Groups

Just upgraded my phone and ordered a Sony Ericsson W595 - good idea? Or Samsung Steel?

Anyone know if its a good phone? I want it for internet etc, just ordered! Currently have the Nokia 6300 and I hate it!

Vodafone say I have 14 days once I get it to change my mind though. It was either that or the Smasung Steel

3 Comments

I was about to buy this phone but thought that the white/dark pink version (which was the only one available on o2) looked a bit too girly so went for the the C510 instead.

I tried out the internet on the W595 and it was good but the speed will vary greatly depending on where you are. My current C510 is very fast when I am in 3G areas which I am usually not (only ever got it around Stratford), but I usually only get normal signal even when in other large towns in which case it is slow.

The internet when you are in the right area is excellent but don't expect iphone quality internet because the screen is quite small.

You can check high speed internet coverage in your area ]here but the maps are not always very accurate.

Original Poster

Russ2626;5229371

I was about to buy this phone but thought that the white/dark pink … I was about to buy this phone but thought that the white/dark pink version (which was the only one available on o2) looked a bit too girly so went for the the C510 instead. I tried out the internet on the W595 and it was good but the speed will vary greatly depending on where you are. My current C510 is very fast when I am in 3G areas which I am usually not (only ever got it around Stratford), but I usually only get normal signal even when in other large towns in which case it is slow.The internet when you are in the right area is excellent but don't expect iphone quality internet because the scren is quite small.You can check high speed internet coverage in your area ]here but the maps are not always very accurate.

Thanks! I wanted a girly phone, so thats good. I have had a sony in the past which was ok, never had samsing so went for the sony. Hope I made the right choice

Make sure you check the network coverage before signing up to a mobile phone contract. This is a good site to find out how good the coverage is in you area: ukmobilecoverage.co.uk/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4862371
      2. GCSE Results day23
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27127
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846348

See more discussions