Expired

key cutting

Found 22nd May 2014
Hi I need to get a bog standard door key for the house cut as I accidentally broke the spare one (dont ask how!).

Dont want to walk into timpsons to be ripped off. I live near heathrow. Can anyone suggest wher to go and how much I should be lookingto pay ? Thanks!!
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Try this link for 192. Find a few near to you and call them up for a price.
Edited by: "Poppyj1" 22nd May 2014
Some asda stores have a key cutting machine, not sure of how the prices compare to other places though.
How?
Stusername

How?

what?
Cyrus

what?

did you break it lol
all kidding aside,ive had a few keys replaced and Timpsons usually do good deals,maybe £5.50 for 1,and £70 for two etc...worth going in with key and asking them first as ive always found them to be the cheapest in my area.
trisham3838

did you break it lol

oh! lol I tripped as I was walking in and grabbed onto the key in the door in the process. Key bent and broke but luckily came out the lock. Dont know my own power these days
lol...could have been worse if it broke inside the lock I suppose!
trisham3838

lol...could have been worse if it broke inside the lock I suppose!

true say
rick77

That sounds like a particularly poor price to me (for 2 keys)...

Clearly thats a typo - shoul be £7
£7 isn't bad for a couple of keys, amazes me how far people will go just to save a pound of two. You could try a set of these, would be free then.

http://www.alchemyandice.com/images/T/NF750-b.jpg

oops,£7 even lol
there is a key cutting place in the treaty center in Hounslow, up the end by the toilets
i find costs about the same every where, extortionate. look for places that fix shoes but i doubt if you will save much.
mutley1

i find costs about the same every where, extortionate. look for places … i find costs about the same every where, extortionate. look for places that fix shoes but i doubt if you will save much.

It is extortionate, especially as those key making machines are so cheap and all....
In my area there doesn't seem to be much difference in price between Timpsons and anywhere else but I had 2 keys cut at Timpsons and neither worked properly. Went back and they filed them a bit and said they would be fine. They weren't. Had to get a refund eventually so I avoid there now.
aircanman

It is extortionate, especially as those key making machines are so cheap … It is extortionate, especially as those key making machines are so cheap and all....

I don't think the expensive price is purely down to the machines being expensive but more the fact that there is limited demand as the frequency of people getting their keys cut in the shop is low so they have to recoup the price of the machine and other fixed costs from the few people that need their keys cut.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants