Justice for Ched Evans as he is cleared!

109 replies
Found 14th Oct 2016
dailymail.co.uk/new…tml

He acted immorally but I never saw it as him raping the woman.

1. Misc
  2. Evans
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Evans
109 Comments

Yet nothing will happen to the accuser

Interesting times for those that ripped into him after the initial conviction.

Not a role model, but not a rapist either.

I wonder if he will seek compensation for loss of earnings or loss of potential earnings.

Original Poster

The woman never accused him!

She is guilty of getting drunk and not remembering the night.

The police pressed the rape charge.

I'm a great supporter of the police but in this case a drunk and debauched night out by all involved should never have been treated as rape.
He behaved badly but he isn't a rapist.

OP, I might have missed something but what consent was she proven to have given?

Scandalous that the previous sexual partners were allowed to give evidence, as if to suggest she was sexually promiscuous.

This will make it even more difficult for rape victims to come forward.

Just because you do one thing with one partner does not mean that's what you would do with another.

Even if she had regular 4 somes with previous partners cannot be used against a rape victim.

So if a woman got raped by multi people, and in a future trial it transpired she loved group sex, will that be painted to make it that maybe it wasn't rape as she was into group sex.

Like I said, Scandalous of the judge to allow such a decision.
Edited by: "EN1GMA" 14th Oct 2016

Justice? I don't know if he did it, but allowing the questioning of her former partners is wrong.
He is an poor role model and treated the women as an object to be played with at the very least.
What a thoroughly despicable human being he is.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

OP, I might have missed something but what consent was she proven to have … OP, I might have missed something but what consent was she proven to have given?

So we now need to have proven consent for everytime a sexual encounter occurs? Wow, I'm gonna have to go and invest in a sheet of paper.

Sebas111

So we now need to have proven consent for everytime a sexual encounter … So we now need to have proven consent for everytime a sexual encounter occurs? Wow, I'm gonna have to go and invest in a sheet of paper.

I'm asking what consent was shown to be given by Evans.

If you're asking whether you need consent from a sexual partner, the answer is yes.

isthatreduced

Justice? I don't know if he did it, but allowing the questioning of her … Justice? I don't know if he did it, but allowing the questioning of her former partners is wrong. He is an poor role model and treated the women as an object to be played with at the very least. What a thoroughly despicable human being he is.

He went out and had some drinks. The lady in question also had drinks. They hooked up. Does this not occur every weekend in towns up and down the country?

You have no idea how she was treated as she apparently doesn't remember the incident herself so can't say how she was treated.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

I'm asking what consent was shown to be given by Evans. If you're asking … I'm asking what consent was shown to be given by Evans. If you're asking whether you need consent from a sexual partner, the answer is yes.

Ok, so if your current partner (I'm making the assumption that you are in a relationship), claimed that you had raped them. How would you be able to prove your innocence and that they consented?

Sebas111

So we now need to have proven consent for everytime a sexual encounter … So we now need to have proven consent for everytime a sexual encounter occurs? Wow, I'm gonna have to go and invest in a sheet of paper.

Thats going to be interesting. Does consent have to given or is consent presumed and rape is when the woman says no for example.

I'm sure Facebook can create something to update ones profile (_;)

Sebas111

Ok, so if your current partner (I'm making the assumption that you are in … Ok, so if your current partner (I'm making the assumption that you are in a relationship), claimed that you had raped them. How would you be able to prove your innocence and that they consented?

What consent was proven to have been given to Evans? It's a simple question isn't it?

Sebas111

Ok, so if your current partner (I'm making the assumption that you are in … Ok, so if your current partner (I'm making the assumption that you are in a relationship), claimed that you had raped them. How would you be able to prove your innocence and that they consented?

Evidently by getting them sh*tfaced/spiking them, and leaving the hotel via the back door.

Sebas111

Then there's the question of independent witnesses who saw this consent given... (_;)

EN1GMA

Then there's the question of independent witnesses who saw this consent … Then there's the question of independent witnesses who saw this consent given... (_;)

Can't understand if that's a swipe at my comment or the person to whom I was replying

gbmcginty

Evidently by getting them sh*tfaced/spiking them, and leaving the hotel … Evidently by getting them sh*tfaced/spiking them, and leaving the hotel via the back door.

We do not know if the drinks were spiked. And a footballer leaving through the back door is normal.

If she cannot remember what happened, and it's not been proved the drink was spiked then I'm not sure what a jury can do.

If a woman is totally drunk, the idea would be the guy to just not have sex with her. If he does, she sabers up and then can't remember how she got there, the guy getting arrested for rape

Sebas111

Can't understand if that's a swipe at my comment or the person to whom I … Can't understand if that's a swipe at my comment or the person to whom I was replying

No swiping seb, just saying how ridiculous this is going to go. Like you said, shall we start carrying consent forms, maybe video recording the consent.

EN1GMA

We do not know if the drinks were spiked. And a footballer leaving … We do not know if the drinks were spiked. And a footballer leaving through the back door is normal. If she cannot remember what happened, and it's not been proved the drink was spiked then I'm not sure what a jury can do. If a woman is totally drunk, the idea would be the guy to just not have sex with her. If he does, she sabers up and then can't remember how she got there, the guy getting arrested for rape

Sets a very questionable basis for drunk women being able to give consent. What a disgusting series of events.

Note to potential rapist here on hotUK, invest in one of those memory wipers from men in black and a pair of shades

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Sets a very questionable basis for drunk women being able to give … Sets a very questionable basis for drunk women being able to give consent. What a disgusting series of events.

How about we educate guys that if a women is drunk, she cannot give consent. That's the safest option.

EN1GMA

No swiping seb, just saying how ridiculous this is going to go. Like you … No swiping seb, just saying how ridiculous this is going to go. Like you said, shall we start carrying consent forms, maybe video recording the consent.

Fair enough, appreciate you clearing that up

Like I said before, it's Scandalous the judge allowed testimonies from the woman's previous partners. Wtf has that got to do with being raped??! Judge should be vilified for that decision.

EN1GMA

How about we educate guys that if a women is drunk, she cannot give … How about we educate guys that if a women is drunk, she cannot give consent. That's the safest option.

I absolutely agree. There's also the question of the financial inducements offered by Evans's defence team.

EN1GMA

Like I said before, it's Scandalous the judge allowed testimonies from … Like I said before, it's Scandalous the judge allowed testimonies from the woman's previous partners. Wtf has that got to do with being raped??! Judge should be vilified for that decision.

It's absolutely disgusting what the judge as done. Bringing former partners forward puts rape victims on trail.

Ched Evans arrived at Cardiff Crown Court with his fiancee Natasha Massey, look what her millionaire fathers money can buy, Freedom (_;)

summerof76

Ched Evans arrived at Cardiff Crown Court with his fiancee Natasha … Ched Evans arrived at Cardiff Crown Court with his fiancee Natasha Massey, look what her millionaire fathers money can buy, Freedom (_;)

That's questionable. I think Evans has plenty of his own money to be paying for the legal team he has.

The prosecution had insufficient evidence with which to find him guilty of rape.

In my opinion it was a dodgy case from the start. I'm not getting into whether he actually did it or not but he has admitted he slept with her so evidence may have been there of that. The only question is, did she consent? There's 3 people that know the answer to that and unfortunately no way to prove this categorically.

Don't get me wrong I despise rapists but to convict someone as the victim couldn't remember yet remembered consenting to the other bloke doesn't hold water.

You do have to question why the judge allowed the testimonies from the victims previous partners. They should be bloody named too. Cowards.

Judge should be reprimanded. Full investigation. You cannot have a rape victims previous partners giving evidence to show the victims sex life as if to say that's some justification. I'm bloody seething at the decision from the judge.

Evans admitted that he never spoke to the woman in between lying to get the key, having sex with her and then sneaking out a fire exit.

So what consent is there?

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Evans admitted that he never spoke to the woman in between lying to get … Evans admitted that he never spoke to the woman in between lying to get the key, having sex with her and then sneaking out a fire exit.So what consent is there?

The consent came from his mate asking the woman can my mate join in to which she replied yeah or gave consent. I mean bless him, he got his mate to ask permission (_;)

Imagine, little ched Evans, standing there, seeing his mate have sex, and only joining in when given permission. I mean he didn't get permission when he sneaked in the room but wait, got permission before sex with the woman.

EN1GMA

The consent came from his mate asking the woman can my mate join in to … The consent came from his mate asking the woman can my mate join in to which she replied yeah or gave consent. I mean bless him, he got his mate to ask permission (_;)Imagine, little ched Evans, standing there, seeing his mate have sex, and only joining in when given permission. I mean he didn't get permission when he sneaked in the room but wait, got permission before sex with the woman.

Not only is this whole thing thoroughly distasteful, but I don't think it's a great day for future victims of rape.

But then we had a whole thread on Donald Trump boasting of groping women without consent that was dismissed by some as locker room banter so it's been a bad week all round for people who care about that type of thing.

Edited by: "HotEnglishAndWelshDeals" 14th Oct 2016

EN1GMA

You do have to question why the judge allowed the testimonies from the … You do have to question why the judge allowed the testimonies from the victims previous partners. They should be bloody named too. Cowards. Judge should be reprimanded. Full investigation. You cannot have a rape victims previous partners giving evidence to show the victims sex life as if to say that's some justification. I'm bloody seething at the decision from the judge.

I agree whole heartedly with that. Whatever the young lady got up to in the bedroom with previous partners is completely irrelevant to the case.

People standing trial for crimes are afforded the luxury of not having past convictions mentioned.

EN1GMA

You do have to question why the judge allowed the testimonies from the … You do have to question why the judge allowed the testimonies from the victims previous partners. They should be bloody named too. Cowards. Judge should be reprimanded. Full investigation. You cannot have a rape victims previous partners giving evidence to show the victims sex life as if to say that's some justification. I'm bloody seething at the decision from the judge.

It's called a "character witness". If we were to ban the courts from doing this, how is this acceptable for those that are wrongly accused? If it was so deplorable, why did the jury find him innocent? It's strange how those who blindly accepted the verdict of the last jury now question the validity of the jury who were presented with more evidence.

Banned

Fanpages why haven't you posted the link to my earlier thread in here yet?

EN1GMA

How about we educate guys that if a women is drunk, she cannot give … How about we educate guys that if a women is drunk, she cannot give consent. That's the safest option.

I have to agree with this, both men and women should not engage in sex if one or both are over intoxicated. that cannot be policed, but like you say its our responsibility to make sure our kids understand limits.

Sebas111

https://i1.wp.com/i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu90/vanessa68_2009/Macros%20and%20gifs/CherylLaugh.gif

I cannot comment on the verdict as I haven't scrutinised all the relevant evidence. We have to place faith in our judicial system to decide such matters.

Treboeth

Interesting times for those that ripped into him after the initial … Interesting times for those that ripped into him after the initial conviction.Not a role model, but not a rapist either.

He was a convicted rapist at that time though; yes he's been cleared now but he was convicted by judge and jury - albeit wrongly - but imagine if he lost this appeal? Playing devils advocate obviously but I don't think people boasting because they 'always stood by him' etc will help. At the very least it might make someone in a similar position think twice about how their actions could be perceived.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

I'm asking what consent was shown to be given by Evans. If you're asking … I'm asking what consent was shown to be given by Evans. If you're asking whether you need consent from a sexual partner, the answer is yes.

Consent is usually given through gestures and eye contact from my experience rather than yes and no. X)

I'm not sure how "she gave me the eyes" would stand up in court

But wasn't the reason why the previous partners were called to give evidence because they had a direct bearing on the prosecutions case given that the victim went straight to the home of one of the witnesses? And consent must be obtained formally? Consent can be explicit or implied. If two people start getting amorous shall we say and kissing and more sometimes it happens without a formal contract being signed if you can remember that far back? If she says no once then that is clear that any consent is withdrawn but not being there how do you know she said no anymore than she did not? Because she regretted the incident? That doesn't make him a rapist. And a woman that was able to run back in high heels and pick up a pizza box off the floor was making conscious decisions and in good control of her body. The argument that she is not capable to consent because she had a drink is flawed. I don't know anyone at university who didn't go out for a few drinks and end up in bed with someone else in halls. Both men and women. Both consented both had mixed feelings the following day and on occasion serious regrets. Alcohol influences decisions and even makes some people appear more attractive and the next day regrets can range from people not appearing quite how you remembered them last night to feeling like you were only used for pleasure and now they got what they want the person is actually a bit of a d***. These are regrets. They are not a reason to file a rape claim against someone. If you can't handle yourself when in drink and make decisions you regret then don't do it. But don't ruin someone else's life. I would accept any claim of rape if there was evidence the person was drugged or completely unable to make a conscious decision because they were comatose from alcohol but that would involve being dragged there practically unconscious not walking around a hotel lobby hoping you are going to get famous while you wait for a mystery man to arrive and then decide you couldn't decide the next day.
Edited by: "frank321" 14th Oct 2016

sweeten16

Consent is usually given through gestures and eye contact from my … Consent is usually given through gestures and eye contact from my experience rather than yes and no. X)I'm not sure how "she gave me the eyes" would stand up in court

When you sneak into a hotel room and your mate is already having sex with a woman, I think the etiquette is somewhat different.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why Can't I Get BT Showcase on Freeview?11
    2. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    3. Computer upgrades67
    4. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77

See more discussions