Keeping cats away from plants!

21 replies
Found 3rd Jul 2008
I have always had a problem with cats in my garden. I recently planted out a new patch and whilst the soil was settling, cats kept digging it up, including mine! (grrr!). I read somewhere that they hate snakes so I bought a wooden toy snake from a toy shop and they haven't touched the area! £1.99 for safe plants!

I hope this is useful for those who have the same problem.

Ban.

21 Comments

anything for foxes, I have a staff and her favourite toy is a basketball that she burst, every time it is left in the garden over night a fox comes and uses it as a toilet, if the ball isn't their it just goes in the garden. so every morning I have to go out and clean up after the fox before I can let the dog out otherwise she will roll in the foxes presents

they just find another bit of your garden to sh#t in, cats arnt daft to be fooled with a toy snake, mine
bring dead grass snakes in and leave them on the back door step for presents ! la la la land

http://www.thestar.com/images/assets/230638_3.JPG here foxy foxy ive got something for you

It's the ********** squirrels that dig up all the seedlings and eat the bulbs in my garden!

RedIron;2451307

anything for foxes, I have a staff and her favourite toy is a basketball … anything for foxes, I have a staff and her favourite toy is a basketball that she burst, every time it is left in the garden over night a fox comes and uses it as a toilet, if the ball isn't their it just goes in the garden. so every morning I have to go out and clean up after the fox before I can let the dog out otherwise she will roll in the foxes presents

why dont you let your staffie out to get the fox :whistling:

chrysha;2451330

It's the ********** squirrels that dig up all the seedlings and eat the … It's the ********** squirrels that dig up all the seedlings and eat the bulbs in my garden!

used every swear word i know but there are too many stars

ding;2451347

used every swear word i know but there are too many stars

You're not trying hard enough!

ding;2451337

why dont you let your staffie out to get the fox :whistling:

She's too stupid, last time she decided to go after a cat she smashed into the fence and I needed to replace the panel she damaged it that badly. If I let her out at night i'd hate to think what she would do

lion or tiger turds are best. ring a zoo and ask there. btw this isnt a joke

Isnt a joke? sounds like one!!

chrysha;2451365

You're not trying hard enough!

thats what the wife tells me :whistling:
i think i have sussed it does it begin with b :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I just meant to stop them digging up the plants! If I could stop them pooing in the garden I'd be a rich lady!!! :thumbsup:

:p....

ding;2451475

thats what the wife tells me :whistling:i think i have sussed it does it … thats what the wife tells me :whistling:i think i have sussed it does it begin with b :thumbsup:

It does!

Original Poster

, lol!!#o b You lot are harsh tonight. was just trying to help, lol!

Original Poster

For some reason I can not quote, Ding, I like it!

Banana79;2451668

For some reason I can not quote, Ding, I like it!

wot did i say

chrysha;2451580

It does!

woo hoo :w00t:

The word is "Ballyawful" now go to bed.
:-D

Chopped up citrus peel works wonders with most animals, they don't like the smell!

or crushed eggshells
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Google maps on Plusnet45
    2. Is this expensive?1017
    3. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return56
    4. I posted a deal that has been removed612

See more discussions