Keep taking girl's earrings off for P.E - ideas to avoid this apart from plasters?

Posted 20th Sep
Are there any brainwaves to avoid having to take off earrings for girls PE sessions - apart from permanently removing them, and plasters which are not fun to remove afterward for them

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Maybe just not wearing earrings to school at all would be a good solution?
21 Comments
I'm guessing the piercings haven't healed? No real solutions arart from plasters.
If you find plasters stick too well you could try micropore tape?
Why not just take the earrings out before school on PE days?
Toddlers ears pierced, wonder how long that's going to be legal & not deemed mutilation for!? (general thought).
Haircut_10020/09/2019 10:39

Come on, that's too easy.
Maybe just not wearing earrings to school at all would be a good solution?
How about electrical tape, can get some nice colours, that's what we use for taping up rings in work
Mr_Gus20/09/2019 11:18

Toddlers ears pierced, wonder how long that's going to be legal & not …Toddlers ears pierced, wonder how long that's going to be legal & not deemed mutilation for!? (general thought).

I hate seeing young babies with ears pierced, let children decide for themselves when they're old enough. It's like saying "this kid is my property and it's about what *I* want for them".

Yep, you get dressed every morning before school, surely not wearing certain things on a school day isn't a great heartbreak. The school I went to made you scrub off any makeup and hooped earrings especially weren't allowed - but surely that's for obvious reasons!!
parental fixations projected upon the kids... endless cycle.

take the damn ear rings out & get some practise inserting them, after p.e.
Amazon sell clear "invisible" stud earrings.

Because sense is far from common.
My school used to use masking tape. Almost a decade ago now!
louiselouise20/09/2019 12:49

I hate seeing young babies with ears pierced, let children decide for …I hate seeing young babies with ears pierced, let children decide for themselves when they're old enough. It's like saying "this kid is my property and it's about what *I* want for them".Yep, you get dressed every morning before school, surely not wearing certain things on a school day isn't a great heartbreak. The school I went to made you scrub off any makeup and hooped earrings especially weren't allowed - but surely that's for obvious reasons!!

I think school kids are old enough too decide if they want earrings my daughter's all wanted them when they were around 1.5 too 2 years .
MynameisM20/09/2019 22:15

I think school kids are old enough too decide if they want earrings my …I think school kids are old enough too decide if they want earrings my daughter's all wanted them when they were around 1.5 too 2 years .

I was replying to MrGus' comment, which I quoted:

Mr_Gus
10 h, 59 m ago
Toddlers ears pierced, wonder how long that's going to be legal & not deemed mutilation for!? (general thought).
When I was five I ran after my school friend and accidentally ripped her stud earring out playing. She still has the rip scar down her ear as an adult.
Edited by: "mysmugcat" 20th Sep

I think school kids are old enough too decide if they want earrings my …I think school kids are old enough too decide if they want earrings my daughter's all wanted them when they were around 1.5 too 2 years .

[ primaryresources.co.uk/eng…htm ]

Ridiculous!

Yeah, my 2 year old wanted to stick a worm up his nose earlier, I should have let him because he can clearly make rational decisions.

It should be illegal to pierce babies ears, let them decide when they are of an age to understand. This certainly is not 1.5 or 2 years of age, not even close.
Have I missed something? All these posts about piercing babies?

I was assuming we are talking about a teenager who has just had ears pierced. For those of you who clearly know nothing about this, you need to keep the initial piercing in untill the hole heals up. If you take it out before the wound has healed then it is extremely difficult and painful to get it back in.

Girls doing PE have for decades worn tape over the studs they get when first pierced.
mas9921/09/2019 12:28

Have I missed something? All these posts about piercing babies?I was …Have I missed something? All these posts about piercing babies?I was assuming we are talking about a teenager who has just had ears pierced. For those of you who clearly know nothing about this, you need to keep the initial piercing in untill the hole heals up. If you take it out before the wound has healed then it is extremely difficult and painful to get it back in. Girls doing PE have for decades worn tape over the studs they get when first pierced.

It's went off on a tangent as everyone's decided to reply to Mr_Gus' point instead.

I see nothing wrong with taping up ears with masking tape, electrical tape, whatever will hold over the earlobes, it's not a huge deal, is it?

As for toddlers and piercings - my baby nephew is two in less than a month - he is just learning to speak, toddles around. So the reply about 1.5-2 year old children making conscious choices about how to adorn their body parts with piercings seems downright crazy.

If you asked a 18 months to 2 year old baby/tot to walk off a cliff they'd probably do that (not the greatest example but my point being, they don't have the awareness or even the language skills to make rational or safe decisions - they are still completely guided and influenced, for good or bad, by their parents).
Edited by: "louiselouise" 21st Sep

Yeah, right! ...tell the judge she's *clearly* competent enough to stand in court to give evidence & similar
SO, OP can the kids with ear rings simply not get practise in putting them back on their friends ear-lugs or something? ..whilst its not really a cv noteworthy skill, it's common sense.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants