Groups

Kew gardens moomin trail

We went to the moomin trail yesterday.

At the gate they gave the small person a map, badge and small lindt chocolate chick.

On the trail they gave us a big gold lindt chocolate egg each, i think its the ones you get in the big lindor boxes.

Has anyone else been on the moomin trail? It's been running for two weeks and i just can't believe they've been handing out eggs worth at least £5 every day, i reckon it was just because yesterday was easter Sunday

20 Comments

I read it as mooning oO

Sadly couldn't make it down to Kew as the kids decided to be sick yesterday. It did clearly state on the website that you got a choc at entrance and on the trail for Easter Sunday only. Nice to hear it was actually something decent

Original Poster

Tribble

Sadly couldn't make it down to Kew as the kids decided to be sick … Sadly couldn't make it down to Kew as the kids decided to be sick yesterday. It did clearly state on the website that you got a choc at entrance and on the trail for Easter Sunday only. Nice to hear it was actually something decent

No wonder it was so packed I didn't read anything got a friends of kew membership last year and just wanted to check it out before it finished wasn't expecting much tbh the things that are free to members don't tend to be all that great

Sounds like you had a good day, wish we lived close by, we did our 12th year of National Trust Egg hunt, you aren't allowed to call it Easter Egg Hunt this year, no signs of eggs and this year the kids got a 2 inch bunny all for £2.50 each. First year we felt it was a rip off, when the kids were younger we might have did 4 over the weekend but the NT and Cadburys are certainly making it a money making weekend more than ever before.

Original Poster

eslick

Sounds like you had a good day, wish we lived close by, we did our 12th … Sounds like you had a good day, wish we lived close by, we did our 12th year of National Trust Egg hunt, you aren't allowed to call it Easter Egg Hunt this year, no signs of eggs and this year the kids got a 2 inch bunny all for £2.50 each. First year we felt it was a rip off, when the kids were younger we might have did 4 over the weekend but the NT and Cadburys are certainly making it a money making weekend more than ever before.

Hmmm relitively the ex made our son cry 3 to 4 times but overall it was a good day having to deal with him he was clearly trying to be on best behaviour, might have been a promising day might have been a glitch with a a slightly better mood for him hard to tell not going to hold my breath that this is the start of recovery for him tbh.

Hopefully it was a good omen, we were going to go with my mother but she never got round to giving us a clear date, only went on the Sunday because the ex said that was the only day he could see us (after asking to see our son) then he contacted me twice before the day to check that i really wanted him to come and if we was definitely going or if I'd cancelled etc oO (_;)

Moomins as in these things?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Moomin_characters.png

Nope. Nope. Nope. Evil looking things that scared the crap out of me as a child. Especialy that ginger girl. Pure evil.

Original Poster

biddilybah

Moomins as in these things?Nope. Nope. Nope. Evil looking things that … Moomins as in these things?Nope. Nope. Nope. Evil looking things that scared the crap out of me as a child. Especialy that ginger girl. Pure evil.

You have a fear of albino hippos?

I loved moomins as a kid but not those ones, the cartoon was rubbish, i grew up with the fuzzy felt style animated one.

Hattyfatners are scary not little my. Those things kill stuff and aren't even sentient beings just a force of nature attracted to lightning

Error440

You have a fear of albino hippos?I loved moomins as a kid but not those … You have a fear of albino hippos?I loved moomins as a kid but not those ones, the cartoon was rubbish, i grew up with the fuzzy felt style animated one.Hattyfatners are scary not little my. Those things kill stuff and aren't even sentient beings just a force of nature attracted to lightning

I think I had a fear of all of it. I'd turn the tv on hoping to watch some episodes of The Raccoons, Ducktales, Pup named Scooby Doo or Muppet babies and there they would be. Used to turn the TV off instantly. They still give me the creeps now. X)

Did you catch one? and if you did, what did you do with it?

Sounds fun Error, as long as the little ones enjoyed it

I found the Moomins very creepy as kid also, I think its their wide eye, emotionless faces.. and little my did come across as evil looking.

biddilybah

I think I had a fear of all of it. I'd turn the tv on hoping to watch … I think I had a fear of all of it. I'd turn the tv on hoping to watch some episodes of The Raccoons, Ducktales, Pup named Scooby Doo or Muppet babies and there they would be. Used to turn the TV off instantly. They still give me the creeps now. X)

We must be of similar age.. all those shows were what I was watching too.

Original Poster

Fuzzy felt moomins came from Poland and was on tv in 1983

I used to love the Moomins

Error440

Fuzzy felt moomins came from Poland and was on tv in 1983

Weird. The original Moomins were Finnish.

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

The books you mean? So what the Americas keep doing cartoons of things like Charles Dickens.

moneysavingkitten

Finland,Finland,Finland.....

Should have had Wombles well done on the free eggs Error

Edited by: "Wongy110" 17th Apr

Error440

The books you mean? So what the Americas keep doing cartoons of things … The books you mean? So what the Americas keep doing cartoons of things like Charles Dickens.

Comics yeah.

moomins ...

https://media.giphy.com/media/DBa308wq8XTMs/giphy.gif
    Edited by: "brilly" 17th Apr

Wow blast from past loved the moomins weird as hell to watch now tho
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions