Keeping same mobile number when transferring to new SIM card with Three from Three

Found 6th Nov 2017
Hello all,

I hope someone can answer this please?

I am currently with Three, at the end of my contract. Sim only, Pay Monthly. I requested and recieved my PAC number a couple of weeks ago.

I have ordered the great deal through Quidco - the 12 month Sim only deal which will effectively (after cashback) work out at £7.41 per month for 12gb Advanced plan.

A few years ago when I bought new sim on same provider, I had to temporarily port my number to another provider on a PAYG sim, and then port back to initial provider.

Is this still the case please, or will Three just transfer my number to the new sim?

Hope that all makes sense, and thank you in advance if you can help.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
When I did this, I told them what I was doing and they converted my old contract SIM to payG then ported the number to the new SIM themselves

Might be worth calling up and telling them your situation so they can organise it for you? was very easy.
or get a pound sim ee, with five pounds credit on eBay , transfer that way, then back too three. it is what i did
CelestialLegend6th Nov 2017

When I did this, I told them what I was doing and they converted my old …When I did this, I told them what I was doing and they converted my old contract SIM to payG then ported the number to the new SIM themselvesMight be worth calling up and telling them your situation so they can organise it for you? was very easy.

CelestialLegend6th Nov 2017

When I did this, I told them what I was doing and they converted my old …When I did this, I told them what I was doing and they converted my old contract SIM to payG then ported the number to the new SIM themselvesMight be worth calling up and telling them your situation so they can organise it for you? was very easy.

Thank you. New sims arrive in a couple of days, so I'll contact and ask Three then.
jonmarz891 h, 7 m ago

or get a pound sim ee, with five pounds credit on eBay , transfer that …or get a pound sim ee, with five pounds credit on eBay , transfer that way, then back too three. it is what i did

Thanks. I'll try direct with Three first as Sharp 7 mentions, but if they are not co-operative, will do your idea.
Thank you.
whiteston54 m ago

Thanks. I'll try direct with Three first as Sharp 7 mentions, but if they …Thanks. I'll try direct with Three first as Sharp 7 mentions, but if they are not co-operative, will do your idea.Thank you.

contact three via live chat its easier, they sorted it for me to transfer my number to a payg then to a new three contract
there should do it, o just didn't want my contract to end straight away but still needed to give 30 days notice so i could order new sim 15 days in
jonmarz8929 m ago

there should do it, o just didn't want my contract to end straight away …there should do it, o just didn't want my contract to end straight away but still needed to give 30 days notice so i could order new sim 15 days in

Thanks
ding1 h, 7 m ago

contact three via live chat its easier, they sorted it for me to transfer …contact three via live chat its easier, they sorted it for me to transfer my number to a payg then to a new three contract

Thanks. Will do.
Thank you to all who have replied.

Three are transferring my contract to PAYG in a couple of days. I will then call them to transfer back to pay monthly (year contract) sim that I bought.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants