EXPIRED

Keyed scratches on my car!

:x HELP... Someone has scratched, with a key I think, all down one side of my car, bonnet and boot. I went to halfords, as they are offering a scratch removal service... £135 per panel to repair, and they won't do the bonnet!!!!
So my request to you all out there is:
Do you know anyone, maybe even a mobile service, in the Croydon, Surrey or surrounding areas that does scratch removal, and for a hell of a lot cheaper than halfords??? Any help appreciated X

22 Comments

is it a deep scratch or light?

http://www.batterschoice.com/images/prod__BLG1000SOMETHING FOR THE PERSON THAT SCRATCHED YOUR CAR ;-)

(PS ONLY JOKING - NO INTENT TO INCITE! )

Original Poster

I'm not sure wot you'd call deep, the metal underneath isn't showing thruogh, but some are deeper than others...

Hope this helps:
Enter your postcode and see if these guys can help.
I'm having them out to spray my bumper after my husband caught it in a car park! :x

revive-uk.com/ret…php

What about Mer Scratch Removal - seen it advertised but don't know if its any good.....
merproducts.com/aca…tml

Original Poster

mallens
Many Thanks... I'll give them a call to get a quote... Fingers crossed!!

Original Poster

gari 189
I'll give anything a go... Ijust don't want to spend a fortune when it's not my fault!!!

Original Poster

darknoiz
don't think that didn't cross my mind...and if I knew the culprit...well...

Seen some good reviews of these:

chipsaway.co.uk

is it too deep to t-cut out?

MinstrelMan

is it too deep to t-cut out?

Eggactly wot I was going to ask. T Cut is the dogs danglies, Tesco do their own version as well which is pretty good :thumbsup:

im always supprised by the amount of people that dont know about t-cut. shame I cant get something similar for my driver side window after some (inster your own word here) tried putting a brick through it

all for £3.16 and the smurfs go pop album (its my daughters!) :lol:

Original Poster

thanks pyrrho.
I'll give them a call too.

May I suggest before using t-cut which is very good but bit on the harsh side, Try AutoGlym Paint Renovaitor! Its the same a T-Cut but easyiers to work with. Also the AutoGlym Resin Polish will help finish the job off. These item are sold at Halford etc. £8 max a bottle.

Minstralman is right T Cut is a fantastic! The only thing I would suggest is to take your time try a liitle in a area of the car and gently rub the surroundng area using clean part of the cloth each time. Best of LUCK!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, I'll try it myself, then , if all else fails, I'll get back to the guy from Revive, rec by mallens, who said he'd do it for £90 plus vat!

HeY! I suppose I gave good advise there see post above Autoexpress say's Autoglym was the best. You can't beat it.

PS. I am not an Autoglym Rep! heheh (No i am not)

bimbani

Thanks everyone, I'll try it myself, then , if all else fails, I'll get … Thanks everyone, I'll try it myself, then , if all else fails, I'll get back to the guy from Revive, rec by mallens, who said he'd do it for £90 plus vat!

Mate upload a pic of the scratch.

If it's a light scratch you can repair it yourself at a fraction of the price.

Feel the scratch. If your fingernail catches on a scratch, it is too deep to remove completely without professional repair.

Here's what you need.

cleanyourcar.co.uk/pol…tml

Sonus is basically top of the range when it comes to car care. Expensive but really worth it.

You can do a really good job of fixing the scratches if you invest in a Porter Cable 7424 (and you can even removed swirl marks).

Look at the pictures in this link. That poor Audi has a huge scratch on the door. Using Sonus products and a Porter Cable the paint is completely restored to a showroom finish :thumbsup:
cleanyourcar.co.uk/sho…tml

If you want scratch removal don't even bother with T-cut. Total amateur sh*te. Try to source Farecla G3/G10. It's not easy to get hold of offline (auto paint factor sometimes have it if you get lucky) but there are a few places online that sell it. There now follow a couple of pics of a car I bought a while back that was literally covered in scratches/dull paintwork. Typical ebay shi**er.....

Before:
http://www.shengis.net/feocpics/gxg2.jpg
After:
http://www.shengis.net/feocpics/gag3.jpg

I don't think i've got any close up before/after pics unfortunately, but this is proper bodyshop refinishing stuff:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thank You every one. Man from Revive has just been £90 plus vat. Done a fab job. only one really deep one on my bonnet that couldn't be fully repaired. I would highly recommend this company for their prompt reply to my e-mail enquiry and then turning up at the stated time to do the job!!! ta though to you all for your tips and advice... Bimbani xx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    2. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33
    3. Where has the Freebies section gone ?23
    4. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?913

See more discussions