Groups
    EXPIRED

Keyboard keeps missing out letters, even though i'm typing them?

When your keyboard keeps missing out the odd letter here and there, even though you are 100% sure you pressed them..............is it time for a new keyboard?

Only had it 1 year, checked all the wires, but still happening.

18 Comments

Yes Mine Keeps Missing The N Button So Embarrasing When I Post!!!

Do you have a small child? Are the keys sticky?

If so you need a new keyboard...

Banned

Yeah my laptop does that one of the screws came out the n and k has to be pushed in about 20 times harder than any other key. Easy to do on a PC just get a new keyboard, but a laptop and its a new laptop

Jeany had this problem and found she had a crumb under one of her keys:giggle:

not joking

Banned

Have you checked the ink levels on your LCD screen?

It happens on my laptop all the time, mainly because I eat my lunch whilst working on it & the crumbs end up where they shouldn't. I just lift the key out & give it a good blow, works every time.

parisp;7123022

Yes Mine Keeps Missing The N Button So Embarrasing When I Post!!!

weird - so does mine (miss the N button)! Mine's a gateway keyboard.

guv;7123142

Have you checked the ink levels on your LCD screen?

:lol:

my keyboard has had most of the letters rubbed off, lucky I can touch type but the kids make a mess of their searches

I think as others have said, there is something stuck under the keys, turn it upside down and shake it :thumbsup:

is it wireless? can do that sometimes when the batteries are going or if its too far away from the receiver

Edit: just re read the op, missed the bit saying 'checked all the wires' lol

Borrow another keyboard, with your description of the problem it could just as easily be a software problem than a hardware problem. Alternatively, try the keyboard on another computer and see if the same thing happens.

Mie keeps missig the key between b ad m all the time - occasioally the ke next to the t ad u stops tpig as well

Every so often I pop all the keys off and wipe the plastic and shake all the dirt out, just make sure you know where they all go back in and it takes about 5-10 minutes to get keys out then back in alone.

ryouga;7124022

Every so often I pop all the keys off and wipe the plastic and shake all … Every so often I pop all the keys off and wipe the plastic and shake all the dirt out, just make sure you know where they all go back in and it takes about 5-10 minutes to get keys out then back in alone.

fof yjsy niy gpthpy ejrtr yjr lrud hp"

g1bbuk;7123042

Do you have a small child? Are the keys sticky?If so you need a new … Do you have a small child? Are the keys sticky?If so you need a new keyboard...

you need a new keyboard if you have a small child? lol

OP your keys are dirty underneath just gently lift them up out of the keyboard and clean beneath xxxx

Banned

Funny mine misses out

I O U

parisp;7123022

Yes Mie Keeps Missig The Butto So Embarrasig Whe I Post!!!

What? :whistling:

Just get a knife or somthing and prise the key off and clean the button. rea-apply the key (just snaps back on) and done.

Simples

Banned

Just get a knife or somthing and prise the key off and clean the button. … Just get a knife or somthing and prise the key off and clean the button. rea-apply the key (just snaps back on) and done.Simples

sorry

can you explain again please?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions