kettle to use with amazon echo

Posted 30th Apr 2017
just wondering what the best kettle would be to use with the amazon echo?
Community Updates

Groups

59 Comments
mattsokolinski

dont even try to come up with better solution... nerds with no social … dont even try to come up with better solution... nerds with no social knowledge will downvote you in a second (less than it takes to make a cuppa)

Nothing wrong with suggesting better/alternative solutions, but what you were doing was being ignorant to peoples needs and then almost arrogant in your responses.

Needless stupidity.
Edited by: "delusion" 1st May 2017
delusion

Nothing wrong with suggesting better/alternative solutions, but what you … Nothing wrong with suggesting better/alternative solutions, but what you were doing was being ignorant to peoples needs and then almost arrogant in your responses. Needless stupidity.

your nickname suits you quite well

you are not providing a solution....
FFS this amazon.co.uk/Bre…5ZJ
makes a hot cup of water in less than 30 seconds
mattsokolinski

your nickname suits you quite wellyou are not providing a solution.... … your nickname suits you quite wellyou are not providing a solution.... FFS this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Breville-VKJ142-Hot-Cup/dp/B001L5SSGQ/ref=pd_cp_79_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PKH44Q1G35WM3F7P35ZJmakes a hot cup of water in less than 30 seconds

Just give up, you seriously don't have a clue...

It's not about making a cup of tea (though it could be for some), there could be a million reasons for someone needing hot water, and a million reasons why they may find their day just a bit easier if they don't need to get up every time. Everyone's needs are going to be different, and that's what you don't seem to grasp.
Edited by: "delusion" 2nd May 2017
delusion

Just give up, you seriously don't have a clue... It's not about making a … Just give up, you seriously don't have a clue... It's not about making a cup of tea (though it could be for some), there could be a million reasons for someone needing hot water, and a million reasons why they may find their day just a bit easier if they don't need to get up every time. Everyone's needs are going to be different, and that's what you don't seem to grasp.

you havent provided a 1 decent reason for use of a wifi kettle.... so yeah...just give up because you have no foggiest idea
Just teach your kids to do it for you.
mattsokolinski

you havent provided a 1 decent reason for use of a wifi kettle.... so … you havent provided a 1 decent reason for use of a wifi kettle.... so yeah...just give up because you have no foggiest idea

My point was you are not the judge of what someone finds useful, that would mean I am not the judge either.

If you haven't worked it out yet from other people's replies I don't really get why you keep coming back to this thread, maybe post your own ask question if you are actually keen to know rather than trolling...
delusion

My point was you are not the judge of what someone finds useful, that … My point was you are not the judge of what someone finds useful, that would mean I am not the judge either.If you haven't worked it out yet from other people's replies I don't really get why you keep coming back to this thread, maybe post your own ask question if you are actually keen to know rather than trolling...

you are so out of touch with reality and life its just sad.
at what point wifi kettle becomes useful?
me an another user proved to you that you can boil water in 30-52 seconds (using far much cheaper alternatives) during which time you can take a tea bag, sugar and milk.

just because you want to be a trendy wannabe hipster doesnt mean the technology you suggest is actually useful

PS> I reply because I enjoy watching you struggle coming up with some dumb solutions... it's pure fun. you started this you need to deal with consequences, deal with it
Edited by: "mtsk" 6th May 2017
mattsokolinski

you are so out of touch with reality and life its just sad.at what point … you are so out of touch with reality and life its just sad.at what point wifi kettle becomes useful?me an another user proved to you that you can boil water in 30-52 seconds (using far much cheaper alternatives) during which time you can take a tea bag, sugar and milk.just because you want to be a trendy wannabe hipster doesnt mean the technology you suggest is actually useful PS> I reply because I enjoy watching you struggle coming up with some dumb solutions... it's pure fun. you started this you need to deal with consequences, deal with it

Ok I can now see you are actually an idiot, not a troll. A shame. Apologies for thinking you'd be capable of an adult response, I won't make that mistake again.

I get the feeling your disability is mental rather than physical and perhaps this is why you are so single minded about people's needs... If not, then you should learn to read or spend some time outside, maybe you will make a few friends.
mattsokolinski

people are creating solutions to problems we never had before

That is correct, always has been the case and always will – some that will succeed and some the will fail. In the future it is predicted a significant proportion of present primary school children will be doing jobs not even thought of yet.

mattsokolinski

to all you "smart" people please do describe a step by step scenario … to all you "smart" people please do describe a step by step scenario where a "smart" kettle (because it isnt an all in one that does everything for you) makes a life easier?

Internet Of Things (IoT) isn't that each device themselves are "smart" but modular in being able to plug into other things and work collectively is where the "smart" bit comes into the equation.
The standard definition on a smart Kettle is that you link it into an app - hypothetically perhaps you want to wake up and by the time you walk into the kitchen have the kettle already boiling. In this situation you have your IoT alarm (i.e. phone with app on) if you hit snooze it does not boil kettle. The moment you select ok it starts boiling. By the time you have got out of bed and walked into the kitchen you are ready to go.

A kettle rather than something more significant (e.g. Siemens CT636LES6) would be a hard sell to me though, but each to their own.
As this tech becomes more common, as per the current trend, it will be there more often by default on such devices. Lots of good ancedotes such as Denial of Service on washing machines in the press though whilst in its current infancy.
mattsokolinski

you geeks need to get out more, perhaps start working in healthcare to … you geeks need to get out more, perhaps start working in healthcare to see how things are working in real life

Healthcare is one of the most exciting areas for the IoT. Over the last few years activity trackers has opened up the ability for people to self-monitor (so much scope on at risk demographics here). Those doing so and making available to insurance companies are seeing health insurance premiums. Your ability to book appointments to a time that suit you without calling through and told what slot. Electronic records including transferring between differing health authorities with information on hand. The informatics available in analysing issues, Doctors in hospitals on ward not being reliant on paper but using rest services to get up to date info presented to them on their tablet and add recommendations immediately available and being processed by the required departments (meds for e.g.). Of course that is an endless list on the possibilities and all is far from being perfectly there - but this is where the tech you are questioning is heading in real life.

Edited by: "Bertz99" 7th May 2017
delusion

Ok I can now see you are actually an idiot, not a troll. A shame. … Ok I can now see you are actually an idiot, not a troll. A shame. Apologies for thinking you'd be capable of an adult response, I won't make that mistake again. I get the feeling your disability is mental rather than physical and perhaps this is why you are so single minded about people's needs... If not, then you should learn to read or spend some time outside, maybe you will make a few friends.

If im an idiot and single minded why cant you come up with a better idea. but hey can clearly see you getting angry like a child because someone is proving you wrong...

Bertz99

That is correct, always has been the case and always will – some that w … That is correct, always has been the case and always will – some that will succeed and some the will fail. In the future it is predicted a significant proportion of present primary school children will be doing jobs not even thought of yet.Internet Of Things (IoT) isn't that each device themselves are "smart" but modular in being able to plug into other things and work collectively is where the "smart" bit comes into the equation.The standard definition on a smart Kettle is that you link it into an app - hypothetically perhaps you want to wake up and by the time you walk into the kitchen have the kettle already boiling. In this situation you have your IoT alarm (i.e. phone with app on) if you hit snooze it does not boil kettle. The moment you select ok it starts boiling. By the time you have got out of bed and walked into the kitchen you are ready to go.A kettle rather than something more significant (e.g. Siemens CT636LES6) would be a hard sell to me though, but each to their own. As this tech becomes more common, as per the current trend, it will be there more often by default on such devices. Lots of good ancedotes such as Denial of Service on washing machines in the press though whilst in its current infancy.Healthcare is one of the most exciting areas for the IoT. Over the last few years activity trackers has opened up the ability for people to self-monitor (so much scope on at risk demographics here). Those doing so and making available to insurance companies are seeing health insurance premiums. Your ability to book appointments to a time that suit you without calling through and told what slot. Electronic records including transferring between differing health authorities with information on hand. The informatics available in analysing issues, Doctors in hospitals on ward not being reliant on paper but using rest services to get up to date info presented to them on their tablet and add recommendations immediately available and being processed by the required departments (meds for e.g.). Of course that is an endless list on the possibilities and all is far from being perfectly there - but this is where the tech you are questioning is heading in real life.

I'm only gonna reply to the last part.... Majority of the NHS/Healthcare still uses fax, majority of NHS/healthcare still uses pen and paper...
if we are trying to use technology it has to make a significant impact not a fcuking smart kettle that saves you 30s just because someone is to damn lazy to get up and press a button
mattsokolinski

Majority of the NHS/Healthcare still uses fax, majority of NHS/healthcare … Majority of the NHS/Healthcare still uses fax, majority of NHS/healthcare still uses pen and paper...

That's nonsense - in 2015 the white papers the NHS produce showed that they were already 64% paperless in primary care (primary being behind secondary) and that 84% of doctor entered data electronic either during or after a consultation. Both 2013 and 2015 had budget assigned to first hit 2018 being 100% paperless and then 2020.
mattsokolinski

if we are trying to use technology it has to make a significant impact … if we are trying to use technology it has to make a significant impact not a fcuking smart kettle that saves you 30s just because someone is to damn lazy to get up and press a button

In your opinion which is an ok one to have but not the only one - fortunately we live in a more expansive world than yours and if market sells an IoT kettle and someone wants to buy that IoT kettle to save them 30 seconds then what's the issue?
Edited by: "Bertz99" 7th May 2017
mattsokolinski

Majority of the NHS/Healthcare still uses fax, majority of … Majority of the NHS/Healthcare still uses fax, majority of NHS/healthcare still uses pen and paper...

mattsokolinski

if we are trying to use technology it has to make a significant impact … if we are trying to use technology it has to make a significant impact not a fcuking smart kettle that saves you 30s just because someone is to damn lazy to get up and press a button

well the 55% is an actual nonsense. Its funny how I cannot obtain my patient records who was treated lets say in london because the system they use is completely different to what I use. Do you know what the solution to this problem is.... send paper record via an expensive courier (due to data protection act)
Why do I have to send a letter of a fax to a gp (in the same area) to ask for a prescription for my patient?

having electronic records and using electronic records are two different things.
rhinopaul

Sorry are you people trolling or what. Even my 5 year old understands it. … Sorry are you people trolling or what. Even my 5 year old understands it. The difference is what happens whilst you are waiting for the kettle to boil. You are either standing around waiting as the kettle takes a lot longer than it does putting a tea bag and milk in the cup or walking back to the settee.If you tell Alexa or the app to turn on the kettle then all you are doing is sitting.

If you put the correct amount of water in the kettle, you won't be hanging around.
mattsokolinski

well the 55% is an actual nonsense.

Not sure where you got 55% - what I supplied are the published reports from the NHS CEO last year.

mattsokolinski

Its funny how I cannot obtain my patient records who was treated lets say … Its funny how I cannot obtain my patient records who was treated lets say in london because the system they use is completely different to what I use. Do you know what the solution to this problem is.... send paper record via an expensive courier (due to data protection act)

That is one solution. Another would be to use NHSmail which also happens to deal with both faxes and secure info as an NHS approved approach. The best is interoperability between systems - taking primary care as an example the two largest used is EMIS and TPP are both compatible and have been rolling that functionality out for a few years now. Beyond that that is REST Services (stateful and stateless data) which is being requested moving forward and allows each organisation to tailor to their own requirements. For an example of this in practice look at the Trafford solution.

mattsokolinski

Why do I have to send a letter of a fax to a gp (in the same area) to ask … Why do I have to send a letter of a fax to a gp (in the same area) to ask for a prescription for my patient?

Why are you asking this on HKUKDeals rather than via your own organisations Caldicott Guardian?

mattsokolinski

having electronic records and using electronic records are two different … having electronic records and using electronic records are two different things.

agree and in different area's there will be more success than others although what that has to do with someone wanting a IoT kettle is beyond me.

Edited by: "Bertz99" 8th May 2017
Bertz99

agree and in different area's there will be more success than others … agree and in different area's there will be more success than others although what that has to do with someone wanting a IoT kettle is beyond me.

perhaps most recent cyber attack will answer this for you now if you cant imagine it....let's move this IoT to something simple as digital/electronic/bluetooth locks for carers to get into the house....
more uses to a smart kettle than just switching on and off from a phone or alexa if you dont want one, dont buy one lol.
mattsokolinski

perhaps most recent cyber attack will answer this for you now if you … perhaps most recent cyber attack will answer this for you now if you cant imagine it....let's move this IoT to something simple as digital/electronic/bluetooth locks for carers to get into the house....

You do understand the ransomware was on the front end pc's which isn't IoT. In terms of kettle you would revert to using the switch. Do have to wonder your intent coupled with your profession though that you think the recent ransomware breaches is any reason for a smiling emoji regardless of irrelevance here.
So getting back to the original question... anyone got a suggestion for a smart kettle that works ok? And reasons, well rushing around like a lunatic in the morning and being able to shout to the kettle to get boiling before I go downstairs would be handy, speeding up making a drink in the ad break with live tv and probably the biggest reason of all.. just for the kicks and to get one step closer to the replicator that you find on any decent star ship
I see the iKettle3 is supposed to be directly compatible with Amazon Echo and Google assistant now. Don't think previous versions were. Reviews aren't great and quite expensive though. I'd be interested in if anyone has tried it. (I don't care about justifying why).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants