Found 9th Jan 2015
Can you really open and maintain a Barclays account for £1 or has that changed?
Having it shutdown for lack of account activity is not a problem as I'm thinking of getting the free Kaspersky licence.
How many machines is the current deal valid on?

16 Comments

I had it running on 3 machines plus 2 phones and a tablet for the Barclays app

Original Poster Banned

stuarthanley

I had it running on 3 machines plus 2 phones and a tablet for the … I had it running on 3 machines plus 2 phones and a tablet for the Barclays app

Right so 3 windows licences plus 3 android?
Is that about right?

That was everything I owned. It may have had more licences than that.

It's on the FAQ page on the Barclays website IIRC.

Original Poster Banned

Transformers

It's on the FAQ page on the Barclays website IIRC.

Thanks. Just checked and it states 3 user licence for the main product and a single user licence for mobile device/tablet.

So just the matter of how much to open an account left to be answered I guess.

Is it a good product? Kaspersky? Wife's got barclay account so I'm sure she qualifies.

The internet security is 3 per licence, also get a separate mobile licence for 1 mobile. But if you then add someone to the account to make it a joint account then you get 2 sets of licences.

The licences are just for one year, you need to renew it each year which you will need to keep the Barclays account open for as they check you still have an account

Villa

Thanks. Just checked and it states 3 user licence for the main product … Thanks. Just checked and it states 3 user licence for the main product and a single user licence for mobile device/tablet.So just the matter of how much to open an account left to be answered I guess.

I think you can open it with a £1. I would phone Barclays in the morning and ask them, to double-check.

Original Poster Banned

EN1GMA

Is it a good product? Kaspersky? Wife's got barclay account so I'm sure … Is it a good product? Kaspersky? Wife's got barclay account so I'm sure she qualifies.

I've tried a bunch and this is the one I always come back to.
Not as light weight as it used to be; seems to hog more system resources with each new annual release.

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for the help all.

save the quid and use avast or one of the countless other free decent programmes alongside a firewall and regular malware scans theres no need for other bloatware.

Original Poster Banned

blueoctober

save the quid and use avast or one of the countless other free decent … save the quid and use avast or one of the countless other free decent programmes alongside a firewall and regular malware scans theres no need for other bloatware.

No thanks.
I have that kind of setup going on a spare rarely used computer and I don't like it.
I've tried pretty much all the main premium internet security suites and Kaspersky has consistently been the best.
For me, the free software doesn't have the flexibility nor the functionality that I need from a premium package.
But thanks for the suggestion.

seems pretty pointless to set up a new bank account to get a AV code which you could get off eBay for about 20 quid.

Comodo ice dragon browser and common sense. Avast and malwarebytes. Iv never had any issues.

What is it you want do with the AV programme?

Load it on and forget about it. Avast may have a few 'buy the enhanced version' pop ups... but its free, quick and updated most days.

blueoctober

Comodo ice dragon browser and common sense. Avast and malwarebytes. Iv … Comodo ice dragon browser and common sense. Avast and malwarebytes. Iv never had any issues.What is it you want do with the AV programme? Load it on and forget about it. Avast may have a few 'buy the enhanced version' pop ups... but its free, quick and updated most days.

Kaspersky is quick and requires less resources than nearly every other AV program. There are recent tests which show this, on the new KIS 2015 version.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315389
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322822
    3. word association Game74244867
    4. EA shuts down Visceral Games.45

See more discussions