Groups

Kefalonia in May

Just wondering if anyone has been to kefalonia in May before ? We are going on the 4th til 11th
    Need advice on temperature so no what clothes to take etc.... Are the pools warm enough at this time of year.
    Any suggestions of place to see or eat taking my fussy 4 year old with me..
    thanks rep will be given

8 Comments

Banned

I went in September two years ago so can't help you on the weather front.

Where are you staying?

I was in Zante last May which is very close to Kefalonia. The weather was fantastic, over 30 degrees everyday and hit 39 at one point!

Original Poster

Scala
    San georgio

master_chief;8076888

I went in September two years ago so can't help you on the weather … I went in September two years ago so can't help you on the weather front.Where are you staying?

mintcake;8076896

I was in Zante last May which is very close to Kefalonia. The weather was … I was in Zante last May which is very close to Kefalonia. The weather was fantastic, over 30 degrees everyday and hit 39 at one point!

I can vouch for that - we went in may 2007 to Zante and it was in the middle of a mini heat wave...High 30s! My poor skin couldn't handle it :oops:

Yes!! I did last year!

Well actually i stayed in Thasso but got moped and went to kefalonia many days out of teh 2 weeks. Went middle of may for 2 weeks. Weather was blazing yet the pools where still a bit cold, once get in though its fine

You may be lucky to even get a tropical thunderstorm!

First night there it was thunder and lightening for 2 hours with no rain!! Then about 2 o clock it lashed down, i mean like i have never seen before! Monsoon stuff, was frighteningly awesome didnt do it again totally worth it and very jealous going

in fact my avatar pic is when im there!!!! LOL

Banned

mathsnut76;8076914

Scala San georgio

Ah we stayed in Lassi so probably no help to you on places to eat. We took the obligatory island tour which our then 3 year old son liked and also the boat ride from Argostoli which he loved, especially the dolphins swimming along side the boat!

Original Poster

thanks for the replies evryone anyone else got any tips for me ?

How was the weather? Going to Scala next week but online weather reports all differ!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1121
      2. word survey57
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518
      4. It was forty years ago today......617

See more discussions