Expired

Just put a private number plate on my van. Do i have to get the MOT changed?

Found 11th May 2014
Just put a private number plate on my van. Do i have to get the MOT changed?

1. Ask
  2. Mot
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Mot
8 Comments

I believe that u normally would send your MOT and scan of tax disc for original number plate to DVLA when u request the plate be assigned to your van. They then return your new log book, MOT and Tax with private reg on.

In agreement with the above (as a personal number plate holder myself)

Original Poster

dvla asked for log book, no mention of MOT or tax?

unless your van is younger that 3 years you should have sent the MOT, V5 and copy of the tax disc to the DVLA and you cant put the plate on the vehicle until you have received them all back

You need to send the log book along with mot certificate,you keep the tax disk but put disc details onto application form.

You will then be sent a new disk and new paperwork.

I have changed plates on three cars(the last one in September)and it has been the same process each time. You will receive all documents back in 2 different envelopes.

gov.uk/per…cle
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 11th May 2014

when you transfer plate over you will automatically get new mot and taxs disc posted to you. part of your transfer fee

don't forget to tell ur insurance.....

AF54AZ

when you transfer plate over you will automatically get new mot and taxs … when you transfer plate over you will automatically get new mot and taxs disc posted to you. part of your transfer fee

Your number looks really stupid and that's from someone who has a LEGAL private plate..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants