EXPIRED

Justice or Injustice - Homes Bulldozed In Jerusalem

It is sickening to read this story about the Palestinians!

There is renewed tension in East Jerusalem after claims Israelis are increasing efforts to "Judaise" Arab neighbourhoods, or claim them for Jews.

In recent weeks, several Palestinians have seen their homes demolished and one family has been evicted from a house they lived in for 52 years, to allow radical Jewish settlers to move in.

During one demolition in East Jerusalem, a helmeted Israeli paramilitary border policeman was filmed apparently headbutting an unarmed Palestinian woman, inflaming passions further.

Israeli police say the incident is being investigated.

Israeli authorities want to demolish 88 Palestinian homes to expand a deeply controversial archaeological park.

The site is one of the world's most sensitive pieces of real estate, in the shadow of the Temple Mount, which is both Judaism's most holy place and Islam's third most sacred shrine.

Despite this, the Israeli government has given control of the archaeological park to radical Jewish settlers who explicitly state their aim as claiming the entire area for Jews.

Click on this link to read more:
news.sky.com/sky…ies

15 Comments

Justice or Injustice

Neither, just more controversy, more inflammatory actions, more violence and more bloodshed.

I can't make a judgement until I get both sides of the story. The media have a habit of spinning these stories to make them more than they are. I remember a few years back that a CNN cameraman planted a "dead" body and claimed Israeli soldiers killed the man. Unfortunately for the reporter, the man was filmed later with his family railing against the Jews. Resurrections do happen in Jerusalem! Anyway, let's see what else comes out of the story.

Predikuesi;3749771

I can't make a judgement until I get both sides of the story. The media … I can't make a judgement until I get both sides of the story. The media have a habit of spinning these stories to make them more than they are. I remember a few years back that a CNN cameraman planted a "dead" body and claimed Israeli soldiers killed the man. Unfortunately for the reporter, the man was filmed later with his family railing against the Jews. Resurrections do happen in Jerusalem! Anyway, let's see what else comes out of the story.

cnn and fox news= propaganda

wish people would look at the plight of the palestinians, they are a supressed race in their own country, treated worse than 2nd class citizens.
this is a zionist extermination of the palestinian people and the world lets it happen, history was unkind to the people with the jewish faith so they should be best to understand not to treat people this way.
for not wanting to sound anti semitic this is the same kind of things the nazis did to the jews, unfortunately peace has little chance in this region because life is consumed by religion and greed by israel for land.

Banned

irshybar;3751429

wish people would look at the plight of the palestinians, they are a … wish people would look at the plight of the palestinians, they are a supressed race in their own country, treated worse than 2nd class citizens.this is a zionist extermination of the palestinian people and the world lets it happen, history was unkind to the people with the jewish faith so they should be best to understand not to treat people this way.for not wanting to sound anti semitic this is the same kind of things the nazis did to the jews, unfortunately peace has little chance in this region because life is consumed by religion and greed by israel for land.

For someone not wanting to sound anti Semitic you've not done a very good job!

guv;3751545

For someone not wanting to sound anti Semitic you've not done a very good … For someone not wanting to sound anti Semitic you've not done a very good job!

the whole 'anti semetic' jibe is becoming a little transparent considering most Arab's are Semite! zionism = maniulting Judaism for financial gain

[url]www.nkusa.org[/url]

Banned

rugger-tyke;3751749

the whole 'anti semetic' jibe is becoming a little transparent … the whole 'anti semetic' jibe is becoming a little transparent considering most Arab's are Semite! zionism = maniulting Judaism for financial gain[url]www.nkusa.org[/url]

There's much on here that's very transparent.

considering the zionst controlled media from the metro to sky news is focusing on the 'zimbbwean plight', the people who use the media to feed the brain know nothing about the 'Palestinian problem', this is due to the biased media plagueing the land.

Press TV Sky Digital 515 - proper media

guv;3751774

you're not an intellectual, far from it. Baseing opinion upon what you read in the gutter press is a sign of extreme non intellect. Do you know who Noam Chomsky and Norman Finkelstein are ? the latter is the son of a Holocaust victim and survivor who lost most of his relatives during the nazi reign yet he was removed from De Paul University for 'anti semitism' because he exposed the liar paul derschowitz! anti semitism ?|http://www.cpcml.ca/images2008/latuff_anti_semitism.jpg

Banned

guv;3751774

rugger-tyke;3751776

considering the zionst controlled media from the metro to sky news is … considering the zionst controlled media from the metro to sky news is focusing on the 'zimbbwean plight', the people who use the media to feed the brain know nothing about the 'Palestinian problem', this is due to the biased media plagueing the land.Press TV Sky Digital 515 - proper media

rugger-tyke;3751838

you're not an intellectual, far from it. Baseing opinion upon what you … you're not an intellectual, far from it. Baseing opinion upon what you read in the gutter press is a sign of extreme non intellect. Do you know who Noam Chomsky and Norman Finkelstein are ? the latter is the son of a Holocaust victim and survivor who lost most of his relatives during the nazi reign yet he was removed from De Paul University for 'anti semitism' because he exposed the liar paul derschowitz! anti semitism ?|

Like i said. Transparent.

Banned

NASH you speak the truth

Banned

jonnyq;3826916

it is a shame that a lot of the mainstream media show a slanted view of … it is a shame that a lot of the mainstream media show a slanted view of things and it's sad that this issue is brushed aside so easily by some

So basically you think ]the media shouldn't have covered the missiles fired into Israel yesterday by Hamas?

Banned

jonnyq;3827235

loaded question - thanks for that

My pleasure.:p

i didn't say (or imply) any form of censorship - but clearly there is a … i didn't say (or imply) any form of censorship - but clearly there is a bias by a lot of media and people rely on this i did say 'not relating to any links posted on here' - as inevitably the issue will be a wider one - as you well know, guv

To be honest, I tend to look at a large cross section of reports and as far as the bias is concerned, thats clearly in the eyes of whoever is reading. The BBC is often accused of being anti-israeli, yet will come under fire for being anti-palestian for a news story that shows missiles being launched by Hamas!

I know full well that Israel are not all sweet and innocent. I guess my issue here is the one sided slant that seems to be the norm in this forum when it surrounds religion. Personally I've never started one of the threads of this kind and if I'm honest, I'd prefer they weren't.

guv;3827302

My pleasure.:pTo be honest, I tend to look at a large cross section of … My pleasure.:pTo be honest, I tend to look at a large cross section of reports and as far as the bias is concerned, thats clearly in the eyes of whoever is reading. The BBC is often accused of being anti-israeli, yet will come under fire for being anti-palestian for a news story that shows missiles being launched by Hamas!I know full well that Israel are not all sweet and innocent. I guess my issue here is the one sided slant that seems to be the norm in this forum when it surrounds religion. Personally I've never started one of the threads of this kind and if I'm honest, I'd prefer they weren't.

i understand - the person reading the news is important (but the media does influence, that goes without saying)

and i dunno about these (and other) forums and quite frankly - i can form my own opinion and i'm sure you can too

let's not conflate issues of religion and stuff - i know there are links between them - but it is probably better to stick to the issue at hand

there is not a lot else to add - i've read the sort of things (both sides of the argument) say and it usually ends up getting v. heated

Religion should and has nothing to do with what effectively is a humanitarian issue. Leaving aside points of land and borders even (which actually has been the real flashpoint from day one), it is clear in terms of innocent civilian body count there is an aggressor (Israel), who overwhelmingly has been shown to only value the lives of its own people. Some ignorant and hardheaded people might be inclined to say an eye for an eye (i.e. they fire rockets/they send suicide bombers) - but when the life taken in (what amounts to) revenge is of a innocent, and when the number of such lives taken is on a unprecedented scale, it is nothing but genocide.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2243
    2. Walnut snip: Nestlé cuts nut out of chocolate after prices surge - The Guar…1517
    3. GOT Leaks again415
    4. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1212

See more discussions