Groups

keep getting calls but withheld anything i can do?

hi keep getting calls on my house phone go to pick it up they hand up. is there anything i can do whats free to stop this? please let me no if you can help thanks

11 Comments

Sorry i'll try to stop it now.

i have a block on callers withholding their number. only costs an extra £1 a month

have you settting up with your phone provider caller reject to those who withheld the number ?

You tried speaking to your service provider?

Original Poster

no thing but these past few days been getting alot of miss calls and hanging up

Banned

report them as nuisance calls, this is free, and they will block them

it;s likely to be from one number (your provider CAN see the number and block it)

just need the time of one of the calls, to guide them to it

I registered with this:
    tpsonline.org.uk/tps/
    And it stopped my silent calls and missed calls. Was having loads over a space of a few weeks and it must have been a company as they stopped a week after I registered on this site. Won't stop all calls but even a reduction or to rule out a company calling would be a first step

These are marketing calls, they automatically dial a handfull of numbers at once, they first one to answer is passed to an operator the other lines are disconnected.
    Register with the Telephone Preference Service to stop marketing calls.

someone once said keep a whistle by the phone and blow it straight away in their ear - not sur eif that any help - is there a number you can use to stop getting calls from numbers you odn't know ? I know its drastic - but if you used it for a couple of weeks then went back to normal it might help?

Original Poster

thanks for your help

virgin media do this to get an extra quid per month out of you
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow33
      2. What would be HELL to you?2951
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1020
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767357

See more discussions