Kaspersky Internet Security via eBay - Is it safe?

Found 5th Apr
Hi. Saw this hotukdeals.com/dea…652 and wanted to know if this is safe to purchase? My Kaspersky is running out soon, so I need something like this on my MacBook urgently. Has anyone purchased one from eBay before? I usually get mine direct from Kaspersky.
Community Updates
6 Comments
I haven't purchased this from eBay before but don't see the problem - it's only a license code for Kaspersky so it's just a question of whether you trust Kaspersky or not. I've used this software in the past without a problem
Edited by: "jamie015" 6th Apr
My Barclays license expired a couple of weeks ago and I got a three PC license off Ebay US for about £8. It works fine.
Use windows defender. It's perfectly OK and free and what the security people recommend.. Well that's what I hear on security podcasts and they been saying it for a few years now
Ok thanks everyone. May just take the plunge and order from eBay. It's a shame it's 2017 version and not the 2018 for that price
Do you really need an AV on a Mac? I don't use it on mine. Just don't go on dodgy websites, download dodgy software or click on links in emails. Basic precautions that are usually enough. Even on Windows...

There are risks on Mac but they're very low (if you follow my tips above you reduce the risk even more) and I wouldn't see getting an AV on Mac as a matter of urgency at all.

The AV will keep working even after the license is expired. It just won't update virus definitions.

You can use online scanners if you're worried about an infection anyway.

The eBay sellers generally just send you the license code so they don't supply you with the software directly, unless they specify they are sending a physical copy of the software.

You'll download the AV from Kaspersky so no risks.

@wayners he's using a Mac. No Windows Defender on Mac
Edited by: "hearts22" 6th Apr
sazzopardi197111 h, 48 m ago

Ok thanks everyone. May just take the plunge and order from eBay. It's a …Ok thanks everyone. May just take the plunge and order from eBay. It's a shame it's 2017 version and not the 2018 for that price

The licence should be valid for the 2018 version too. Usually each licence key lasts for one year.
If in doubt, you could always install 2017, put in your licence, then run the 2018 installer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions