Groups

Just received replacement monitor, having EXACT same issues

So my old Hannspree HQ271 1440p monitor has been skipping frames at native 60hz, so I spoke to the RMA company for Hannspree and they arranged to do a monitor swap. My replacement just arrived now and straight away I put it to the test to see if it was gonna skip frames. It skipped frames just like the last one on 60hz... And whats even worse was its stable on the same refresh rate as the old one which is 57hz... I'm honestly not sure what to do now as Ive come to the conclusion that all there HQ271's must be skipping frames at 60hz. I hope someone got an answer, or at least past experience on this monitor. Thanks

23 Comments

Why dont you test it with another PC?

If it does the same thing you'll know if it is the monitor or your PC

I dont know that monitor but have you tried updating its firmware and tried a different input method, i.e different type of cable?

Original Poster

catbeans

I dont know that monitor but have you tried updating its firmware and … I dont know that monitor but have you tried updating its firmware and tried a different input method, i.e different type of cable?

I wish I could update its firmware, but they haven't even got drivers for their monitors! For inputs methods ive tried hdmi/dvi all get the same results. Gonna test it on my dads computer, but I think I already know the outcome.

nobody has reported it online you sure it's not the test software being faulty?

Original Poster

punji

Why dont you test it with another PC? If it does the same thing you'll … Why dont you test it with another PC? If it does the same thing you'll know if it is the monitor or your PC

Just tested it out on 2 different pc's and just as I thought, it was still skipping frames. For the test software I downloaded a high rated frameskipping tool and that showed it aswell... I'm gonna try to contact not the RMA company which is repairtech.ltd, but the actually Hannspree manufacturers, as this seems to be something to do with the chipset.

Are you connecting via displayport? If so, try it with a certified dp cable.

Original Poster

Kdl

Are you connecting via displayport? If so, try it with a certified dp … Are you connecting via displayport? If so, try it with a certified dp cable.

The monitor doesnt have a displayport input, but I've even tried using an active HDMI 2.0 to displayport converter and that wont make a difference.

How can you even use a 60hz monitor man, my eyes :X

Original Poster

ritchiedrama

How can you even use a 60hz monitor man, my eyes :X

I had to downclock my brain a ton to get used to it. Imagine the feeling of knowing your hardware can blast through 60fps on 95% of the games out there, but you gotta cap it due to your crappy monitor...

Is it the same hdmi lead used each time? If so try a different one.

hamzahuk

I had to downclock my brain a ton to get used to it. Imagine the feeling … I had to downclock my brain a ton to get used to it. Imagine the feeling of knowing your hardware can blast through 60fps on 95% of the games out there, but you gotta cap it due to your crappy monitor...

​God yeah, I dread to think....

hamzahuk

I had to downclock my brain a ton to get used to it. Imagine the feeling … I had to downclock my brain a ton to get used to it. Imagine the feeling of knowing your hardware can blast through 60fps on 95% of the games out there, but you gotta cap it due to your crappy monitor...

Why not just buy a BenQ 144Hz? We used those ones at tournaments, so I bought one myself, pretty good.

Original Poster

ritchiedrama

Why not just buy a BenQ 144Hz? We used those ones at tournaments, so I … Why not just buy a BenQ 144Hz? We used those ones at tournaments, so I bought one myself, pretty good.

I'm assuming your on about the 1080p one? 1440p is kinda a must for me now after experiencing it, also the 1440p 144hz BenQ is going for £550 which is kinda alot for me to justify.

hamzahuk

I'm assuming your on about the 1080p one? 1440p is kinda a must for me … I'm assuming your on about the 1080p one? 1440p is kinda a must for me now after experiencing it, also the 1440p 144hz BenQ is going for £550 which is kinda alot for me to justify.

I use the XL2411 1080p one yeah, 1440p is nice and all, but I'd rather use 720p than 60hz

Original Poster

ritchiedrama

1440p is nice and all, but I'd rather use 720p than 60hz

I'm really tempted to just go an order one of those Qnix 27" monitors which overclock to 100hz+ but worse than getting 60hz is getting dumped on by customs when the monitor arrives.

Edited by: "hamzahuk" 1st Feb

have you only tried it on Windows 10 ? perhaps that screen isn't happy with windows 10 ?

Original Poster

jonnithomas

have you only tried it on Windows 10 ? perhaps that screen isn't happy … have you only tried it on Windows 10 ? perhaps that screen isn't happy with windows 10 ?

I run 8 and my dad and brother run 7, so not os related.

have you tried different cables ? you didn't respond earlier.

Original Poster

jonnithomas

have you tried different cables ? you didn't respond earlier.

Soz about that, yes all the common things tried, got a Ibra HDMI 2.0 braided cable and even that didn't work.

hamzahuk

I'm really tempted to just go an order one of those Qnix 27" monitors … I'm really tempted to just go an order one of those Qnix 27" monitors which overclock to 100hz+ but worse than getting 60hz is getting dumped on by customs when the monitor arrives.

I read several tests that showed they actually frame skip and dont show all the frames reliably above 60-70Hz on any of the models tested, so basically, they are a con. Basically, they try and con the monitor into thinking it is running in 720p mode to get the higher Hz, but it doesnt work well.
    The same tests showed the same issue with all of the Korean super over clocked screens.

Hannspree have a number of issues, they look great, but.......

I doubt you will get much joy out of contacting them.

Original Poster

Gentle_Giant

I read several tests that showed they actually frame skip and dont show … I read several tests that showed they actually frame skip and dont show all the frames reliably above 60-70Hz on any of the models tested, so basically, they are a con. Basically, they try and con the monitor into thinking it is running in 720p mode to get the higher Hz, but it doesnt work well.The same tests showed the same issue with all of the Korean super over clocked screens.Hannspree have a number of issues, they look great, but.......I doubt you will get much joy out of contacting them.

Unfortunately I guess I learned from my mistakes, I shoulda just kept to a good gaming/color reproduction monitor, instead of trying to save and just cheap out. Anyways I ordered this monitor amazon.co.uk/Ben…h=1, as Its good really good reviews and amazing color for a TN panel. If for some amazing reason my Hannspree has better color reproduction for things like working with photos. I'll just keep both, if not I'll sell the Hannspree on here if someone if fine with 60hz usage.

Original Poster

ritchiedrama

Why not just buy a BenQ 144Hz?

You just pushed me to get one, ordered the 1440p one though, unlike the asus 1440p 144hz monitor the BenQ has allot better reviews. Anyways for what I'm paying I'm expecting faultless panel hopefully.

hamzahuk

You just pushed me to get one, ordered the 1440p one though, unlike the … You just pushed me to get one, ordered the 1440p one though, unlike the asus 1440p 144hz monitor the BenQ has allot better reviews. Anyways for what I'm paying I'm expecting faultless panel hopefully.

Good lad.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whats a Good VPN to use please?1821
      2. How easy is it to get a refund from Halfords?57
      3. Does anybody have a ( Uni days code) I can use for ( TomTom) please11
      4. Query on retail selling on beer22

See more discussions