Kaspersky coming to end

Found 31st Jan
Hi all,

My Kaspersky internet security coming to an end. Was free from Barclays but not anymore.
Any suggestions? Saw some on ebay for £3.75 but hard to trust them.

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
AskSoftware & Apps
9 Comments
Never had a problem so should work fine
Windows defender. Why would you use anything other that Microsoft to implement anti virus. It's free. Don't have to worry about if the 3rd party software is safe and no back doors or vulnerabilities. What the security people I listen to say.
Speaking of trust, I thought it had been decided that Kaspersky had been used as a spying tool by Russia? I have a free anti-virus from my ISP, which ISP are you with?
Windows Defender is all you need.
Original Poster
milady6 h, 22 m ago

Speaking of trust, I thought it had been decided that Kaspersky had been …Speaking of trust, I thought it had been decided that Kaspersky had been used as a spying tool by Russia? I have a free anti-virus from my ISP, which ISP are you with?

Virgin
Original Poster
BailOut4 h, 5 m ago

Windows Defender is all you need.

Is that for real?
haa05184 h, 48 m ago

Is that for real?

Yeah. Anti-viruses are pretty much useless and just memory-hoggers. They do nothing against 0-day vulnerabilities.
Original Poster
BailOut4 h, 44 m ago

Yeah. Anti-viruses are pretty much useless and just memory-hoggers. They …Yeah. Anti-viruses are pretty much useless and just memory-hoggers. They do nothing against 0-day vulnerabilities.

Does that apply to kaspersky internet security aswell?
Yes. It just has so many unnecessary components that drain resources in the background. If you don’t want to get a virus just don’t click on any dodgy links or download random things you don’t need. Also get Adblock for your browser.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions