukdeals.com/for…899 ]

BFN,

fp.

scoff

Thanks 'stewby' & 'dcx_badass'what do you mean by softmodding

A way of playing unofficial software and 'backups' (pirate copies basically) of games.

I wouldn't attempt something like that until well after christmas in case you brick (kill) it. If you intend to play the Wii on an HDTV then a Wii component cable may be of use as it sharpens up the graphics a little.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      3. Sad news about Barcelona26113
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188

See more discussions