Keyboard & Mouse combo (sort of) on Xbox One - Yay or Nay?

Editor 8
Found 22nd Oct 2017
What we saying? Does the traditional keyboard and mouse option hold any place in console gaming? I've always used it as a sofa and chill kind of experience, and you honestly wouldn't be faulted for considering the balancing aspects of player with one of these and those with a gamepad.

I ask because I've just seen that Hori are releasing the Tactical Assault Commander Pro One (TAC Pro One) KeyPad and Mouse Controller for Xbox One & Windows PC(currently $149.99), a keyboard and mouse combination option that will be available for Xbox One and Windows 10.

2816080-YMQmA.jpg
  • Officially Licensed by Microsoft
  • Key and sensitivity settings can be saved to user profiles and adjusted with mobile app
  • Special features such as Snipe button, quick button, ADS lock, and more
  • Ergonomic and comfortable with adjustable palm rest
  • LED-backlit mechanical keypad and gaming-grade mouse

"Officially Licensed by Microsoft. The tac Pro one's mechanical keypad and mouse bring PC style controls to Xbox One. Designed specifically for FPS games, features include keypad or analog stick movement, and programmable user profiles.

The tac Pro provides an entirely new control method to the Xbox One to revolutionize your play style. Universal compatibility: plug and play on the Xbox One and Windows PC. Designed specifically for FPS games. Compatible with the included tac gaming mouse or any HID-compliant USB mouse.

Fully programmable: adjust and store your settings for mouse sensitivity, acceleration and dead zones. All sensitivity and key settings are programmable through the tac mobile App. 3200 DPI Optical mouse: gaming Grade mouse with ultra-responsive micro-switches for deadly accuracy. Buttons are intuitively mapped by Default and can be programmed as needed.

Advanced features: quick button increases mouse sensitivity for faster reaction time, Snipe button reduces sensitivity for precision aiming, walk button for precision movement, WSAD or analog stick movement Options, and more."

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Buy a proper PC

I would have nowhere to place/rest these in my living room. They would be a nightmare to use.

Not a fan of this. People that have mastered using a mouse and keyboard will dominate online...if they create different matchmaking playlists for control pad users and mouse users it will split the playerbase.

g4mer50 m ago

Not a fan of this. People that have mastered using a mouse and keyboard …Not a fan of this. People that have mastered using a mouse and keyboard will dominate online...if they create different matchmaking playlists for control pad users and mouse users it will split the playerbase.

When PUBG hits the Xbox I hope not to come across any keyboard and mouse players!!

g4mer3 h, 45 m ago

Not a fan of this. People that have mastered using a mouse and keyboard …Not a fan of this. People that have mastered using a mouse and keyboard will dominate online...if they create different matchmaking playlists for control pad users and mouse users it will split the playerbase.

They already do.

Keyboards/keypads & mouse controllers have been available for video games consoles for many years.

In fact, I still have a mouse for the original PlayStation console:

[ en.wikipedia.org/wik…use ].

Just search YouTube for, for example...

Call of Duty Video Game Console Keyboard Mouse

g4mer15 h, 57 m ago

Agreed, this will take any fun that's left out of online multiplayer gaming.

Its already happened and available. The Xim 4 is an adaptor for keyboard and mouse

amazon.com/gp/…N9N

madnlooney4 h, 0 m ago

Its already happened and available. The Xim 4 is an adaptor for keyboard …Its already happened and available. The Xim 4 is an adaptor for keyboard and mousehttps://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MG654FM/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_63_of_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DVEM0DHCZQYQEH0D1N9N

Spendy
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants