Kew Gardens - worth taking the kids too?

Found 30th Apr 2009
Anyone been? Would the kids enjoy it or would it be boring?

Thanks!

1. Misc
  2. Garden
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Garden
12 Comments

It looks a bit pricey. I've never been...

My kids always love it, they can run up and down and race about and scoff food in the cafe and restaurant and flop down on the grass at the end.

If you have energetic little monsters like me, it'll be fun

My kids love the humid rooms and suchlike, take some colouring stuff with you too and they can draw some of the plants x x

Original Poster

duckmagicuk2;5084165

It looks a bit pricey. I've never been...

There is a voucher on here - family of 4 for £15

ClarityofMind;5084187

My kids always love it, they can run up and down and race about and scoff … My kids always love it, they can run up and down and race about and scoff food in the cafe and restaurant and flop down on the grass at the end. If you have energetic little monsters like me, it'll be funMy kids love the humid rooms and suchlike, take some colouring stuff with you too and they can draw some of the plants x x

My 2 don't stop moving LOL! I thought it would be like you need to be sensible and walk nicely and stuff, sounds more appealing if the kids won't be out of place running around

Mrs.Z;5084241

There is a voucher on here - family of 4 for £15 :)My 2 don't stop moving … There is a voucher on here - family of 4 for £15 :)My 2 don't stop moving LOL! I thought it would be like you need to be sensible and walk nicely and stuff, sounds more appealing if the kids won't be out of place running around

I've never found it restrictive with the kiddies like that though there are obviously some places that are more to be taken carefully than others, but really on a sunny day it's gorgeous and will definitely wear the little ones out lol

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5084261

I've never found it restrictive with the kiddies like that though there … I've never found it restrictive with the kiddies like that though there are obviously some places that are more to be taken carefully than others, but really on a sunny day it's gorgeous and will definitely wear the little ones out lol

Sound just up my street then :giggle:

Can you recommend any other good places to take them, too? Sound like you have a similar set-up to me LOL!

Mrs.Z;5084301

Sound just up my street then :giggle:Can you recommend any other good … Sound just up my street then :giggle:Can you recommend any other good places to take them, too? Sound like you have a similar set-up to me LOL!

lol! I know what you mean.

What area you in.. London?

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5084319

lol! I know what you mean.What area you in.. London?

Yeah, North East London but don't mind a journey if it's worth it - just always looking for new ideas

Mrs.Z;5084440

Yeah, North East London but don't mind a journey if it's worth it - just … Yeah, North East London but don't mind a journey if it's worth it - just always looking for new ideas

Not sure of your kiddies ages and stages...

Mine love the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green as Mummy rushes around going" Ohhh, Look, I played with this when I was little!!" lol and they enjoy my enthusiasm.

the science museum in the city is free and has that play area in the basement where you can sit and eat sarnies too.

My girls love the Victoria and Albert Museum as they try on all the costumes of clothing through the ages. I have a photos of my daughter in a corset a little girl would have worn like 200 yrs ago.

You must do Tussauds/planetarium/ the london eye/ london zoo/ the trocadero/ river cruises/ walk down embankment....but I'm sure you know all those and the issues with crowds etc.

Eat at The Hard Rock and the Rainforest Cafe in the city.

My kids are a bit older now and they love Thorpe Park and Chessington...

Some ideas off the top of my head anyways x x x

cloudthecat;5084650

Oh WOW!!!Clarityof Mind....I soooo wish you were MY Mummy!! The above … Oh WOW!!!Clarityof Mind....I soooo wish you were MY Mummy!! The above sounds fantastic!!!Deep sigh...Have a look here too...http://www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/http://www.whattodowiththekids.co.uk/

oh my kids are spoilt, they think its all so yesterday lol

Those links are great honey, thank you x x

Kids will love it if they are energetic - family of 4 for £15 is a bargain imo. Just been twice, both times on sunny days. Lovely memories

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5084575

Not sure of your kiddies ages and stages...Mine love the Museum of … Not sure of your kiddies ages and stages...Mine love the Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green as Mummy rushes around going" Ohhh, Look, I played with this when I was little!!" lol and they enjoy my enthusiasm. the science museum in the city is free and has that play area in the basement where you can sit and eat sarnies too.My girls love the Victoria and Albert Museum as they try on all the costumes of clothing through the ages. I have a photos of my daughter in a corset a little girl would have worn like 200 yrs ago.You must do Tussauds/planetarium/ the london eye/ london zoo/ the trocadero/ river cruises/ walk down embankment....but I'm sure you know all those and the issues with crowds etc.Eat at The Hard Rock and the Rainforest Cafe in the city.My kids are a bit older now and they love Thorpe Park and Chessington... Some ideas off the top of my head anyways x x x

cloudthecat;5084650

Oh WOW!!!Clarityof Mind....I soooo wish you were MY Mummy!! The above … Oh WOW!!!Clarityof Mind....I soooo wish you were MY Mummy!! The above sounds fantastic!!!Deep sigh...Have a look here too...http://www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk/http://www.whattodowiththekids.co.uk/

Thanks VERY much both of you, some fab ideas there - the Planetarium looks fab may even go there instead and save Kew till the weather's hot :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Swimming goggles for 3 year old11
    2. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22
    3. What is gearbest like on warranty?78
    4. Whatsup number, confused33

See more discussions