Just replaced my car battery however

9 replies
Found 16th Dec 2016
Just replaced my car battery, however when taking out the old one is was much larger having 63ah and 330CCA the one i put in is a 44ah and 420CCA Bosch s4 001

Should this be a problem?

9 Comments

Not ideal as its lower amh depens if it was the right one in before could be its the old one thats wrong. Pm me your reg il check for you

All the good sites will let you put your reg in and tell you which battery you need. Could it be that the previous owner had out the wrong one in maybe?

Bigger battery capacity to start bigger engines. It will work but you might get problems much sooner, especially in really cold days. Find out what the recommended battery is for that model. Also make sure the alternator is charging properly. Maybe that there was nothing wrong with the old battery anyway, just not being charged correctly.

Original Poster

Battery was going was taking long to start, it died on me had to jump it and the battery indicator is showing black.

The car its been fitted to is a 1.2 diesel vw polo 2011

dogswotsits

Bigger battery capacity to start bigger engines. It will work but you … Bigger battery capacity to start bigger engines. It will work but you might get problems much sooner, especially in really cold days. Find out what the recommended battery is for that model. Also make sure the alternator is charging properly. Maybe that there was nothing wrong with the old battery anyway, just not being charged correctly.

You would have battery light on the dash if alternator is faulty. Cold days kill batteries that are getting weak ive sold heaps last few weeks

It will be fine dont worry

That'll be fine on a little 1.2 diesel engine

does your car have stop start though? if so, youll find the new battery wont be upto scratch. i would advise you get it double checked. cca is power the battery can produce but ah is whats required for continual use such as stop / start

As long as its the correct type of battery (lead acid/silver calcium/gel) as they reach full charge at different voltages and the wrong voltage will shorten its life. The battery you have bought will start your car better than the previous one as the cca (cold cranking amps is higher) but the ah (amp hours) being lower just means that you don't have as much power storage space......not a real problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769542
    2. Add one, leave one game54415458
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428214657
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247654

See more discussions