Expired

kandean/kandeen? options for kitchen floor

Found 28th Jan 2014
Hey everyone

hope everyone is well. wanted to get some ideas about our kitchen floor and whats availble apart from tiles or vinyl. Ive heard of something called Kandeen/kandean which is like vinyl but more toughend and durable. definately do not want lwood flooring.

anyone heard of it? anyone got it? if so, you happy with the product. any reliable sellers in the North West? OH keeps on changing her mind of what she wants as we are moving out in about a years time so if I go for tiling on floor, it will obviously have to have under floor heating.

just trying to get ideas of costings.

or if anyone has got any other suggestions then im all ears...
Community Updates
8 Comments
Karndean is ace. My old dear has done the hall, kitchen and conservatory with it. IT isn't cheap, but after 7 year of 2 German Shepherds hammering it, it still looks like new. Doesn't click or tap like laminate flooring.

Edited by: "Derby_Lad" 28th Jan 2014
It's Karndean and although I don't have it myself it is supposed to be very good quality and pricey.
The flooring we have just had installed is similar - Amtico Spacia - and looks very nice (we went for stone effect).
Neither are really for the budget conscious.
I've been looking at this for the Bathroom,if you go on their website you can order free samples.
Karndean was recommended to me the other day.
I did see it but it wasn't for me.
I'm sure there will be a bathroom or kitchen showroom locally who sell it, I live in a small place and we do X)
Definitely have a good look before buying.
I know people who swear by it but I've decided to go for something else.
Original Poster
appreciated for the answers.
Ar460rn

It's Karndean and although I don't have it myself it is supposed to be … It's Karndean and although I don't have it myself it is supposed to be very good quality and pricey.The flooring we have just had installed is similar - Amtico Spacia - and looks very nice (we went for stone effect).Neither are really for the budget conscious.

Amtico is great.
My grandparents house has 30 year old amtico flooring in the kitchen and it's still going strong, and will keep on going for a long time to come by the looks of it.
Make sure you get it fitted well and it will last a lifetime.
The sales are on at the moment but you can still haggle.
I chose tiles with underfloor heating for my ensuite and laminate for the family bathroom.
Tiles are too cold without underfloor heating imo and the budget won't stretch to tiles and underfloor heating in the family bathroom so a good quality laminate is the perfect solution for us.
I LOVE the tiles for my ensuite. So happy and a great bargain.
Go to the independent bathroom places as well as the big names. You might be pleasantly surprised by the prices and the service too.
Original Poster
Amtico, will be checking that out too. again, appreciation for the help.
Having my kitchen extension, hopefully in the next few months. We did the kitchen when we moved in 25yrs ago.

Not many of these products were about then, we bought top quality vinyl flooring, John Lewis. It has outlasted the kitchen, still looks as good as new. No worn marks or tears. Warm on the feet. Not something many people consider any longer oO

Lots more options this time.....my head hurts
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants