Keyboard for work and play

Posted 18th Feb
I'm looking for a nice keyboard for my pc. I work from home but also cover nights so wanted something mechanical as I love the feel. Had a Roccat previously but it needs to quiet enough that it doesn't wake the house . Any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
Linear or tactile switches? Do you want it from a big brand? Do you want rgb?
Not too fussed on brand. Tactile switches. I've seen the HyperX membrane and wonder if this would suit? Like the feel of a mechanical but also need to not sound liek an elephant tap dancing... Shame high streets don't cater for users wanting to try different types or brands
Corsair k95, no other keyboard close, for build quality..
long-time-lerker18/02/2020 17:11

Not too fussed on brand. Tactile switches. I've seen the HyperX membrane …Not too fussed on brand. Tactile switches. I've seen the HyperX membrane and wonder if this would suit? Like the feel of a mechanical but also need to not sound liek an elephant tap dancing... Shame high streets don't cater for users wanting to try different types or brands

What's your budget?
Bargainhead18/02/2020 20:38

Corsair k95, no other keyboard close, for build quality..

It may be good but very overpriced
Misly19/02/2020 00:13

It may be good but very overpriced

Price is relative to what quality you get. Have you used one for gaming? I’ve tried many keyboards and they don’t come close.. I actually got one refurbished from scan with guarantee for less than £90... so was cheaper than others I’ve had. But this one keeps going and going, even after late night sessions with drinks going all over it..
Misly19/02/2020 00:12

What's your budget?

Looking around the £50 mark. As I'm not looking for an elite gaming one. Just something that feels good to the touch and isn't as loud as the roccat I had before
scan.co.uk/pro…gho

This keyboard should be fine if you dont mind the badly designed software, it has brown switches which are tactile and on the quieter side, you could still add orings if it's too loud
Misly19/02/2020 10:28

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/thermaltake-esports-poseidon-z-mechanical-rgb-illuminated-gaming-keyboard-tt-brown-switches-anti-ghoThis keyboard should be fine if you dont mind the badly designed software, it has brown switches which are tactile and on the quieter side, you could still add orings if it's too loud

Thanks I'll check it out
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants