Just want to ask what do you consider a good life? Also what makes you happy. Thanks

Found 21st Dec 2017
As above. The year coming to an end and resolution etc hence the above, may be also good advice to bring up kids or in general
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
deleted1416210
A good life for me is one that doesn't involve the exploitation of people and animals.
A happy life for me is achieving this to the best of my ability by living more mindfully than ever before. A life where I can give as much as I can.
This year I gave away 2/3 of everything I own to charity, I became vegan, and I researched everything I bought in order to ensure I was being as sustainable as I could be in my life/purchasing choices.
I also began a zero waste (and plastic avoidance) journey, and have gone from producing a wheelybin of rubbish every 2 weeks to less than 1 bin bag.
I am happier than ever before. Having so much less has made me happier
I don't have my health, but acceptance is a huge thing, and being thankful for what you do have rather than what you don't is key..... I know I am truly blessed
Edited by: "deleted1416210" 21st Dec 2017
23 Comments
Is it weird that i dont know....?
I think it's about contributing to a better world than you were born into
Peace and quiet after a hectic day at work.

Silence is bliss. If I have any time on my own, I just sit, in silence, and enjoy it.
Having good health is a serious component of a ‘good life’.
No idea about a good life but things that make you happy...

Ignorance is bliss and a shopping list of horomones is all you need

• ACETYLCHOLINE: Alertness, memory, sexual performance, appetite control, release of growth hormone.
  • DOPAMINE: Feelings of bliss and pleasure, euphoric, appetite control, controlled motor movements, feel focused.
  • ENDORPHINS: Mood elevating, enhancing, euphoric. The more present, the happier you are! Natural pain killers.
  • ENKEPHALINS: Restrict transmission of pain, reduce craving, reduce depression.
  • GABA (Gamma Amino Butyric Acid): Found throughout central nervous system, anti-stress, anti-anxiety, anti-panic, anti-pain; Feel calm, maintain control, focus.
  • MELATONIN: “Rest and recuperation” and “anti-aging” hormone. Regulates body clock.
  • NOREPINEPHRINE: Excitatory, feel happy, alert, motivated. Anti-depressant, appetite control, energy, sexual arousal.
  • OXYTOCIN: Stimulated by Dopamine. Promotes sexual arousal, feelings of emotional attachment, desire to cuddle.
  • PHENYLETHYLMINE (PEA): Feelings of bliss, involved in feelings of infatuation (high levels found in chocolate).
  • SEROTONIN: Promotes and improves sleep, improves self esteem, relieves depression, diminishes craving, prevents agitated depression and worrying.
Some good things here and what about a life full of love, not essential for some I suppose
A good life is achieving happiness and giving happiness to others. Making a positive difference to the world ie making it a better place for now and the future. I want to make it a better world for our animals.
I don't say health because we aren't all born with that but we can always find happiness.
There are two different questions here.

Question 1 - what do i consider a good life?
Answer:

enough money so i dont have to work. Wake up when i want and do what i want with my time without having some pompous boss telling me what to do with my day.

enough money to pay someone else to do the tedious chores so i can spend my time doing what i like.

enough money to buy what i want and go where i want without worrying whether i can afford it or not.

so in summary, Enough money!

Question 2 - what makes me happy?
Answer:

people i love. Friends. Hanging out with people i like.
feeling healthy and energetic.
sunshine and warm weather.
eating food i like.
cycling and walking in the warm weather.
listening to my music.
watching drama or movies that i like.

and most importantly HUKD
deleted1416210
A good life for me is one that doesn't involve the exploitation of people and animals.
A happy life for me is achieving this to the best of my ability by living more mindfully than ever before. A life where I can give as much as I can.
This year I gave away 2/3 of everything I own to charity, I became vegan, and I researched everything I bought in order to ensure I was being as sustainable as I could be in my life/purchasing choices.
I also began a zero waste (and plastic avoidance) journey, and have gone from producing a wheelybin of rubbish every 2 weeks to less than 1 bin bag.
I am happier than ever before. Having so much less has made me happier
I don't have my health, but acceptance is a huge thing, and being thankful for what you do have rather than what you don't is key..... I know I am truly blessed
Edited by: "deleted1416210" 21st Dec 2017
A good life would be . If your young . Both of Your parents being there .every day. Having Education
As you grow older a stable position working or even if not working for money but even if voluntary . Making a useful day either to give to feed your family or to feed others in need. To look after elder parents to visit friends and family and don't get too stuck in work that you forget the people in your life Give to a good cause/charity and lastly take a day off the norm
I believe in the things listed also make you happy .
Having family around you, and a roof over your head
Leading a fulfilling life is the key to happiness be it in terms of raising a family, a satisfying job, achieving goals or helping others.

And a 4K UHD 65 inch OLED TV. Obvs
Happy for me is being cuddled up to a labrador with a good book!
tallpete3329 m ago

Leading a fulfilling life is the key to happiness be it in terms of …Leading a fulfilling life is the key to happiness be it in terms of raising a family, a satisfying job, achieving goals or helping others. And a 4K UHD 65 inch OLED TV. Obvs

I only have a 55
jeffsmaw31 m ago

Happy for me is being cuddled up to a labrador with a good book!

A Labrador that reads to you?
To love and to laugh
I laugh every day , if I'm not laughing as people say , I'm Ill
Don't worry about anything in life as worrying won't sort it out
Money isn't everything
I know many people better off than myself and I'm not skint and they are miserable gits
Enjoy life
Edited by: "Bradleigh" 21st Dec 2017
There is no such thing having or living good life. We are just living for the sake of living then attach various eg money, love, family life etc and think our life is good or we are happy, really? As the life passes our wishes changes, thoughts changes what made me happy few years back does not make me happy anymore, we never question it , just keep doing what are we doing and spend our whole life. That is a plain reality i guess. Sorry for this lecture giving feelings. What make me happy if i am being honest is living for those people whom i dont know, no attachment, no friends which gives me feeling of selfnessness, be it helping out on someone the road, supermarket etc, taking time of my family and working life and doing voluntary work genuinely gives me peace of mind and inner happiness. I wish i had enough money so that i could do more to help needy people whenever i could. I get inner when i try to understand someone's pain and sorrow and find a way out to help them whether i succeed or not. I can go on and on but hope you get the idea. Life is life nothing more than that i dont get too happy when i achieve something or get mad when things does not work for me, i take both things in a same way which is a part of life and it will be like this untill i die.
Those who have less are more happier than those who have more.

For me health and happiness is the most important, and the things that you desire in life to create this will change as you develop in life. Not causing any form of harm is very important to keeping the soul happy.
Live fast, die young
It’s about being happy. Doing what makes you happy and finding a person or people that enjoy sharing in that happiness with you.

Giving yourself goals to aspire to and achieve, helping others where you can (if you have time, spare some of your time, if you don’t have time but have money then spare money both is just as important to charities and good causes).

Learning from mistakes and helping others to avoid those same mistakes.

Children (either yours or others), help them through their lives and share your life experiences with them so they may be more open minded, aware and avoid making those mistakes you made.
Having a poo in peace. No one thinks about the little things
Surviving school holidays with crazy hypo arguing kids without losing my sanity or them destroying my house 🤣🤣
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions