just sharing my experience with gearbest return

Found 14th Dec 2017
I ordered a tablet from gearbest, it arrive after few weeks, but it was defective (touch screen with a large dead zone). Contacted support and agreed it is defective and asked me to return it to an address in birmingham:
Woodgate Business Park, Clapgate Lane, Bartley Green. B32 3BZ
they asked for the package to be tracked, so i got the cheapest signed for, which was £11

the package was rejected and returned back to me. I checked with gearbest, and looks like they got the address wrong. They gave me another address:
1 bell health way, Woodgate Business Park, Clapgate Lane, Bartley Green, Birmingham, B32 3BZ ,United Kingdom

another £11 later, it is being returned to sender because it was rejected.. !!!!

and i also got this nice reply from gearbest:
"We are sorry that we can compensate the shipping fee of one shipment only"

it wasn't my fault they got the address wrong. I used copy/paste/print .. there is no chance i made a writing mistake.

what are my rights? and what should i do?

- not send the tablet a third time, and ask them for a full refund.. of course, the table is going to the bin
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Welcome to the world of gearbest. I was stung a few years back and never use them and will never recommend them to anyone. They will always do you over and you will normally be out of pocket. There are a couple of things you can do, firstly contact your credit card company (if you paid direct) and tell them what's going I and say they aren't taking returns and messing you about, they will get the money back for you through a charge back. If it was PayPal, get onto them and start a case against gearbest and give evideyof the conversations and tracking details you have to proof what you have done.

I'm afraid gearbest being Chinese they are outside of the rules and regs of our country long distance selling laws. So your best bet is to go through the above routes. I feel for you, as I nearly lost £200. This is my personal opinion about gearbest, as there are alot of people who have no bad experiences. But when they go bad they go baaaad!
Edited by: "stoneblade" 14th Dec 2017
Bought a £168 phone from them in Jan17.

Faulty after 6 months. Sent back. They didn't repair replace. Offered me £40.

I rejected that. Then they offered me £60.

I accepted £90 in the end just to end the ordeal
Gollywood23 m ago

Bought a £168 phone from them in Jan17.Faulty after 6 months. Sent back. …Bought a £168 phone from them in Jan17.Faulty after 6 months. Sent back. They didn't repair replace. Offered me £40.I rejected that. Then they offered me £60.I accepted £90 in the end just to end the ordeal

where did you send it back to? i was given an address in Birmingham
so you recovered £90 of £168? what happened to the phone?
fileexit1 h, 36 m ago

where did you send it back to? i was given an address in Birminghamso you …where did you send it back to? i was given an address in Birminghamso you recovered £90 of £168? what happened to the phone?

These are the businesses shown in that address -looks like the second was valid? (If the business is the right one?)

suite.endole.co.uk/exp…3bz
chuffedfox1 h, 4 m ago

These are the businesses shown in that address -looks like the second was …These are the businesses shown in that address -looks like the second was valid? (If the business is the right one?)https://suite.endole.co.uk/explorer/postcode/b32-3bz

The business is "Aisin Europe Manufacturing (UK) Ltd" as i can see from the link you sent, and from google maps

Problem is, they just rejected my returned package this morning. Not clear why, but here is what i can see on postoffice tracking:

We were unable to deliver item AF5XXXGB as the addressee refused to accept it. We returned the item to sender on the 14/12/17 08:46
fileexit5 m ago

The business is "Aisin Europe Manufacturing (UK) Ltd" as i can see from …The business is "Aisin Europe Manufacturing (UK) Ltd" as i can see from the link you sent, and from google mapsProblem is, they just rejected my returned package this morning. Not clear why, but here is what i can see on postoffice tracking:We were unable to deliver item AF5XXXGB as the addressee refused to accept it. We returned the item to sender on the 14/12/17 08:46

Random. There's always trading standards
hi @fileexit literally the same thing is happening to me!

bought a phone it was faulty and after a lot of backwards and forwards with the communication they told me to return to the address they first told you to. it got rejected and they then said sorry our error bla bla and gave me an updated address. however i have not sent it back to the new address provided by them and going by your experience im glad i didnt.

so here is where i stand at the moment and i think you could do the same:

1) theres a gearbest rep on here called Alice under the username @Gearbest1 . she has got onto my case and seems to be helping me so far lets see what she does for me. i have tagged her so hopefully she can help you

2) i have initiated the chargeback process with my bank just in case so i am going to see that through as well just in case i dont get my money back as promised. i called them yesterday and they took down a very detailed account of the situation and now sent me a dispute form through the post to fill out and provide evidence with so im wating for this to turn up. contact your bank and explain everything.

gather all the evidence and be prepared which is what i am doing. im promised a refund so lets see what happens., feel free to read through my post if you like.

good luck!
Hi fileexit,

Could you please kindly send me your order number for re-checking ?

Hopefully, i am able to help you at this matter

Gearbest Store Rep.Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
I see quite a few deals posted on here for Gearbest and almost as many complaints of faulty products or bad service. I think I'll stay away from them.
Bigfootpete2 h, 1 m ago

I see quite a few deals posted on here for Gearbest and almost as many …I see quite a few deals posted on here for Gearbest and almost as many complaints of faulty products or bad service. I think I'll stay away from them.

gearbest is good for items below £10. Everytime i buy from them, it is like throwing away £10. But so far, they have delivered, and relatively quality products (to the price of course). This is the first time i tried to up the stake and looks like i lost
Nasir12316 h, 31 m ago

hi @fileexit literally the same thing is happening to me!bought a phone …hi @fileexit literally the same thing is happening to me!bought a phone it was faulty and after a lot of backwards and forwards with the communication they told me to return to the address they first told you to. it got rejected and they then said sorry our error bla bla and gave me an updated address. however i have not sent it back to the new address provided by them and going by your experience im glad i didnt.so here is where i stand at the moment and i think you could do the same:1) theres a gearbest rep on here called Alice under the username @Gearbest1 . she has got onto my case and seems to be helping me so far lets see what she does for me. i have tagged her so hopefully she can help you2) i have initiated the chargeback process with my bank just in case so i am going to see that through as well just in case i dont get my money back as promised. i called them yesterday and they took down a very detailed account of the situation and now sent me a dispute form through the post to fill out and provide evidence with so im wating for this to turn up. contact your bank and explain everything.gather all the evidence and be prepared which is what i am doing. im promised a refund so lets see what happens., feel free to read through my post if you like.good luck!

thanks a lot for the info

i received an update from them insisting the address is correct. I called the business registered at that address and they said they never heard of Gearbest :). Looks like it is time to bring out paypal
fileexit14th Dec

where did you send it back to? i was given an address in Birminghamso you …where did you send it back to? i was given an address in Birminghamso you recovered £90 of £168? what happened to the phone?

To China.

They kept it
I am glad to confirm this issue is finally well-solved

For any further assistance, i am glad to help

Gearbest Store Rep. Alice
You can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com
fileexit15th Dec

thanks a lot for the infoi received an update from them insisting the …thanks a lot for the infoi received an update from them insisting the address is correct. I called the business registered at that address and they said they never heard of Gearbest :). Looks like it is time to bring out paypal

Wow they're giving out fake addressees and I'm still waiting to receive my phone from them
oliverkennedy104 h, 54 m ago

Wow they're giving out fake addressees and I'm still waiting to receive my …Wow they're giving out fake addressees and I'm still waiting to receive my phone from them

I don't think it is fake, I think they are just sloppy and don't put much importance on after sale service. They simply don't care
Gearbest15 h, 33 m ago

I am glad to confirm this issue is finally well-solvedFor any further …I am glad to confirm this issue is finally well-solvedFor any further assistance, i am glad to helpGearbest Store Rep. AliceYou can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com

Thanks Alice. Unfortunately the entire experience is sour. The only way to get things done is by contacting you. Talking to them is like talking to wall.

Anything from gearbest over £10 is a risk and should always be considered money down the drain.
Gearbest117 h, 12 m ago

I am glad to confirm this issue is finally well-solvedFor any further …I am glad to confirm this issue is finally well-solvedFor any further assistance, i am glad to helpGearbest Store Rep. AliceYou can contact me here : Alice@gearbest.com

Why are active on Hotukdeals but not answering the queries that come through to you?
I have been waiting for a reply ...
Harry_Potter23rd Dec

Why are active on Hotukdeals but not answering the queries that come …Why are active on Hotukdeals but not answering the queries that come through to you?I have been waiting for a reply ...

Let me check it right now

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ```
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants