Groups

Just seen the Google street car pass my house!

Not sure whether to feel excited or violated. It was the last thing I'd have expected to see out in the countryside! Tried to take a pic but they reversed up my little lane before I could get my camera out.

26 Comments

Not sure whether to be excited or violated.

[COLOR="White"][SIZE="1"]reversed up my little lane[/SIZE][/COLOR]

cant you be excited at being violated :oops:

michelleleemoo;5701799

Not sure whether to be excited or … Not sure whether to be excited or violated.[COLOR="White"][SIZE="1"]reversed up my little lane[/SIZE][/COLOR]cant you be excited at being violated :oops:

:giggle:

michelleleemoo;5701799

Not sure whether to be excited or … Not sure whether to be excited or violated.[COLOR="White"][SIZE="1"]reversed up my little lane[/SIZE][/COLOR]cant you be excited at being violated :oops:

Reminds me of one of Chandler's one liners - "I feel violated. And not in a good way.", lol.

Original Poster

I meant not sure whether to feel excited or violated, edited now!

michelleleemoo;5701799

lol I had to tilt my screen to read the white writing lol :-D

kirsty1981;5701898

lol I had to tilt my screen to read the white writing lol :-D

Haha, I didn't even spot it until you pointed it out, lol
    (you could have just highlited the text to read it)

life changing thread.

Thought they were only doing urban areas - how far do you live from a town then?

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t59/mountainman_36b/smiley/bubblegum.gif

Original Poster

Newbold;5701910

Thought they were only doing urban areas - how far do you live from a … Thought they were only doing urban areas - how far do you live from a town then?

Nearest town is Cirencester and that's 10 miles away.

Banned

hope you pulled a moonie

Jump in your car and follow it .....it takes your pic all the time your behind it .......:-D

flyingflea;5702171

im gonna have to keep an eye out....... thats where i live :?

they came past my house as i was getting changed in the window

flyingflea;5702171

Wow - that is surprising. Had no idea they were doing the rural areas yet.

Newbold;5703261

Wow - that is surprising. Had no idea they were doing the rural areas … Wow - that is surprising. Had no idea they were doing the rural areas yet.

One came past my house couple of months ago and i'm in the countryside too. About 10miles form Preston ;-)

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;5702312

Jump in your car and follow it .....it takes your pic all the time your … Jump in your car and follow it .....it takes your pic all the time your behind it .......:-D

If I wasn't busy it would have been funny to put on a gorilla suit and then try position myself walking about in as many places as possible where I would anticipate it to be next :-D

Newbold;5703261

Wow - that is surprising. Had no idea they were doing the rural areas … Wow - that is surprising. Had no idea they were doing the rural areas yet.

I know right! This must mean they are pretty much covering the whole of the UK then if they are making the effort to photograph little unnamed lanes outside of small towns.

dcx_badass;5704197

My house will never be on it, live in a village 10 miles from leeds, but … My house will never be on it, live in a village 10 miles from leeds, but to do my house they have to drive all through my estate then up our windy drive to our house and a dead end.

They're doing ALL UK roads that aren't on 'private roads' all public ones.

My friend lives on a road like that and his house is on it.

They were doing Henley-on Thames 2 months ago and it passed me on the road but its still not showing that Henley has street maps yet

Not sure whether to feel excited or violated

Let me help with that

Huge companies legit car taking legit photos of streets and surroundings for navigational purposes and a more interactive map experience online = excited

Bloke sat in a tree with a telescopic lens when youre practising your 'erotic' dance in your undies = violated

Banned

Quick write a strongly worded letter to the Daily Mail shoehorning in as many references to Orwell's '1984' as you can.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5704480

Quick write a strongly worded letter to the Daily Mail shoehorning in as … Quick write a strongly worded letter to the Daily Mail shoehorning in as many references to Orwell's '1984' as you can.

i thought you'd been spammed

flyingflea;5703365

If I wasn't busy it would have been funny to put on a gorilla suit and … If I wasn't busy it would have been funny to put on a gorilla suit and then try position myself walking about in as many places as possible where I would anticipate it to be next :-D

Absolutely brilliant idea! I love it.

Rep+1. :thumbsup:

what does the car look like??

Original Poster

dcx_badass;5704197

My house will never be on it, live in a village 10 miles from leeds, but … My house will never be on it, live in a village 10 miles from leeds, but to do my house they have to drive all through my estate then up our windy drive to our house and a dead end.

If you knew where I lived, you would have thought the same thing. The track that leads to my house is a dead end as well (hence why he reversed all the way back) but as far as I'm aware, it's a public road.

kirsty1981;5704726

It was a black car with a tall rod on the roof and lots of cameras on the tip of the rod. Possibly an astra? I didn't get very close as I was out in the garden when it passed. Be interesting to know how long it takes for them to upload the photos.

kirsty1981;5704726

A bit like this:http://media.canada.com/a4b09470-31fe-420a-9bdc-9348816409b7/00023757a%20gorilla1.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5012474
      2. GCSE Results day910
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)3652
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846351

See more discussions