Found 16th Dec 2010
Have Dell Vostro laptop, few years old now. Noticed a very odd problem recently.

As I type, the cursor will jump a few lines up (before I see it) and insert the text half way through previously typed stuff............so annoying.

Anyone else ever heard of this happening, or what could be the cause?

1. Misc
  2. Keyboard
4 Comments

Faulty track (mouse) pad, or hand positioning over the track pad?

yes, it my experience either the pad is duff or you are brushing over it - i know some years ago the some dell's had a flawed design on some of their mousepads which led to this behaviour frequently. the touchpad driver's usually have settings to protect against brushing the pad so try ramping that up first to see if it helps...

Original Poster

dt_matthews

yes, it my experience either the pad is duff or you are brushing over it … yes, it my experience either the pad is duff or you are brushing over it - i know some years ago the some dell's had a flawed design on some of their mousepads which led to this behaviour frequently. the touchpad driver's usually have settings to protect against brushing the pad so try ramping that up first to see if it helps...

Well I am just typing on the keys when it happens. Sad old git that I am, still look at he keyboard when typing........then look up and find sentences are garbage.

in that case I would suspect that your touchpad sensors are knackered assuming you havent installed or uninstalled any programs recently that might have effected it (i.e. system drivers).

iglimpse

Well I am just typing on the keys when it happens. Sad old git that I … Well I am just typing on the keys when it happens. Sad old git that I am, still look at he keyboard when typing........then look up and find sentences are garbage.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. amazon prime question33
    2. Help! In need of a PS4 Headset47
    3. Camera lens44
    4. good place to buy stocks33

See more discussions